Postings by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12)

GO!

(Page 1 of 945: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV
Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 10:10pm PST 
*sits in the front seat with Apollo* big hug

» There has since been 538 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 8:07pm PST 
Aww, bye Fee, Gysmo, Kohl and Mia*
hughughughug
Sleep sweet and have beautiful dreams!

» There has since been 629 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 7:30pm PST 
It's so good to see you all again! I'm so glad you came! hug

» There has since been 674 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 7:19pm PST 
I like your thinking, A-Migos!
*takes a spot with the A-Team, Gysmo and Lady Fee* hug

» There has since been 693 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

Cat Health > Seizures in Hyperthyroid Senior

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Wed Feb 12, '14 12:10pm PST 
Bea began having seizures near the end of her life. She was 18.5 years old, hyperthyroid and took methimazole for it. She also had IBD and allergies that she was taking prednisolone, famotidine and metronidazole for, and she'd been newly diagnosed with congestive heart failure and had begun taking furosemide.

The vet never did determine the exact cause of her seizures. She suspected that she may have had a stroke as a result of the CHF, but I suppose it could also have been a side effect of one of the medications. In the meantime, though, she'd become extremely weak and stopped eating and we made the decision to let her go.

I know that isn't very helpful, but I did want to say that you're not alone.
Sending purrs for you, sweet Spooky Boo! Please keep us posted!
hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Feb 12 12:10 pm

Cat Health > Cat Kidney disease - advice please urgently!

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sat Dec 21, '13 2:21pm PST 
Did your vet say whether it's chronic or acute kidney failure?

Chronic kidney disease happens most often in elderly cats as a consequence of aging, and some kitties decline very quickly while many others can live with the condition for years if they get proper treatment.

Acute kidney failure happens a lot when cats eat or drink something toxic like lilies or antifreeze, or brought on by infection. In those cases, if the kitty survives the initial poisoning or infection, they can recover but only if their kidneys aren't severely damaged.

The fact that your kitty isn't eating, having trouble breathing and that your vet has already recommended euthanasia don't make your kitty's situation sound very hopeful, though. Of course, you are the only one who knows her well enough to determine if she's ready to go or not. I know that, whichever route you choose, your choice will be the right one because it will be made out of love.

Sending purrs to you and your kitty. Please keep us posted.

hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Dec 21 2:21 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Grief intense my Heart broken

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Mon Dec 9, '13 9:34pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!

It sounds to me like you gave your sweet kitty a long and happy life and did everything possible to keep him healthy. All kitties should be so lucky!

The end can come slowly and gradually, or quickly and unexpected, but it does come no matter how hard we try to delay it. cry

It's so heartbreaking to lose a furbaby because of the special love we share with them, but that love will always be a part of you and will continue to live and grow as you share your love with others. It's that love that makes all the pain worthwhile.

Sending purrs to you and your sweet Austin Valentino. hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Dec 9 9:34 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 10:47pm PST 
big hugIsisbig hug

» There has since been 1962 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 10:43pm PST 
*settles into the front seat, next to Aragorn* big hug

» There has since been 1967 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 10:24pm PST 
*joins the hug*
hughughughug

» There has since been 1976 posts. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Fri 10:23 pm

(Page 1 of 945: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.