Postings by ally

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > How can I get wings added for Ally cat ):
ally

Ally cat

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:21pm PST 
Hi my ally cat passed away a little over a year ago and was wondering about how to get wings added.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Jan 10 7:47 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > its been 7 years and its still hard to deal
ally

Ally cat

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:12pm PST 
I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same. Our Ally cat went to heaven a few years ago. I try not to think about how long its been because it just seems to make me more sad. When I think of her I cry. Mostly because I still feel guilty that I didn't do everything right as far as her ear cancer and surgery. And having to put her to sleep was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and still feel guilty about it. I can't tell you how to handle it I just try not to think about it very much because I cry everytime. I have to come face to face with the vet tomorrow night that shunned her for a year which led to me losing her and I am very nervous about it. I have not talked with this vet since and there is alot of hurt and anger there. I am going to our local humane society meeting and she is involved with them. Anyway Hugs to you and I am hurting with you. I hope you can find at least a little bit of peace.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ally, Jan 9 7:12 pm

Cat Health > Haven't been here since June-2010 ):

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 6:57pm PST 
Thank you BK the meeting is tomorrow night and just seeing her will bring all the hurt back. I just hope I can hold it together.

Janice (Ally's mom)
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Jan 11 3:59 pm

Cat Health > Haven't been here since June-2010 ):

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:10pm PST 
Hey friends I know most of you will not remember me but our Ally cat was put to sleep in June 2010 due to an ear tumor. She went through ear ablation and the cancer spread really quickly. It was a very heartbreaking ordeal and I haven't been back to this site since then. When I logged back in and saw Ally pics I just cried all over again ): ANYWAY the reason I am here is I really just need yall's input and opinions on something really inportant. I know alot of you have lost a kitty and would understand. I am attending a meeting for our local humane society concerning animal cruelty in our town and getting volunteers etc. The problem is.... The vet that shunned Ally's ear problem for over a year will most likely be at the meeting because she is involved with the shelter. She dismissed our complaints and just kept telling us there were no ear mites and she had no clue why Ally would be shaking her head and digging and why it smelled the way it did. After a rupture I took her to the vet that actually owned the office and he said this is definatly nothing like an ear infection and he sent us to a surgeon. I have not spoken to this vet since I lost my Ally and I cannot tell you the hurt I feel and anger that I have for this woman. The other vet said he was planning on discussing the outcome with her but who knows. In my heart I feel that if I do not let her know how I feel I will never fully get over this. BUT I have to bury this at least until after the meeting is over because I plan on speaking and being involved. Just wanted yall's thoughts (: Thank you bunches
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Jan 11 3:59 pm

Cat Health > wanted to let yall know I had to let allie go

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Mon Jun 14, '10 6:07pm PST 
Allie was starting to have vertigo issues after her TECA that was done about 4 weeks ago. She was starting to not eat and drink as much and just wasn't back to herself. Doc gave her a steroid shot last week but it did not help. I took her in today to see if there was possible infection causing it and I wanted to get another CT scan to see how much cancer he had left and how much time I had. Well.... I went in to pick her up and doc said the cancer had spread rapidly to her inner ear and under her throat. He said this was definitely not infection. He said since she has not taken well to any pain med(they made her wide awake and act funny)she needed to be on metacam which is the one I did not want her on because of side effects but he said she needed this and an anti-nausea pill to help with the vertigo. I pretty much knew what I needed to do.I knew she was just going to get worse quickly and I did not want to put her thru more meds. We have been going thru meds and ear drops for over a year. So I told him I was opting not to do the meds and send her to heaven. I knew the time would come and I had been dreading how I was going to be able to go up to the vet and do it so I knew if I didn't do it then it would be harder for me later. He asked me if I wanted to spend time with her before the injection but I was afraid I would change my mind. He told me with the med that he uses she would just start relaxing but it would take about 15 mins so I thought I would have time after the shot. NOT... He gave her the shot and brought her wrapped in a towel and when he handed her to me she was fading fast. She was making the mad groaning noice like she would do when they would mess with her and she went within a matter of seconds. He said wow, its amazing how meds affect her. So I have cried for the last 5 hours. I am regreting not spending time with her before the shot. I told her I loved her as she was fading out but I don't think she heard me. I am so mad at myself for that. I got her home and cut off some of her long hair to keep and just kept kissing her. When I would move her I would here a grunt but my husband said it was just air.I just wanted to hold onto her forever ): I even got my stethoscope out to be sure she was really gone.I keep waiting for her to walk in the room. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. She slept with us how will I get thru waking up in the middle of the night and it slapping me in the face that she is gone? Life really sucks!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jun 15 10:06 am

