Postings by Celeste(2009-2012)

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Celeste

Celeste(2009- -2012)

Purred: Mon Dec 10, '12 1:51pm PST 
A cautionary tale that is not a tale; last night I jumped in the drier for the umpteenth and last time. To everykitty out there; please don't do that, it was an accident but it broke my peoples hearts and I was too young to leave this earth.rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Dec 15 9:06 am

Cat Health > 5 month old kitten limping? not moving? helpp
Celeste(2009- -2012)

Purred: Sat Feb 19, '11 8:52pm PST 
She could also have calici virus; they get stiff leg/s, listless, sleep all day and lay on their side. Five months is the typical age for calici. I do rescue and had had many kittens and one of my cats get it, they also get the sniffles but not always.
She needs to see a vet ASAP, even if she's better tomorrow b/c calici stays and can become chronic if not treated.
If she is not eating she needs at least fluids so go see a vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Boris, Feb 21 8:59 am

Behavior & Training > Befuddling Feral Behavior

Celeste(2009- -2012)

Purred: Mon Jan 17, '11 8:08pm PST 
Our mom, like Mohawks mom does rescue, She's seen much of what you describe in a wide range of feral, non feral strays. Kittens turn into velcro cats the sooner they have human attention but like Mohawk said at 3, 4 months their nature is already well set.
There are 3 'houseferals' with us, mom took them at 3 and 4 months because there was an epidemy at the colony, they were pretty sick but recovered, one did exactly what you describe,they will be six years old this year and still when they have to see the vet is high drama to catch them. Their feral behavior was already ingrained. Over the years mom took in feral kittens you'd never believe what sweeties they became but they were much younger and bonded with people.
Your kitten can modify his behavior overtime but it'll take years. Thank-you for taking him in
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tutu, Mar 29 6:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > Stop me before I adopt again...

Celeste(2009- -2012)

Purred: Sat Nov 21, '09 11:16pm PST 
RE feeding raw to a foster. It depends, if it is only you who is adopting out the kitty_I mean you are not fostering for a shelter/rescue_it is up to you to decide. If you are fostering for a shelter you can't feed raw for the same reason that you can't let the foster go outside_or should_ because of infection issues.
I feed my cats a mix of raw, canned and dry but fosters get canned and dry.
I know a lady that fostered for a shelter, she fed raw and let the kits out, 12 fosters got infections and had to be pts, needlesly to say the shelter wouldn't let her foster for them anymore.
There is a good reason why shelters feed dry, if they fed great food they couldn't afford to care for all the animals they take, specially no-kills. The furries can live on dry and when they go to their forever home owner can swicht them to whatever diet she can afford. Sometimes it is difficult but not always.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Watson, Nov 27 9:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.