Postings by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12)

GO!

(Page 1 of 948: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sasha crossed the bridge
Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '15 8:24pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear that Sasha had to leave you! His love, though, will be with you forever. We hope that you can find comfort in that love.

Sending purrs! hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Tue 8:24 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye to my Feline Friend

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Tue Feb 3, '15 11:46am PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Tazz! It's so hard to lose a furbaby. hug

Our physical existence may be limited, but love is not. The love you and Tazz had for each other will be with you forever, and will continue to live and grow as you share your love with others.

My family and I are with you in our hearts. hug

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Feb 14 7:56 pm

Behavior & Training > Advice on how to stop my cat from eating everything?

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Jan 9, '15 3:59pm PST 
When Bea was young, she used to put hair ties in my shoe. We used to play a game of fetch where I would put an empty shoe by my feet and throw a hair tie, she would get it and put it in the shoe. laugh out loud

I wish I had some good advice about the eating/chewing. Plastic bags and Q-Tips seem to be pretty common things for cats to enjoy chewing, but if it's making her sick then it's definitely a problem. There is a condition called pica that drives cats to eat or chew inedible things. We've had friends here on Catster whose kitties had some success with psychiatric medication for pica. Did your vet talk about meds at all?

Good luck! Keep us posted! hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Jan 9 3:59 pm

Cat Health > How do you know it is time?

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Mon Dec 29, '14 10:11pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Furman's health issues.

I would say that the fact that he's still eating and drinking well and he's still active is a positive sign. It's hard to say if the changes you're noticing are due to discomfort from his illnesses, normal aging or even side effects of his medications.

When it's ultimately time to let go is really something that can only be decided between you and Furman. I do believe that they have a way of letting us know when they're ready, and you're the only one who knows him well enough to understand.

It's all we can do as humans is to listen to what they're telling us and try not to second guess ourselves. Whatever decision you make, I am sure it will be the right one because it will be made out of love.

Sending purrs. Keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Jan 16 6:17 pm

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Dec 26, '14 10:20pm PST 
*joins Apollo in the front seat*

Can I be the co-pilot? little angel

» There has since been 1221 posts. Last posting by Zoe, Fri 10:59 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw food and leaving the cats home for a day

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Tue Dec 23, '14 2:28pm PST 
You can get an automatic feeder with an ice pack to keep the food cool and prevent spoilage. We've used the Cat Mate C-20 auto feeder and it worked well for us. It has two compartments for food and comes with an ice pack.

Cat Mate C-20 at Pet Mountain

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Jan 6 9:04 pm

Cat Health > Old, slow and fat - when is it time?

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sun Dec 21, '14 12:42am PST 
When to let go is really a decision that can only be made between you and Amos. You know him better than anyone, so you can best tell when he's uncomfortable. I do believe that our kitties have ways to let us know when they're ready, and it's all we can do to listen to what they're telling us and try not to second guess ourselves.

I do think that Amos would benefit from losing some weight to reduce the stress on his joints. A lot of kitties will lose weight when put on a diet of all wet food. Since older kitties often have declining kidney function, a wet diet has the added bonus of helping them stay hydrated.

The hunger and yowling can be symptoms of issues like diabetes or hyperthyroidism. I'm glad that Amos will be getting his blood work done soon. I find it surprising that the vet still has him on an annual check up, though. By the time the cats in our family reached 14 or 15, our vets always wanted updated blood work every six months.

I sent you an invitation to join a Catster group called "Olde Furts." It's a great resource for older kitties.

Sending purrs for sweet Amos! Please keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Dec 21 12:42 am

Cat Health > HELP!!!! Cat spay!! Seriously worrying.

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Thu Oct 30, '14 2:53pm PST 
Feline spaying is a routine procedure. Complications are rare. I would be more worried about not doing it.

Good luck! Keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Jan 8 8:48 am

Cat Health > Arthritis Lameness, Heart Arrythmia and Kidney failure

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sat Oct 18, '14 10:20pm PST 
Hi Sydney Romeo! big hug

Our family hasn't had a lot of experience with the things you mention, but you might try a glucosamine supplement for your hips.

I'm sending you an invitation to the Olde Furts. There are lots of kitties there who will be able to give you good advice.
kitty

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Oct 18 10:20 pm

Cat Health > Older Cat Vomiting

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Wed Oct 1, '14 1:27am PST 
At her age, it could be kidney disease or hyperthyroidism. Those would both need to be diagnosed with blood tests. They are relatively treatable but she would need to be under the care of a vet.

You can try giving her 1/4 tablet of over the counter famotidine (Pepcid) every 12 hours, making sure it's the regular 10mg strength and not the extra strength or "complete" formulas. This should really only be done under a vet's supervision, but it could at least help the nausea while you find a way to get her to the vet.

There are some resources for pet guardians who need help with vet bills on this thread: http://www.catster.com/forums/Cat_Health/thread/384051

I'm also sending you an invitation to join a Catster group called "Olde Furts," whose members are very helpful and supportive to cat purrents who are taking care of an older kitty.

Sending purrs! hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Oct 1 1:27 am

(Page 1 of 948: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.