Postings by GC Rdreams Golden Bamboo of Po

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > AKC Ch.Dog Owner Wondering About Purebred CFA Ch.Cats

GC Rdreams- Golden- Bamboo of Po

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 3:23am PST 
As a dog breeder I am sure that you understand that no matter what breed of cat you decide upon, you know to research the genetic traits - any potential health problems associated with the breed such as PKD with Persians, HCM with Maine Coons etc. I am a silver/golden Persian breeder and am just a bit biased about the breed. Don't know that I would ever own another breed. I would suggest going to a cat show and talking with the exhibitors.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Rory , Mar 6 6:25 pm

Grooming > How to make my cat SUPER fluffy for show?

Purred: Sun May 15, '11 3:54pm PST 
While the Persians are super fluffy, I am not sure that applies to Norwegian Forest cats. Have you contacted your cats breeder for help? What we get done (Mom shows Persians) is degrease first with Goop. It is found in the automotive section of Walmart. Don't get the one with pumice or orange in it. Then a bath with diluted Dawn dish soap. After that a shampoo of your choice - Momuses a volumizing and a clarifying shampoo.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Chief Red-Cloud - He-Who-Stand, Jul 13 2:33 pm

Laws & Legislation > Don\'t Believe this Cattery!!

Purred: Sun Aug 22, '10 3:38pm PST 
Several nasty ones - one even bit the judge and went on to be a regional winner. It happens. Personality DOES count in HHP since the judges don't have a breed standard to judge against.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Jul 15 7:51 pm

Laws & Legislation > Don\'t Believe this Cattery!!

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 7:45pm PST 
I agree with most of what has been said except to ask a breeder to see all the cats and kittens is not going to happen most of the time. If they have very young kittens they will not be willing to expose them to potential disease. The other thing I disagree with is a cat doesn't lose points for not behaving at the shows. The judges may not use the cat in a final, but the cat is strictly judged according to the breed standard not personality. The best thing to do is take your time in searching for a new kitten/cat - talk to people, visit cat shows and get to know the breeders. I always welcome people talking to me and asking me about my cats. Use your head, not your heart in making your choice.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Jul 15 7:51 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > The Persian Breed? Help!

Purred: Sun Jun 27, '10 5:26am PST 
I am a Persian breeder (Silver and goldens). Persian are very mellow cats but do require regular grooming. Unless you have the time for combing and an occasional bath -yes I did say bathing - another breed might be better for you. Persians are not the type of cat to get into much. I call mine the speed bumps of the cat world. Himis are a little more vocal and playful in my experience (I used to breed Himis). In the Cat Fanciers Association Himis are considered a color class of Persians, but in some other registeries they are a different breed. It is the size of the nares (nostrils) that cause the breathing problems so even a Persian with a longer nose can have it if the nares are small. There are genetic problems that can arise in Persians such as polycystic kidney disease. There is no cure for it and while some cats live for years with no problems, others can die at a very young age. The good news is there is a DNA test for it so breeders are using it as a tool to stop this terrible disease.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by GC Rdreams Golden Bamboo of Po, Jun 27 5:26 am

Grooming > Matts Matts and more Matts!

Purred: Sun Jun 13, '10 6:51am PST 
May I suggest that any time you are trying to cut a mat out, put the comb between the skin and the mat - that way you shouldn't cut the skin.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Meoki, Jun 25 8:29 pm

Grooming > Cat shampoo for humans?

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 3:54am PST 
I use the Mahogany gold for my shaded golden Persians and don't have a problem with it. I don't think I would try it for my hair though.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Aug 17 8:01 pm

Persian > NEW PERSIAN..IS SOMETHING WRONG?

Purred: Mon Apr 12, '10 3:29am PST 
I hope that by now you have taken him to the vet. I have to say that I am surprised a breeder would let a baby this young go to a new home. Persians are generally slow to develop and need to stay with the mother until at least 12 weeks - 16 is better. The runny nose could have been from stress as well as the urine on him at the time of arrival, especially if it was a long flight. I always take a new cat to the vet for a check up within 24 to 48 hours after getting them. If there are other cats in the house I suggest keeping them apart for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is a precaution against spreading disease.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by GC Rdreams Golden Bamboo of Po, Apr 12 3:29 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.