Postings by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*

GO!

(Page 1 of 67: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Peeing out of the litterbox... again. HELP!
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Jan 9, '14 5:06pm PST 
Ok so last night I came home to pee, again. I threw out a couple of cushions, and cleaned the whole entire floor, twice. This morning I did what I could to keep him occupied, I fed him and I noticed that last night he peed in his box! I cleaned his litter box and left for work. After work, I went to petco and bought him a new litter box, dr elseys cat attractant litter additive, and a Feliway diffuser. I fed him when I came home, and switched out litter boxes, plugged in the diffuser, and played with him for 2 hours! Oh and I noticed that he peed in his litter box again! smile I hope he uses the new box (it's the same brand, style and color as the old one) with the cat litter additive in it. So far no peeing anywhere today besides his box! Let's hope this continues.

Thanks for the advice BK. I never think of going to Dr. Piersons website.

meditate
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jan 9 5:06 pm

Behavior & Training > Peeing out of the litterbox... again. HELP!
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Jan 8, '14 9:47am PST 
Hiya everyfur. Hunty's momma here. Let me give you a little background first. Hunty started peeing out of his litter box around August/September. I was away for about a week, and the vet said that he was stressed with me being away. He was eating, using his litter box (once I was home) and playing, acting fine. He was fine for a month. Then one day, he peed on a recliner. Cleaned it up, and he was fine again for another month. He peed again in November, just once. I cleaned it up, and he was fine up until 2 days ago.

Yesterday I noticed a puddle under a rocking chair on the floor. Smelled like pee. So I got my black light out, and it barely registered! It looked like water. Was barely yellow on the paper towel. (I chalked that incident up to being lazy about cleaning his litter box) I didn't see him do it. And it wasn't warm at all. Last night again, by the rocking chair, it smelled like pee. I found out that he peed in a bag (Or so I think) so I threw away the bag, and cleaned up the spot. I woke this morning, and no pee spots. I made sure, I smelled around and everything was a-okay. He peed in his box this morning /last night sometime, so I emptied it. Clean box. I fed him, played with him, and I came to work.

About an hour ago, I got a call that there was another puddle underneath the rocking chair. So my parents went to go find Hunter, and he was sleeping. They think that the trash can in the kitchen (Right next to the rocking chair) is leaking.

So I'm a bit confused. This puddle doesn't glow under a black light. Its barely yellow when I wipe it up. But it smells like pee. Could Hunter be so hydrated that he pees clear?? I haven't seen him do it. But I also have a dog. I don't know what to do. He does pee in his litter box. But I also know that he has peed elsewhere.

I personally have never seen Hunter pee anywhere but his litter box. I don't think this is a physical problem, but more a behavioral thing. I do have a comfort plug in thats made for a dog though. I might buy a couple of plug ins to put around the house. What brand is best?

How can I made Hunter calm and happy?? He is the type that needs mental and physical stimulation. I play with him but that only goes so far. Any ideas?

In a couple of months I have to bring him for his yearly physical. But for now, I just need suggestions. I'm worried about my big boy. He still eats, acts normal, runs around like a lunatic.

Sorry for such a long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelly
(Huntys Momma)
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jan 9 5:06 pm

Cat Health > Is my kitten a little special? He worries me. Eating and breathing funny.

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Jan 3, '14 6:09am PST 
Wow, your cat sounds like my Hunter. Hunter never has been a big eater. He is more like a grazer and will take all day to finish 3oz. of food. He gets wet food. He is also the Go-Go-Go type. Always bouncing around the house like a complete lunatic!

My Hunter will also breathe funny. He even snores!! I know its more noticable after he runs around like a tornado. He huffs when hes pissed off.

He even wags his tail like a dog too! I call him a dog all the time.

I've mentioned all of this to my vet and they say he is normal too. I wouldn't worry. As long as your cat is eating, using his litter box, and breathing, I think he is a-okay!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 3 12:29 pm

Behavior & Training > help! i need your advice! my cats a morning person!

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:44am PST 
I think most cats are awake early in the morning, and early in the evening. My Hunter wakes up anywhere between 4:30-5:45am everyday. Wish cats knew about weekends!! Anyway, the way I handle it might be a little different. Hunter stays in my room all night with me. I shut the door. I have to. If not, he'll be yeowling all night. When he wakes up, usually he does things to irritate me. He'll go on my dresser and knock things off on purpose. Thats when I open my door and let him do his thing in the rest of the house. Although, thats when the yeowling starts. He just wants me to wake up.

What you can do is, get an automatic toy. Like the Cats Meow, and put it on. Hopefully it'll keep Mittens occupied. So you can sleep more. Have a routine. Cats strive on routines, and play with her before she sleeps. Think of how cats are in the wild. They hunt (play), eat, groom, sleep. So play with her about an hour before bed. Play for about 30 minutes or so. Wait about 10 minutes, then feed her. Let her settle in, and then go to bed.

Hunter will be 4 next month and he still yeowls and wakes me up. Although our nighttime routine is working out great!! He knows that he sleeps with me, and that its sleep time, not play time. He sleeps with me from about 9:30-5:30ish. I can't complain.

