Postings by Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09)

GO!

(Page 1 of 180: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > PLEASE HELP! Cat won't pee in litter box but will poop! please help!!!
Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Tue Nov 11, '14 7:23pm PST 
Has she been to the vet about this problem? You want to make sure that she doesn't have a UTI or urinary crystals before you treat it as strictly behavioral.

Keep us posted! hug

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ellie Kettel, Nov 12 2:00 pm

Cat Health > acts like shes going to throw up, then doesn't?!

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sun Oct 5, '14 7:01pm PST 
I'd definitely get her checked by the vet. Arthur once started having gagging and dry heaves, so I gave him hairball medicine thinking it would help, but instead he got worse. When I rushed him to the emergency vet, it turned out that he had a kidney infection.

Sending purrs, hopefully it's not serious! Keep us posted! hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09), Oct 5 7:01 pm

Cat Health > Black spots on nose and mouth

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sun Aug 3, '14 2:45pm PST 
Here is a pretty good article about feline acne:
Feline Acne - Causes, Symptoms and Treatmentway to go

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sammie, Aug 3 5:16 pm

Cat Health > Black spots on nose and mouth

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sun Aug 3, '14 10:32am PST 
The spots on his chin and cheeks look like feline acne. Your vet can prescribe some antibacterial wash and ointments that can help clear it up (don't use human acne products!).

If you're feeding with plastic dishes, you'll need to switch to glass, stainless steel or ceramic because plastic can harbor bacteria that are transferred onto the skin during eating. Arthur had feline acne when he was young that disappeared completely once I switched to glass food dishes!

I'm more concerned about the spot on his nose, though. Has he always had that? Have you had the vet check it out?

Good luck! Keep us posted! kitty

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sammie, Aug 3 5:16 pm

Behavior & Training > Am I abusing my kitty?

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri May 9, '14 2:00pm PST 
The person who said it's cruel to take your kitty for walks is crazy. Of course, she'd be right if Arwen were terrified and you were dragging her around by a leash against her will, but since she's enjoying them there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking her out.

Arthur loved going for walks, too. Near the end of his life when his health was declining, our walks became especially important because they seemed to stimulate his appetite and keep him mobile in ways that nothing else could. It also made for special quality time that we were able to spend together before he was gone.

It sounds like you're taking all necessary steps to make sure that Arwen stays safe. I say, as long as you're both enjoying your walks, keep it up! way to go

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Iba, May 29 11:28 am

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 7:38pm PST 
*follows Lady Fee onto the trampoline and up to the chandelier...BOING*
Pinkish-peach cats swinging on the chandelier! laugh out loud

» There has since been 2418 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 10:30 pm

What I Love About Catster > The Late Late Show - Act IV

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 7:25pm PST 
*joins Bea, Gysmo, Fee, the A-Team and Kenji*
Happy Everycat's Birthday, to all my fellow angel kits!
hughughughughug

» There has since been 2432 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Fri 10:30 pm

Cat Health > Not blocked post-obstruction, but still having trouble with urination?

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Wed Feb 12, '14 1:11pm PST 
Hope you're doing OK, Milo! Still sending purrs! hug

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Goose, Feb 20 8:23 am

Cat Health > Not blocked post-obstruction, but still having trouble with urination?

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri Jan 24, '14 7:46am PST 
I don't have any first-hand experience with this issue, but from what I've heard from people who have and from what I've read, some inflammation, bleeding, straining and leakage is to be expected after an episode like this. The fact that he's eating and drinking OK is a good sign.

Did the vet give you any medicine for pain or inflammation? Did he suggest subcutaneous fluids to keep Simon flushed out? These are some things to talk about if he hasn't already.

I hope Simon feels better soon! Sending purrs! Please keep us posted. hug

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Goose, Feb 20 8:23 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My 9 year old boy has aggressive cancer, lymphoma

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 5:12pm PST 
Arthur had intestinal lymphoma, and we were able to keep him comfortable for about a year with prednisolone until the illness got to the point where we had to let him go.

How long a kitty can get by with the medicine depends on the progression of the disease itself, so it depends on the individual. It can definitely help though, and I don't think there's a general time limit on treatment.

Sending love and purrs your way...please keep us posted on sweet Cosmo!
hug

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09), Jan 4 5:12 pm

(Page 1 of 180: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.