Postings by Precious Kit-Kit

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues
Precious- Kit-Kit

If it dont- crunch get it- off my food-mat

Purred: Thu May 14, '15 6:16pm PST 
Hi All - Sorry for the delay. KitKit had her follow up on Friday and her urine test came back 'Perfect'. No blood, no infection, and no crystals!!! YAY! The vet did say she needs to get rechecked every 6 months and she will continue on the Ureze (unsure on the spelling). He was happy with the improvement and we have decided at this time to stick with the dry food and the ureze. She is now getting to be an 'older' cat (she will be 6 at the end of July)and as the medication is working and the Vet is happy with her urine we do not want to cause unnecessary stress. We have tried several different brands, flavors and texture of wet food to no avail. We have tried mixing her dry and wet in various levels of each to no avail. I went through this with her as a kitten as well and she just has an odd aversion to wet food. I have never seen a cat like her when it comes to wet food. However, we will monitor and keep up the medicine. I do apologize for stirring the pot on the wet food vs dry food debate. I did appreciate all the tips and advise and tried nearly all of them over the past month - just not the flora supplement. In the past month Kitkit has eaten NO wet food - against my wishes. However, she is better and the vet is happy with her results.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Cat Health > Ideal Room Temperature
Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Thu May 14, '15 5:44pm PST 
I found it on Amazon and at my local pet store. It is a bit large for just one cat (at 28 oz) - but it stays cold all day and she can lay next to it if she gets really hot. If they made something similar for a fountain water dish it would be even better.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 16 5:47 am

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Mon May 11, '15 5:21pm PST 
Thhank you! We are usually around 75-78 in the winter... but today it got to 85 in our space... which im okay with ... for water we have the frozenbowel (it has feezable core under the bowel) in addition to our fountain water dish for summer time (i do add ice to the fountain too) ...
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 16 5:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Fri May 8, '15 5:07pm PST 
We have tried different flavors and brands. I went to the local pet store (not a big box one) and bought two of every flavor in every brand that was grain free. She has a grain allergy. I don't like to feed too much fish either - I worry about the mercury and other pollutant levels. We have also tried the different textures - pate, cube, sliced, shredded, chunky, all of them that were available in grain free. Still no luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Fri May 8, '15 3:29pm PST 
Hi all - I have a general question. Now that it is warming up for spring/summer I wanted to know at what point should I turn on my A/C for the cat. I have always gone with the if its too hot/cold for me then its too hot/cold for any animal. However, this may not be the most accurate approach. So I was hoping someone in the community might now - What is the ideal room temperature for a cat? What is too cold? What is too hot? Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 16 5:47 am

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Fri May 8, '15 3:17pm PST 
Thank you for the response. I am sorry for the delayed reply. We had the follow up yesterday and I did not have much news. The vet said that since she refuses to eat wet food that giving her dry for now is fine - especially since she is getting the uriease (unsure on the spelling) when I put on top of her dry food. She had to stay over night to get a sample for the urinalysis so we will not have results til tomorrow morning. Hopefully the crystals are just gone, but if not smaller/less of them is step in the write direction. But the vet did not seem to upset about her still being on dry food, and seemed perplexed at her refusal to eat wet food - sadly she has been this way since she was a kitten. I had wanted her on a wet food diet at that age as I know the benefits (even a half and half wet/dry mixed diet). I will post an update once I have one. Thanks for the info thus far.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Thu Apr 23, '15 7:43pm PST 
We tried parm cheese - no luck. Tried a few bits of kibble - no luck. she is very stubborn - to say the least. I have even tried giving her pieces of plain chicken - hopping if she sees me eating she will know its food. Thanks for the tips! I think I sm going to try the cheese again. She did lick some off some pasta - thinking putting it on her dry food for a couple days then on the wet will help trick her.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '15 4:39pm PST 
I have not tried that. I have set 'meal' times with her dry and starting tonight we are going to sub in one wet meal (night time). Also, I recently learned she does like parm cheese and I may try putting that on the wet food. If both of these fail then next week I will get the flora. Can I get that at Petvalu? or the vet? Thank you smile
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '15 4:34pm PST 
At this point she wont eat any of the wet foods I have put down. I am really looking to switch her to wet to avoid the crystal issue. I have always fed her high protein based on the idea that in the wild she would hunt and eat pray (mouse, bird etc) that was nearly all protein. I have at least been able to get her meds in her with dry food. We have started 'meal' time with her dry food. And starting tonight will do one wet meal a day and one dry. If this doesn't work In the food & form they recommended flora to be added to entice her to eat it. So that is the next step.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Precious- Kit-Kit

Purred: Sun Apr 19, '15 6:23pm PST 
I'd like to add that I have dried putting some of the 'gravy' from the wet food on her dry food and wont touch it. So any tips/advice would be greatfully appreciated!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Shadow, May 22 9:27 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.