Postings by Ashlynne

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Looking for other Fairbanks Farm Abys
Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Tue Feb 18, '14 10:47am PST 
If your human is on Facebook, there are no doubt some groups for Abys. You would probably find some others from Fairbanks Farms there, and there might even be a Facebook page for the rescue group that took the Abys when the breeder died. Otherwise, you could search through all the Aby's on Catster, looking at their bios to see if Fairbanks Farms is mentioned (a longshot, admittedly). Our mom found one of Beepers' daughters that way.

In Facebook Burmese groups, our mom found descendants of both Beepers and me -- descendants that aren't shown in the official Burmese registry database because they're 'pets' and their family never registered them. In one case, Mom 'guessed' that some cats might be related to us, based on the family's location, so she wrote to the people and asked. Fortunately, the people didn't think Mom was some nutcase and they answered -- and together they tracked down the lineage.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Feb 18 5:34 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > View Milo's video!!
Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Dec 30, '13 6:00pm PST 
I couldn't get to the video, either. Do you possibly have it set as "private"?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Milo, Jan 3 8:31 am

Cat Health > Pancreatitis Side Effect or Getting Old?

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Wed Dec 18, '13 4:51pm PST 
I don't know if having had pancreatitis could cause her to drink more, but it seems odd that if it did, it would take that long, from summer until now. I'd be concerned about an infection, hyperthyroidism, diabetes or kidney disease, any of which could cause a cat to drink more. There are, no doubt, other reasons a cat would drink more, too. With the litter box changes and the extra water consumption, I'd get her to the vet sooner rather than later.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tequila, Jan 14 1:51 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Owning Cats Can Inflict Permanent Damage To Mental Health But Nobody Bothered To Warn Us.

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 6:51am PST 
big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Nov 30 6:51 am

Food & Nutrition > 15% off @ Petsmart Sept. 19-22

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 8:18pm PST 
Thanks Cookie!

flowers
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 19 8:18 pm

Cat Health > Fractured Leg
Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 11:06am PST 
A few more things I thought of:

If the room has a windowsill, Binx might try to jump up on that when he starts feeling a little better. I had to keep the curtains closed in Ashlynne's room so she wouldn't try to jump onto the windowsill. I had cat steps that I could have used so she could look out the window, but I didn't trust her not to jump down off the top of the steps or the windowsill -- it's the jumping down that's the worst.

I also had a nice big round scratching post in the room for her, but the little dickens tried to climb it. She was clawing her way to the top! So I had to remove it and let her have only scratchers that were flat on the floor.

I know neither of those will make it more comfortable for Binx, but you don't want him to re-injure himself.

As far as eating, a flat plate worked best for Ashlynne while she had the e-collar. Binx will probably get the hang of eating with an e-collar quickly. You might be able to take it off while he eats, but watch him to make sure he doesn't go for the stitches. He may need you to help clean his face after he eats, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Binx, Sep 11 8:40 am

Cat Health > Fractured Leg

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 7:48am PST 
I've had similar 'isolation' situations a couple of times. To make it easier on myself when in the empty room with the cat, I put a mattress (or air mattress) on the floor so I could sit or lie on it. Definitely check with the vet to make sure, but the height of a mattress is probably not great enough that it would bother if Binx stepped on and off of it (Binx cat might need a few days healing first). It made it much more comfortable for me, so I could stay in the room longer and keep them company. I could sleep there at night, too. I slept on the mattress for 3 weeks with Ashlynne after she had her eye removed (she was not supposed to jump, either).

With Ashlynne, I also had a large carrier/crate, so that I could put her in that and take her out of the room when I needed to clean it. It gave her a chance for a change of scenery, too.

Purrs for both of you. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Binx, Sep 11 8:40 am

Cat Health > Shivering

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sat Jun 29, '13 7:58am PST 
Can your mommy get a video of you shivering, to show to the vet?

EDITED to add:

My mom has taken videos in to show the vet (on a laptop or on a cell phone), if we had an appointment. But, she has also posted a short video online to someplace like Flickr or Photobucket and then emailed a link to the vet so they could watch it when they had a spare minute -- if we weren't going in for an appointment right then.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 11:42 pm

Cat Health > Constipated Kitty - help!

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sat Mar 23, '13 8:43pm PST 
I had a cat who had all her teeth removed, and she did not drink water for a few days afterward. She, too, was eating (canned food only), but did not drink. The vet said not to worry too much about it for the first few days, as long as she was eating okay -- and she did finally start drinking water again.

You could add a little water to his canned food, so he gets some more water that way.

Just like with humans, the anesthesia and pain medications can make it hard to get things moooving again after a surgery. You could give him a little bit of plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just plain pumpkin), if he'll eat it, or you could mix some in his food. It's good for both diarrhea and constipation. Here are suggestions for starting amount: Treatments for Constipation

I wouldn't withhold the pain medication if he still has pain.

I hope Parker's back to his regular self soon. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Mar 25 4:16 pm

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism and borderline kidney disease
Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Thu Mar 14, '13 8:53am PST 
Goose, I'm sorry that no one has responded to your question, either here or in Olde Furts. frown

It's the phosphorus content in the food that should be kept low for kidney disease. I did a 'quick search' of these forums using only the term "phosphorus" and came up with several posts that have helpful information and references (to other websites). There were links to charts that give the phosphorus content of various foods.

I picked out one fairly recent thread from my 'quick search' with good information that may help:
Kidney Disease

There were several other pages of posts about "phosphorus", too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jacks, Mar 23 6:48 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.