Postings by Precious Kit-Kit

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food
Precious- Kit-Kit

If it dont- crunch get it- off my food-mat

Purred: Sun Apr 19, '15 6:23pm PST 
I'd like to add that I have dried putting some of the 'gravy' from the wet food on her dry food and wont touch it. So any tips/advice would be greatfully appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Mon 5:01 am

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food
Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Sun Apr 19, '15 6:10pm PST 
I need some advice. I have used catinfo.org to try to transition my nearly 6 year old cat from dry food to wet food. It has to be done as she has crystals in her urine. So for about two years now we have done what I call limited free feeding - gets 1/2 a cup of kibble int he morning and that is it. She eats it all by the next morning and I give her another 1/2 cup. So I pulled up her dry food Thursday night and put down a 3 oz can of wet food. She did not touch it. Friday morning came and I put a new 3 oz can of food down for her and I went to work. I came home and she had not touched it. Now its at the 24 hour mark and she has not eaten a thing. So I caved and gave her just under a 1/4 cup of kibble Friday night for a few hours and pulled what she didn't eat. Saturday morning I put down another can of wet food, and Saturday night. Sunday morning, again more than 24 hours, she still had not touched the wet food. I am not sure what to do since she can go 24 hours without touching her food and the catinfo.org article and my vet said to not go longer than 24 hours with out her eating. Any tips??
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Mon 5:01 am

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Sun Apr 19, '15 5:51pm PST 
What level protein should I look for? Do you know of any brands/flavors that are grain free that have the right levels of fiber, protein, fat etc?? I am looking to feed her 2 3oz can each day. So if I have to balance it out with a high protein low fiber at one meal time and a low protein high fiber at another I can do that. At this point, I purchased EVERY flavor and brand grain free they had at my local PetValu - both can and pouch. There were a few they didn't have so those I may have to go up the pet store on Main St - if they don't have I know they'll order it for me. At this point I am really trying to get her off the dry food which I did try when I got her as a kitten (about 9 weeks old) and on to wet. KitKit is one stubborn cat - the techs at my Vet office even comment on how stubborn she is. Once I get her eating wet food I'm going to focus a lot more on all the items you listed (Fiber, fat, protein etc). Also, Do you think a second water fountain would make any difference?

PS Thanks for the advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '15 4:56pm PST 
One thing I forgot we did discuss putting her on an allergy med and giving her the Rx food - but the vet said to transition her to wet and it was okay to do this 'slowly'. Not months but if it takes up to a week its okay. That is why the follow up is in 3 weeks. Also, he said as she is female the risk of blockage is very low. And I have been scooping her box three times a day instead of once a day... so I am able to see how her much she is going and approximately when. Luckily I work very near to home so I come home on my lunch break and scoop the box. The vet does not think she has stones due to how small the crystals are. Also, he told me the type and I have forgotten and can not find it in my notes. I wrote down care instructions, warning signs, and such. I am going to look into a new fountain - see if there is one that is better for enticing drinking. I was also thinking of getting 2 - the one by her food dish and maybe another in the bedroom since she naps there often. Maybe if she did not have to go as far she would drink more??? I mean we live in a 1000 sq ft apartment so its not that far... but maybe.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '15 3:07pm PST 
We have a fountain - have for almost 5 years. we change the filter weekly. The vet gave us a powder that we mix in her food to try to disolve the crystals - we have a follow up in 3 weeks. If symptoms have not improved they will do xrays and go from there. rhe vet says we caught the crystals are very small. We are not doing the Rx food due to KitKit's allergies (grains being the worest).
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 6:39pm PST 
We are starting the transition to 100% wet food - she has some wet blue wilderness salmon down right now. She does not seem interested but I am going to leave it over night (as the article above says its okay to leave out for up to 12 hours). We have some powder from the vet that will help to dissolve the crystals. She has a follow up with the vet in 3 weeks to see how the crystals are doing. She seems to be doing a bit better today - still making frequent trips to the bathroom but she is cuddly again and purrs when petted. Though seems a bit more sleepy - but I know she was up a bit last night using the box... Thanks for the link I've read it twice and have saved it for future reference.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Wed Apr 15, '15 1:11pm PST 
UPDATE 2: Kitkit had blood and crystals in her urine. The vet gave her antibiotics for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) as that is most likely the source of the blood. He sent out a urine sample for more testing and I will have more answers tomorrow. And how we will treat the crystals .... I suspected she would develop crystals since she was a kitten - she refuses to eat anything other than kibble... from my research years ago I remember crystals usually occur when a cat does not get enough hydration - and KitKit wont eat wet food, tuna, chicken, no 'human' food, just dry cat food.... she also has a grain allergy .... any tips for preventing future UTI's and treating her crystals.... I'd love to hear them.... Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Wed Apr 15, '15 9:05am PST 
UPDATE: Kitkit is at the vet now. They are keeping her until she can give a urine sample. The vet said it would be about 2 hours. I will update once I know the test results.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Wed Apr 15, '15 5:58am PST 
Hi Everyone - KitKit is having a hard time using the litter box. She acted a bit odd going in and out of her box last night several times in a very short time. This morning while getting ready for work I saw her try 3 times to use her litter box.... with NO success. So I called the vet as soon as they opened (actually I tried a few minuets before and they answered) and she is going to the vet TODAY... however I am very worried and wondering if there is anything I can until her appointment in 2 hours to help her.... she ate all her food yesterday, and seems to have drank her normal amount of water and I saw her drink a bit this morning .... Thanks for any tips/advice and I will update after the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 8:57 pm

Cat Health > Cut on Ear
Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 6:05pm PST 
Thank you!!!! It did get swollen and we went to the vet for medicine. We ruled out fleas, ear mites, and ear infection. Other than a cut ear KitKit got a clean bill of health. She has been doing much better. The vet gave her a lovely pedicure so she can't scratch herself so badly again. But....... NOW, she has a red bump/cut on the other ear... So know we have to go back to the vet to see if she have allergies ... KiKit is a picky eater as it is...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Precious Kit-Kit, Jul 22 6:05 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.