hugPurring for Alfiehug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chewbacca, Feb 26 11:53 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Clementine- (2004-2012)

Oh my darling,- oh my- darling......

Purred: Sat Feb 2, '13 6:05pm PST 
hugPurrs to allhug

Could you guys send some support to my friend Jelly? He just passed away. little angel

Charlie is recovering well. He is moving around nicely (no more howling in in pain!) and is tarting to put wieght on his leg. He did refuse to eat for the first two or so days after the surgery & has lost some weight but he is starting to a bit more now.
[notify]

» There has since been -19760.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:29pm PST 
So sorry to hear about Zoey's passing. hug

Such a sad day today,Elvin and Sunny also made their journeys today as well. frown hug

On a more positive note, Charlie came through his surgery well and is recovering nicecly. Thank you everyone for purring for him, the peeps were so worried.

Purrs for allhug
[notify]

» There has since been -19755.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 4:04pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear about Mousehug
[notify]

» There has since been -19727.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 7:31pm PST 
Purrring for all in need.hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19602.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '12 7:27pm PST 
Thank you all for the positive thoughtshug

After several days of better health & more spunk in her step Clemy went down hill last night and wasn't much better today. She was very weak & could hardly walk & her breathing was very heavy and she was clearly in pain so we made the decision to let her go. We will forever miss our quirky girlhug
[notify]

» There has since been -19201.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 10:04pm PST 
hughugThinking of you all & sending positive thoughts you wayhughug

Thank you all for purring for Clemy.
The doctor set her up on an antibiotic on Saturday & it is helping a little bit. Though she has totally stopped eating. We did get her results back to day & it is looking like lymphomafrown. The results are fairly conclusive but not 100% at the moment so the doctor gave us two options. We could go ahead & do an ultrasound to figure out more about what is going on, however if it is lymphoma (like it is looking currently) there is no treatment & the ultrasound will be very stressful for her so it is a matter of if it is worth doing. The other option is just starting her on a steroid (which will help her start eating) and just take things from there. At the moment we are leaning more towards this option.
The worst newsa is that if she does have lymphoma, we are looking at having only a month left. frown

Thanks again everyone! We will keep you updated.
[notify]

» There has since been -19188.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 8:46pm PST 
Hi all!
I know it has been a long time and we never get on much anymore (been super busy)but we could realy use the purrs, Clemy is very ill.

About two days ago we noticed she was not acting like herself and was sleeping more than usual, hiding, and all of a sudden not touching her food (very strange!!). All day yesterday she slept on the floor on a towel (her choice) & has completely stopped eating. She was very pale & we noticed that she had just very recently had lost a good amount of weight & we could feel bones we couldn't feel a few days ago.

I work at a vet's office so I brought her in with me this afternoon & had a doc check her out. He found she was dehydrated & had a mild fever, but the biggy was that her lymph nodes in her neck were swollen pretty good. And upon later inspection the lymph nodes in her stomach where as well. So we drew blood & he gave her an antibiotic, we were going to give Sub Q fluids but because of time contraints & her being super stressed we decided to wait till tomorrow. We won't know what is up till we get the blood results back (we are doing a full work up) but he believes it could be an infection or worse, cancer. I am scared to death. Please keep her in your thoughts.
Thank you.hug
-Abby
[notify]

» There has since been -19180.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Cat Health > Sudden death

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 2:03pm PST 
Sorry it has taken so long to respond but I did want to say thank youhug

I did talk to one of the vets I work with that week, and we talked about several possibilities. Though soon ruled out elctrocution, a fall, & getting into poison (mostly because if he did Tommy would have & Tom is totally healthy). We narrowed it down to something respiratory or heart related, the latter being the most likely. He also told me that sadly it happens too often & there was probably nothing that could have done. He also said that usually in these cases a necropsy doesn't give many answers.

We are still all very heartbroken over the loss, it has been extra hard seeing Tommy so upset. We hated thinking about leaving him at the office all alone on the weekends so we did bring him home last Friday till Monday and Wednesday till today. He was pretty freaked at first but has been doing well he was pretty happy to have a buddy (Charlie)to play & snuggle with. Though the poor guy still looks for his Dennis & calls out for him.frown
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alice Giroir - ILM, Nov 30 8:56 am

Cat Health > Sudden death
Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Mon Nov 14, '11 3:05pm PST 
So today when I came home I got some sad news from my very upset mother. When my father went in this morning to open up the office he found that one our work cats, Dennis, had passed away last night. The only clue to his death was a small amount of blood around his nose. Our entire family, employees and especially our other work cat Tommy are beyond heartbroken.

I am wondering if any of you might have an idea of what could have killed our sweet boy? We took him in as a cold hungry semi-feral stray last year & had turned him into a friendly happy cat. He didn't have any health issues, was up to date on shot, had a good diet, & got lots of love. The cats never went outside & were treated like apart of our family. It doesn't look like they got into anything because my parents checked everywhere & found nothing and Tommy is acting fine( minus being a bit depressed) & the two were attached at the hip.

I asked my mom if she wanted to bring him in for autopsy but she said she already buried him & I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Alice Giroir - ILM, Nov 30 8:56 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.