Cat Health > HELP!! My TAIL is attacking me!!
ally

Ally cat

Purred: Fri Jun 4, '10 7:34am PST 
I act that way when my ears are bothering me. I have had ear infections and just had total ear canal removal because of a tumor that they couldn't get all of ): You may want to get ears checked on. good luck
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Cameron, Jun 30 9:22 am

Cat Health > Allie update

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Fri May 28, '10 5:55pm PST 
Hey friendS I think I will post this one as myself. Took allie cat to the doc today to get her stitches removed from her ear from the total ear canal abalation. He said the results came back from the tumor removal and said it is squamous cell so of course bad news. He said radiation would be about $5000 and there could be bad side effects. He said since he was not able to remove all of the tumor statistics say about 3 months with no treatment. We have to watch for swelling in her face and her lid starting to droop again. Her eye has not gotten back to normal yet from the surgery. How do you come home and just wait and count down the time till your baby has to be put to sleep? I have cried so much today. And now she has an infection in the other ear which is so ironic and crappy. She had the surgery 10 days ago but she still doesn't act like she feels good. I am giving her a very small dose of tramadol which keeps her awake but seems to make her feel a little better. When she does leave me I am definetly taking a break. This hurts too much and when I have an animal I can't stay gone for longer than a night without worrying myself sick. Anyway just wanted to update yall and thank yall for your support.cry
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, May 29 3:37 pm

Cat Health > please share experience with soft e collars

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 7:11am PST 
hey yall I came home yesterday cause I did not like that place at all. The vet wanted to keep me but he thought I would do better at home. I kept Mom and Dad awake most of the night cause that pain med works the opposite on me and keeps me awake. I pulled out my drain tube last night so Mom cut most of it off but there is still some being held on by stitches. I go back to the yucky place on Monday for check up on everything. Doc prescribed metacam which is an antinflammatory but Mom read bad stuff about it so Doc said not to use if she seems to be feeling ok with not much pain. TTYL
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ally, May 21 7:11 am

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 2:26pm PST 
Hey everyone just wanted to update yall on ally, if I can see thru the tears to type that is. Ally is at the hospital recovering from surgery done today. The doc said it was definately a tumor but not exactly sure what kind. He is afraid it is squamous cell which is an aggressive one. He does not feel certain that he was able to remove it all. He said it had invaded all the surrounding tissue and the facial nerves was right thru the middle of the tumor. He worked 2 hours on the area around the nerves trying not to damage them. He is afraid she may have permanet damage there. Which yall know is not a good thing. He said he will send it off and find out next week what kind it is and what next step will be. He said probably radiation if thats the route we want. I have cried all after noon. He did have to do the complete bulla osteostomy and remove the whole ear canal and she has a drain in right now. He said possibly bring her home tomorrow depending on how she is doing. She must be in alot of pain because he said she did not want them near her. It will be hard to wait for the results. And I guess she will come home with a cone which she will hate and not sure how she will manage when we are not home since she uses the bathroom outside and goes thru her kitty door to do that. Anyway man I hate leaving her there. Thanks for all of your replies this is so hard but still hopefull its not the aggressive growing cancer. Its already costing us more than 3000 so if they say radiation etc I don't know how we will manage that. I love her so much and can't even go away for longer than 2 days because I worry about her, my fanily hates that. I will update tomorrow
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ally, May 21 7:11 am

ally

Ally cat

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 6:17pm PST 
Hey friends I went to doc today and they did ct scan and it appears to be a polyp but that was the doc reading the scan, the radiologist will read tonight and I go in for surgery tomorrow. My Mom thought they would go in behind the ear at the jaw bone cause thats what she read but this doc goes in the neck in the throat area. They said they will have to keep me for a few days but Mom said she wanted me home instead of being there. So if all goes well hepofully I can stay just 1 night. Oh and my mom was sad and cried today cause including todays ct scan and visit the surgery is costing about $3000.00 but she is paying it anyway cause she loves me. I am her child after all at least thats what she tells me. Update soon
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ally, May 21 7:11 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.