GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Behavior & Training > What can I do?
Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 1:33am PST 
Tambolina is very pretty.

Does she have any place high to climb inside the house? Probably she does since you have so many kitties, but if she doesn't perhaps that would help...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 25 4:01 am

Cat Health > how to give meds to a cat
Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 1:23am PST 
Abby's mom here...we were never able to pill Abby successfully, or to get her to eat a pill pocket. But we did find that when we ground the pill up with a pestle and mortar (so it was a powder), and mixed it in with her wet food THAT way (so it wasn't just a pill or cut up pill amidst the food, but totally mixed in), she did eat the food without noticing or at any rate without spitting anything out.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 5:45 am

Cat Health > I Think My Cat Was Poisoned

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 1:17am PST 
I am very sorry for your loss and your kitty's suffering. I hope the others can fight off the poison. Purrs, Abby
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 19 1:17 am

Cat Health > Need Advice Urgently re: Cats stressed over newly introduced foster kittens

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:01pm PST 
This definitely seems like a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" but you really have done a good deed, so let's hope a solution finds its way to you.

I'm sorry I read your post too quickly the first time round...I'm afraid my only other thought was whether it might make sense to see if you could put up some ads w. pictures of the kittens at local churches/community centers or even libraries (which you may already have done I realize).

Best thoughts to you and your kitties at getting through this tough time...
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 6:41 am

Food & Nutrition > Best food for UTI prone cat

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 11:04pm PST 
I can confirm what has been said above. I had a run of urinary tract infections when I was first adopted. An all wet diet (w. a bit of additional water mixed in to the canned food, and using mostly grain free brands) put an end to it.

I should say that in my case a diet of mixed dry and wet foods didn't work. Until I went to all wet foods I had problems, but I also am one of those cats that just won't drink plain water...
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 4 1:46 pm

Cat Health > Help! Congestive Heart failure?
Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 10:52pm PST 
I am sorry you are going through this...but perhaps since you say Moch is responding to the antibiotics things are less bad than you suppose. I'm afraid I don't have any special advice except to say that there is lots in your post to suggest Moch may be getting better not worse. Time will tell and whatever happens Moch will have all your love. Purrs from Abby.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 5:49 pm

Cat Health > Need Advice Urgently re: Cats stressed over newly introduced foster kittens

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 10:45pm PST 
This is a tough one. Sounds as if you are definitely at a tipping point. Is there a rescue group in your area that might be able to help? I think that since you are already caring for eight cats and those cats are suffering a bit with the addition of the new kittens, it is not unreasonable or ungenerous of you to ask a rescue group to take the kittens off of your hands, especially now that they are on kitten food.

My only other question would be whether the kittens are old enough now that it would be alright to test the waters and see if River could spend some time in their 'safe area' which is also, I gather, his old safe area...

River is just adorable!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 6:41 am

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism & Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Wed Apr 11, '12 1:27pm PST 
Very glad to hear the regime is not quite as strict as you feared. Purrs to Callie and you...With so much love and concern coming her way (plus toys), I bet she will do great!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 25 9:28 am

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism & Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Wed Apr 11, '12 2:02am PST 
Hmmm...this is tough for Callie and you. From your description your husband's daughter's room sounds the best option. And maybe a radio in the room playing soft music if you think Callie would like that?

When she is really distressed and wants your company perhaps you could sit on the other side of door and at least let her hear your voice. You don't want to 'tease' her, but sometimes when Abby is upset in one part of our home, hearing a reassuring sentence or two from me working in another part settles her.

And although you can only visit five minutes an hour, perhaps others can also visit five five minutes an hour so she at least has attention and company--your husband obviously, but also any cat-loving friends, relatives, or neighbors you have that might be willing to help.

I have to admit that in this kind of situation I would probably use treats to soothe my kitty too...Not every hourly visit (!), but maybe some of the times when you have to leave her after five minutes and she is really upset. Not the most healthful choice--I am very restrained with treats usually--but for this situation perhaps justified as long as she does not have weight problems.

One other thought: I (Abby's human) was once diagnosed "Hyperthyroid" and it seemed to me the Doctor could not wait to treat when, as you know, the treatments are themselves pretty serious stuff...I held out for multiple thyroid tests over time before I let anyone prescribe me anything and, unexpectedly (to the Doctors) my thyroid stabilized. You should definitely get Callie the best treatment she needs in a timely fashion, but certainly don't rush if you (and your vet) don't judge that you have to...

Sending best thoughts your way -- and purrs from Abby.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 25 9:28 am

Cat Health > shelter cat diarrhea, blood in stool, vomiting
Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Sun Apr 8, '12 2:38pm PST 
So great you are keeping Salem. When I was first adopted I was quite fearful and I made it really, really, REALLY difficult for my human parents to give me pills in particular. (I had some classic kitty urinary tract infections my first weeks home from the shelter and needed anti-biotics.)

They tried the pill pockets but I was not fooled (medicine: blech...) But I understand pill pockets work for a lot of cats and are well worth trying.

But what fooled me into taking my pills, at least for a while, was when my humans crushed the pills in a mortar and then mixed it with my wet food.

I should mention, though, that I then got diarrhea from the pills themselves! But some kitty probiotics--also added to my food--worked just fine to clear it up.

Hope Salem feels better soon...purrs....
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:05 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.