GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Paid for subscripton
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '14 9:49am PST 
*munches post*

Due to the "disappearing posts" problem, I didn't see an answer had already been given. way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Maneki Neko & Life of "Pi", Aug 3 7:06 am

Food & Nutrition > Food Bowls
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Fri Nov 1, '13 8:15am PST 
Similar to Brownie's solution, I use human dishes. I don't use pet food dishes made in China because I don't trust them to be lead free and safe. I don't trust the stainless steel that comes from China, either. I think there is probably more oversight for human dishes from China, so I might feed from human dishes made in China if I had to.

But there are dishes made in the US -- Fiesta Ware is one. (Some Corning is made in US, some is made in China.) Fiesta makes a 'fruit' dish that works well for my cats: Fiesta Ware fruit dish

They're a bit costly to buy a lot of them at once, but I added a few at a time until I have enough to last at least 2 days, 3 to 4 meals per cat per day. They stack well and don't take up a lot of room in the cupboard.

I set the Fiesta Ware dish inside a larger cutesy 'pet food' dish, which elevates it. I only need one decorative pet food dish for each cat, swapping out the little Fiesta Ware dish with each meal. The cats occasionally push some food out of the dish but not too bad.

They're also sold on Amazon: Fiesta Ware fruit dish and in many department stores. I buy them in a department store (Macy's, Penney's) when there's a sale or a store coupon.

Here's a photo of Beepers eating:
Beepers eating from Fiesta Ware fruit bowl, elevated by decorative pet food dish
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Nov 1 8:15 am

Cat Health > Kitten tested positive for feline leukemia

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Aug 22, '13 10:43am PST 
Storm, here are 'clickable' links for those that Sable gave. Catster always inserts spaces into URL's, that's why the other URL's didn't work.

http://bestfriends.org/Resources/Pet-Care/Cats/Health-And-Care/FAQs-About-FeLV/

http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/health/felv-fiv.html
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Aug 22 10:43 am

Catster Local > Testing for HQ

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Sat Jul 27, '13 8:11pm PST 
We're already friends, I think, but I sent you another friend request.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Jul 27 8:11 pm

Cat Health > Imo having labored breathing

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Sun Jun 9, '13 9:24am PST 
I don't know what you can do about the fluid yourself, if that's what's causing Imo's labored breathing, but I'd call the phone number of every vet office in the area and see if there is one who at least takes messages for emergencies. Hopefully there is one who will call you back with advice what to do temporarily or might even open their office for an emergency.

Hope you find some help. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 9:59 am

Cat Health > Metacam....Yes? No? No 'knee-jerk' reactions, please...!!!
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Apr 18, '13 7:58am PST 
Jan, for what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing for the right reasons, for Lillian. If that's the only thing that helps her and if she had a painful existence otherwise, then what other choice is there?

I had a small discussion with one of our vets about Metacam, when he once mentioned it as a possibility to consider using for Beepers' arthritis -- the same reason you're using it. This vet received board certification in feline medicine by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (AVBP-feline) and currently serves as chairperson of the research committee for the American Association of Feline Practitioners.

He feels the problems with Metacam were likely because of misuse, especially using too high a dose, and he thinks it's safe when used properly and with caution. I didn't yet read the entire article that Merlin posted the link to, but I think that's saying about the same thing.

We are not using Metacam for Beepers, since his arthritis does not seem that painful for him yet and there are other alternatives to try first. If it came down to Metacam being the only thing that helped, though, I'd use it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Apr 18 7:58 am

Other Meows & Purrs > COOLEST NAMES

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 8:43pm PST 
Beepers is my nickname. It was derived in a roundabout way from my official 'registered' name of 'Meet Joe Black.' That's a movie starring Brad Pitt, and I was called BP - for Brad Pitt - for a while. Then I moved to a different home/owner -- she changed BP to Beepers. When I was adopted again after that, my (current) mom and dad liked the name Beepers, so they continue to call me that.

I don't know why my original owners (breeders) named me Meet Joe Black. shrug

Beep, how did you get your name?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 16 5:13 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > COOLEST NAMES

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Feb 28, '13 6:42pm PST 
wave Hi Cinni! wave     You have one of the coolest names ever!

I think mine is cool, too:

Beepers
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 16 5:13 pm

Cat Health > Cat's unknown type dry heaving...????

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '13 9:18am PST 
Your description does sound like reverse sneezing. Our cat Scooter had episodes of reverse sneezing. At the time, I didn't know what it was, so I took video of her during an episode and showed it to the vet. The vet said it was reverse sneezing.

Then last year I thought Beepers was coughing occasionally but I wasn't sure it was a cough. I took video and the vet confirmed it was a cough. (Beepers had chest x-rays and blood tests to see whether it might be asthma - it turned out to be bronchitis and it cleared up on its own.)

So if you can get some video, it could help the vet diagnose.

Here is a link to video of Scooter 'reverse sneezing' (it may be slow to load):
Scooter reverse sneezing (at age 18)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Feb 19 9:18 am

Senior Cats > how can people just throw a cat away b/c they are old
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 10:08pm PST 
I don't know how people can do that, but maybe there was some good reason they could no longer take care of you. frown Congratulations on your new home, though, and best of luck on your trip! My mom got to help a kitty get to her new home on the Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network last summer. We'll keep track of your trip this weekend.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by ♔Jeepurrs Creepurrs♔, Feb 18 7:23 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.