Postings by SYDNEY

GO!

Get Well Soon > I THINK WE DODGED THE BULLET

SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Thu Nov 26, '09 8:57am PST 
Just wanted everyone to know that Sydney is almost his old self. Still dont know what was wrong but he is eating, drinking and socializing again. This time luck smiled on us. I didnt have to come home with an empty cat carrier.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sylvester (forever in my heart, Jan 14 11:20 am

Get Well Soon > Somone is Hurting Me and My Family
SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Thu Nov 26, '09 8:54am PST 
Please put your friends first. If you believe their lives are worth something then put your own feelings aside and do whats best for them. If your living situation does not allow you to give them what they need or deserve please love them enough to find them a home where they can thrive. People are mean especially to animals they feel are on their property. I have encountered people who believe that animals are expendable. Call your local adopt a pet or a rescue but please do something before its too late.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Michelle, Feb 27 12:41 pm

Get Well Soon > The Get Well Purr List

SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Mon Nov 23, '09 5:00pm PST 
Thank you for the prayers and good wishs. Sydney finally walked out last night and got a drink. He also ate this morning with the other hairy kids. Two more days of antibiotics and hopefully we are out of the woods. Thanks for everything we'll keep you posted.
[notify]

» There has since been 612 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Cat Health > Need help with vet bills?

SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Mon Nov 23, '09 4:53pm PST 
If I knew there were resources out there like this, I would have my friend buddy with me still. My Buddy became sick befre Christmass a couple of years ago. I took him to the vet on Saturday because he had noticible simptoms of a Urinary trac infection. My worst fears were confirmed. I was sent home with some antibiotics and told to take him to the emergency care clinic if he became worse. He went from peeing in small amounts to not going at all. I took him to the emergency care clinc and was told he had a blockage and without surgery could only survive another 24 hours. The surigcal bill was around $900. There was no one that feels the way I do about my friends to lend me the money and I couldnt bear to see Buddy in pain so I made one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make and that was to say good bye to my friend and companion. It seems like every time I have to take one of my friends into the vet under similar circumstances I end up saying good bye to them. I find it very hard to believe that any veteraniarian in good conscience can think that euthanasia is an alternative to compasion. I asked them if they would consider a payment plan and they flat out said no. And then on Monay when I called my vets office they said I should have waited until Monday and they wold have worked something out with me. I am a single working woman taking in pets that others felt were desposable and had no worth when they outgrew their cuteness or became too much trouble to care for. Sometimes I dont get groceries for myself if my hairy kids need something. I live from paycheck to paycheck. Sure my bills are paid but there is not much left over for emergencies. I commend anyone that thinks that money should not be the reason that a family friend should have to give up their life and another pet mother should have to go ome with an empty carrying case that once held er best friend and a heart so broken it feels like it will never mend. You are angels without wings.
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Midnight Helen -- In Memory, Aug 31 6:25 pm

Get Well Soon > prayers for Sydney please.

SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Sun Nov 22, '09 5:06pm PST 
Thank you for the prayers and suggestions. Its been a bad pet week end for us. Got home from work Friday and found out my iguana died, and also that Sdney was sick. Tried the antibiotic and the pain reliever this morning, got more on Sydney than in him. Fever was up a little this afternoon. He is still sleeping a lot. I did get him to eat a little bit but he hasnt used the bathroom. My son n law helped with the second dose of antibiotic this evening and the fever came back down. Son n law said one of the meds supresses the appetite for food or drink and he will go to the bathroom when he needs to. I know the fever indicates there is something going on but I'm wondering if he is upset that daughter & son n law moved in temporarily on Thursday and there has been noise and commotion since. He didnt react like that last time they were here for three weeks tho. I can only hope that with the fever staying down things arent getting worse, but he just isnt himself and that concerns me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Nov 22 5:59 pm

Get Well Soon > prayers for Sydney please.
SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Sat Nov 21, '09 3:03pm PST 
Sydney becme sick yesterday. We are not sure what is wrong but fighting it with antibiotics and pain reliever and fever reducer. he has no appetite and for a 16 pound cat that is unusual. The vet gave us enough of the meds to take us to Wednesday. The fever came down and he spent some time with me this afternoon. Getting water into him is a fight for both of us. Keep Sydney in your thoughts and prayers and we will keep you posted.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Nov 22 5:59 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.