Mittens is still just a kitten. It will get better. Have a routine and get an automatic toy.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mittens, Dec 17 6:18 am

Grooming > I look scruffy!

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 5:11am PST 
Well this thread is old. So its been 3 years, and Hunters fur is definitely not greasy. He is fine. He keeps his fur in check, and since its getting cold out, he is developing his annual Ruff around his neck. I brush him when I have to, since he still hates it. I'm not worried about him at the moment.

Hunter is a-okay.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 15 5:11 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 4:59am PST 
Oh really Shade? Hmmm I'll have to check that out when I need to make a new bag. I remember seeing something like that when I first bought it. I just thought it was part of the plastic. Thats good to know! Thanks! smile
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 15 4:59 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Nov 14, '13 6:30am PST 
I LOVE my Litter Genie!! There is absolutely NO cat smell in my house. The one problem I still have with it, there is no warning when you're getting to the end of the plastic/bags. Other than that, I have no problems with it. Should of bought one years ago when I had Hanna!!!

way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 15 4:59 am

Food & Nutrition > What is your feeding routine?

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Nov 11, '13 1:20pm PST 
I feed Hunter a 3oz can of wet food around 7:15am. Right before I leave for work. He doesn't get any dry food. Sometimes if I find that the 'wet' food doesn't have enough moisture for me, I'll had some warm water. He doesn't eat until around 8:00pm. Occasionally he'll snack on some of the dogs Wellness core canned food. Although he knows he isn't supposed to.

Hunter doesn't beg for food. Never has. I think thats because when he was a kitten, he ate like 3-4 times a day.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by JC, Dec 1 6:57 am

Cat Health > Just need some feedback...

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Oct 23, '13 6:02am PST 
Hey everyone Huntys momma here. I apologize if this post is long but I suppose I just need feedback and to talk about my worries. Hunter is okay. I have a tendency to become a bit neurotic when it comes to his health. This past Saturday, Hunter peed on a recliner. Not spraying. My mother said that he was angry with her because she shut the slider door. So in retaliation he peed on her chair. I don’t really believe that. Anyway, since then, he has been peeing in his box. (Lets hope this continues) Here is where my worries get to me. I have been super diligent in cleaning his litter box twice a day. When I leave for work, and when I come home. I don’t know if its because I’m now more aware of when he is peeing, but he only goes twice a day. Almost exactly 12 hours apart. I even timed this, because I thought he was blocked. Nope, not blocked. I believe that he should be going pee more often, so I started adding more water to his wet food. He is still only going twice a day, 12 hours apart. Is this a cause for concern? I was really worried Monday, so I started feeling his belly, if he would whine, or flinch. Nope. Nothing. He is as active as ever. He could play for hours. He is eating okay. I think he is getting bored with his food. But that’s a whole other discussion.
He isn’t hiding, he isn’t acting any more odd than he already is, and all he wants to do is play. My family thinks I’m nuts that I think he should be peeing more often. Oh and I know he isn’t peeing anywhere else in the house. I’ve been on “black light” duty. That flashlight has been attached to my hip. So I know he isn’t going anywhere else. I even googled ‘How often do cats pee”. I read that most go 2-3 times daily, where others go more frequently. In the back of my mind I think I’m just worried because I’m noticing it more, and I’m cleaning his box at the same time everyday.

Someone please tell me to relax and that I’m completely neurotic. I know if someone from the outside were to come in my home and see Hunter for a day. They would think he is 100% healthy and high energy.

What are your thoughts? meditate
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Oct 23 9:56 pm

Behavior & Training > He peed again...
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 4:29pm PST 
Hey every fur. Huntys mom here. He peed on the recliner yesterday. I was home this time although I wasn't in the same room. So I cleaned it up and made sure with a black light that I got it all.

He was locked in a room for about 3 hours while my nieces were here. That's nothing new for him. I do it so they won't chase after him. My nieces are 4, 2 and 8 months. The 2 older ones did see him and said hi, but they didn't touch or chase him.

After they left, he was let out, jumped on top of the recliner and peed. To make matters worse, about an hour later someone in my neighborhood decided they were either going to shoot off fireworks or have target practice! For 10 minutes all I could hear was "bang!" Like gunshots. Hunter freaked out!!!! He ran and hid underneath the couch. Finally he came out and slept with me for the night.

Today he's just been weird. Hasn't peed on anything. Just where he is supposed to, in his litter box. I really think he's insecure and has separation anxiety. I read that I should leave out something for Hunter while I'm gone that smells of me. So I got out an old fleece blanket that will be his "blankey". I plugged in the dogs " comfort defuser" in my room to help him until I get the cash to buy a Feliway.

I feel like a bad pet mom. Like I'm not providing something that he is obviously lacking. What else can I do? He hadn't peed on anything in over a month!

How can I make Hunter feel more secure in his home?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Norman DB#93 2001-2013, Oct 20 10:57 pm

(Page 1 of 67: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.