Postings by Mary

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > ground vs. not
Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Tue Jan 5, '10 2:04am PST 
I feed ground with large chunks in it. I also give necks but no one but one kitty will even go close. I am considering going to chunks only so that I can go to really big chunks.
I am not ready for mice. I don't think that day will ever come.

As for Taurine. I have heard two camps. One that it is the freezing not the grinding. One that the grinding. I am not sure. I add a capsule of Taurine to their food a few times a week just to be sure.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jan 16 5:05 am

Cat Health > What are the L-lysine side effects?
Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Dec 19, '09 11:41am PST 
Lysine should not cause vomiting since it is an amino acid. I would not assume it is the lysine from one bout of vomiting. If the vomiting stops and then you gave it again and the vomiting resumes then you have a cause to think it is the lysine.
My vet thinks that this is a very very remote issue but stranger things have happened.
Lysine is good for them so I would try to figure out if it really is the lysine or if it is something else entirely. You don't want to think it is the lysine when really it is something else that needs attention ASAP.

I also want to add that Science is an awful brand and a sham. It is full of bad stuff.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 3 12:09 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Zoey's Very Merry Rescue Story

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Dec 19, '09 11:06am PST 
I foster and it is for this very reason. I want all of my temporary babies to find a loving home where they are treated special.
I have a bond with every cat that ends up with me for good. I have a big family because of it.
However, there is one cat is bonded with me in a special way and that is Mary. She saw me through cancer and I saw her through distemper. We both could have died. I believe her will to live had to do with me. I saw it in her eyes. I had been away when she fell ill and was going downhill fast. I flew back and when she saw me she started rallying and beat the odds.
She communicates with me in a way none of the other cats do.
There have been other hardships and she always comforts me. She seems to understand when someone needs comfort. She does it with my daughter too.

I love your story and I am so happy that you and Zoey found each other.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mary, Dec 19 11:06 am

Plus Power of the Paw > We need some POTP-Renzo

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '09 3:35am PST 
My baby Renzo is not doing well. I am not sure what is wrong but I know something is not right.
He has been hiding and hissing at the other cats. He nibbled some food but today he barely touched anything.
Renzo is my special needs boy and was born very very small. The vet was skeptical about him living a long time but I never thought he would get sick so soon. I figured maybe when was a lot older.
I am really really scared. The last cat I had that hid had FIP and that was so devastating. I know I could be over reacting but the hiding scares me.
Please if you could spare some thoughts and purrs I would appreciate it.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mignonette, Dec 21 9:54 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help trapping a stray cat

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Dec 5, '09 5:05am PST 
I used to act like lunatic about the carrier when I was younger but Mommy found one that I can see out of and I felt better about being in it. She also used the get used to the carrier technique and it worked.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Wolfie, Dec 11 10:01 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Marat and Beckett's story
Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sun Nov 29, '09 9:54am PST 
I named them and thanks for the compliment.smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mary, Nov 29 9:54 am

Cat Health > Need help with vet bills?

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Nov 28, '09 4:32pm PST 
Oh how tragic.
It hurts my heart to think that finances should keep an animal lover without a furry friend.
My goal is to set up an organization for just that issue. I hope to have it up and running in a year. No one should have to experience what you did with Buddy.
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Midnight Helen -- In Memory, Aug 31 6:25 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > help?

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Nov 28, '09 3:08pm PST 
The people don't want them now? Wow. That is so sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13, Nov 28 6:41 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Helping stray cat and kitten

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Fri Nov 27, '09 9:13am PST 
Do you have an estimate as to the age of the kitten? The reason I am asking is because I caught 2 semi feral kittens at 5 weeks by putting smelly wet food out. They could not resist because they were hungry too.
I would bet that the kittens are close by under somewhere. If you can gain her trust she may bring them to you.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by TIA SYDIBIL, Sep 13 8:32 am

Behavior & Training > this cat is driving me up the wall!
Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Thu Nov 26, '09 11:41pm PST 
Meowmy says
I am so sorry that you had to experience that. There is absolutely no shame in rehoming when it is done for the right reasons in my opinion. When it gets to the point where it got with Genie then you have no choice really. It was not a situation where she had some problem behaviors and the rest was fine. Your other cats were suffering and exhibiting signs of deep distress. They deserved to be happy too. You, your resident cats and Genie are all victims of that horrible breeder.
Mary is my half bengal and even though she is half she exhibits some of the behaviors. When she was younger her berserk energy was tiring at times, her desire to eat off my plate and the wildness of her were different. BUT she is half Burmese which totally tames her and gives her sweetness and makes her love to be in my lap.

I always wanted a pure bred cat to experience what it would be like but outside of a few of them I think I will pass. Having a mixed breed is the next best thing because you get some of the breed but less of the breed related problems.

I allowed Meowmy to write the above because she promised to say something nice.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Colin, Nov 30 9:12 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.