Postings by ZOEY

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Food & Nutrition > Does anyone have info on EVO\'s lawsuit?
ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:41pm PST 
Yep we got our check also.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ZOEY, Jun 20 7:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > Merlin yew thayah!
ZOEY

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 2:52pm PST 
wave Hi!!

We also emailed the company about the calories in the Chicken Pumpkin Samba. Mom noticed that they recommended 1 can for a 10lb cat. And this is only a 2.8 oz can. Mom just heard back from them so a fast response which is a good sign.

"Thank you for contacting Against The Grain Pet Foods and for your interest in our fine pet foods. The Chicken and Pumpkin Samba for cats 2.8oz can has 252 Kcals per can. We are currently updating our website to this information.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself at anytime.

Sincerely,

Brett Sher
ATG Pet Food"

That is alot of calories for a small can! Sounds tasty but too many calories for us. We don't even eat that many in one day!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Dec 21 11:33 am

Behavior & Training > Space sharing issues

ZOEY

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '12 6:51am PST 
Cats sure like routine and Slyvy doesn't seem to like the new one. I think she wants you all to herself. Angel Rocky Ann was like that with me. She hissed at my husband all the time. But at night sleeping she was fine in bed with us but did sleep on the end by me so I was in the middle.

Who feeds Slyvy? If it is you, you could have your boyfriend start feeding her in the morning so then she might be nicer to him the night before. It might be worth trying a Feliway Comfort Zone® Plug-In in that room to try to relax her. You can get them on amazon or any pet store.

Hope others have some more ideas for you. Good luck!!!

big hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 7 11:01 am

Cat Health > Shots for Indoor Cats

ZOEY

Purred: Sun Sep 16, '12 1:09pm PST 
Angel Sasafrace thanks for jumping into this discussion. Really appreciate what you have to say being that your Mom has experience seeing the problems with the vaccinations first hand.

I was reading that a lot of Vets don't believe in vaccinating their own cats.

And that many vets use fear and the bat stories in order to get parents to do the rabies vaccinations. Our vet used that too. They try to make you feel like a bad pawrent if you don't vaccinate.

I hope pawrents that do vaccinate for the rabies listen to your advice on the safer vaccination. It is good for pawrents to go into their vet appointments with as much knowledge and info as possible.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 9:26pm PST 
Sonny if you have gotten a bat in your house, then it is smart for you to get the rabies shot. Some people also don't have a choice if it is law in their county.

Alot of states will just let you quaranteen your cats in your own home to keep an eye on them unless they got outside and got bit by a raccoon or such animal. They are even thinking that the rabies shot might last longer than the 3 years so hopefully someday in the future they will be giving them less often too.

The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) is revising Feline Vaccination Guidelines this year. Not sure when the new guidelines will be coming out.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 9:15pm PST 
Vaccination by Jean Hofve, DVM

I think good for our pawrents to read up as much as possible on this subject and not just take our vets word that all cats need vaccinations. It is a good part of their business for their cat patients to come back every year or 3 years for their vaccinations. Mom questions everything these days!

And again, every cat pawrent has to do what they think is best for their own individual cat. We won't all agree on this.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 9:02pm PST 
wave I agree about keeping kitties indoors and there is not much risk at all.

I just think there is more risk to giving the shots than benefits.

Here is another good read:
Information on Feline Vaccination Dangers and Concerns By Michelle T. Bernard, Author of Raising Cats Naturally

If one chooses to vaccinate their cat against rabies or it is a law in your county... right now ALL 3yr rabies vaccines are adjuvanted. MOST 1yr rabies vaccines are also adjuvanted. As of right now there is only ONE rabies vaccine that is non-adjuvanted (merial’s purevax rabies). it is for cats only and it is currently only approved for 1 yr. I am reading that this Purevax shot seems to be safer than the others.

Vets know there is a problem with the vaccinations and that is why they are now giving the shots on their lower leg so that if a cancerous tumor does develop, they can amputate the leg!

Our human brother has a doggie that just had one of his legs amputated because of some kind of cancer in that leg. Scary!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 8:52pm PST 
This is a good read on the subject of vaccinations:

Vaccines for Cats: We Need to Stop Overvaccinating by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 8:22pm PST 
partyparty

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TOAST!!!!!

partypartyparty
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

ZOEY

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 8:21pm PST 
Hi Toast!

This is a subject that is very interesting to Mommy and she has been trying to read up on it as much as possible. We did get our kitten shots and our one year shots but Mom has decided that there will be no more vaccinations after that. She has read a lot online about how our cats are being over vaccinated. (you can google that). And that if the kitten shots are done, might be giving them immunity for life. There are some scary things that might be happening because of all these vaccinations (including cancer and kidney disease) that our kitties might not even need. So no more boosters for us.

Also Mom was pissed because when she last went to our feline only vet for our one year shots she questioned the vet and was thinking about not doing the shots right then. My vet told us that it was law that we have to have the rabies. So he gave us the booster plus the rabies and we felt like crap. Limping, not eating, nauseous. Found out you aren't suppose to give both at the same time. AND Mom contacted our county and there is no law that says cats have to have rabies shots. I am reading that this quite common for vets to do this. So always double check with your county on the true law.

We are strictly indoor kitties. Do not come into contact with any other cats or dogs. And the chance of a bat ever getting into our house is practically 0. Mom thinks she is making the best decision for our health and everyone has to make the best decision for their own pets and own circumstances.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Toast, Sep 17 10:14 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.