Postings by Calypso

GO!

Behavior & Training > Strange Cat Behavior: Turned Uncuddly?

Calypso

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:35pm PST 
Thanks, Bump. Calypso and I are headed back to the vet Friday if we don't see any improvement. I ordered her some better food (right now she is eating Castor and Pollux Organix, but I'm thinking she may have a grain allergy of some sort. She's been up and down with her moods, so I'm pretty concerned.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Calypso, May 1 7:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Strange Cat Behavior: Turned Uncuddly?
Calypso

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 5:58pm PST 
Calypso recently came down with an upper respiratory infection. I really didn't know what was going on, just that she had stopped sleeping in bed with me..and that she was finding strange (high up) places to hide from both my husband and me..and Darwin. She didn't want to play with Darwin either. I grew concerned after a week of her not sleeping in bed with me, and I took her to the vet. She was running a fever and had a really red throat, and they gave her an antibiotic shot (this was over a week ago?). Her temp went down, and she is eating just fine now.

The thing is, she still doesn't want to sleep in the bed with me or play with Darwin. She sits in the windowsill all day and sleeps right next to the window at night. She doesn't want to sit with anyone or get petted very much. She doesn't come running for tummy rubs in the bathroom in the morning anymore. I feel depressed about this situation, and I don't really know what to do. The only physical thing I can note is that she has been having a skin allergy of some sort (with little scabs under her chin and above her tail). I showed the vet last week, and they brushed it off...

what should I do? what CAN I do? My funds are low, and I cannot afford a lot of tests this week!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Calypso, May 1 7:35 pm

Cat Health > insensitive vet

Calypso

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:51pm PST 
Wow. That seems extremely rude. Vets and human doctors, alike, can be so insensitive. I would definitely find a new clinic and vet that you and your kitties can feel comfortable with.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sootball , May 2 1:33 am

Cat Health > Just Spayed--Some Questions

Calypso

Purred: Tue Mar 30, '10 9:00pm PST 
Thanks guys! I did stop the tramadol (even before I saw your post) because she didn't seem to need it. She's healing wonderfully and is happily playing with Darwin. I took down the cat tree for a bit, but I've put up the first tier again and she seems to be happy with that.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Calypso, Mar 30 9:00 pm

Calypso

Purred: Fri Mar 19, '10 6:27pm PST 
Should Mommy take down my cat tree? Or should I be trusted? party
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Calypso, Mar 30 9:00 pm

Calypso

Purred: Fri Mar 19, '10 3:41pm PST 
Mommy just had me spayed yesterday--and she's been keeping me cooped up in the bathroom because I want to go rampaging through the house with my friend Darwin. I also gave her a heck of a time with the pain medicine. This morning, I just spit it right back out and started foaming at the mouth (side effect of Tramadol) like a crazy cat! LOL. She says something about putting it in a syringe next time, but she'll be lucky if she can make me do it!

How much longer do I need to stay in this awful bathroom!? I will keep meowing until she lets me out!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Calypso, Mar 30 9:00 pm

Cat Health > lump

Calypso

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 2:16pm PST 
I'd definitely get it checked, but it's possible it is a benign cyst. Darwin had an almond-sized one when he was a kitten. I just rubbed the spot a lot (lightly) and it eventually broke up and went away. Keep an eye on it forr sure. If it starts growing rapidly, get to the vet asap smile
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 10 12:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.