Postings by Darwin

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > Advantix for Cats-safety?
Darwin

Purred: Mon Dec 5, '11 4:06pm PST 
EDIT: SORRY, i meant Advantage, not advantix

I searched the topics here, and I could not find much info on the safety of advantage for cats (flea control). I have used it in the past on the kitties (i try to use it sparingly, however). Well, the fleas got out of hand, and we treated them around 3 pm est today. They didn't like it at all, but no side effects were noted. I went out to dinner, got home at 6:30. around 7:00, Darwin (i'm guessing) had scratched the application spot and was cleaning his paw. He began "running from himself." I'm not sure if he was upset by the taste, but I got flustered and wiped off some of the advantix with soapy water (worried he was having a reaction). I've read horror stories about other brands, but should I be as concerned as I am?

Darwin is now chilled out on the bed watching tv, but I cannot help but worry about my babies!

*soft kitten hugs*
Lisa
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Finnegan (Finney), Dec 5 5:00 pm

Catster Crushes > Say something nice about the kitty in front of you...
Darwin

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:57pm PST 
Bumpurr! I love that your eyes and fur match!
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Toby Tomcat Dreamboat #122b, Jun 7 6:35 am

Cat Health > Sick/Old Stray

Darwin

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:55pm PST 
I've been taking care of a lot of neighborhood strays since I've lived here, but I've become particularly concerned about an elderly gentleman. He's had allergies since I've met him, but he seems to be losing a lot of weight (even though he eats a lot here at the buffet) and having some breathing problems. I'm terrified to take him to the vet. I get the feeling they may want to put the poor old guy down. But, then again, I feel this may be the right thing to do. I don't want the poor guy to suffer.

What should I do? I don't have a lot of money, but I can't stand to see him the way he is.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 27 11:51 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Going for Walks?

Darwin

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:41pm PST 
Calypso and I really enjoy window watching--and the Spring air has really got us hyped up! Neither of us have ever felt the grass under our paws and we've been begging Mommy to let us go out there.

She keeps telling us no because she's afraid of us getting sick from all of the strays that romp the property on a daily basis. She says if she ever gets a fence put in she may try to leash train us and take us out.

What do you guys think?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Tasha ♥, Apr 28 5:50 am

Cat Health > Mommy\'s Anxiety and Ringworm

Darwin

Purred: Wed Jan 20, '10 5:44pm PST 
I couldn't find the sock/bandage, but I did try the gauze ones. Darwin was terrified of them and hid in the corner. Decided it wasn't such a good idea. Then we tried the bathing thing, and he nearly hit the ceiling when his feet touched the water...so now I have been hand washing the big spot on his neck and medicating it twice a day. Seems to be looking better with the hand washing.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

Darwin

Purred: Thu Jan 14, '10 9:02am PST 
Thanks! We will go get one of those!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

Darwin

Purred: Tue Jan 12, '10 2:45pm PST 
Where would we get a soft collar? The spot is around my neck and a little bit on my shoulder.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

Darwin

Purred: Tue Jan 12, '10 9:34am PST 
We, too, were worried about shaving, but the vet went ahead and did it. It has spread, just as you said. Mommy and I are not too happy about it, but we will make it through!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

Darwin

Purred: Wed Jan 6, '10 7:48pm PST 
We are both being medicated with antifungals, and Mommy has calmed down, so we are all doing much better. The doctor said it may take a few weeks to recover for both of us. Thanks for the help!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

Darwin

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 2:31pm PST 
Thanks a ton, Boris! I still don't know how we will make it with me not sleeping in the bed. Papa is working nights now, and we get lonely! Maybe it will go away fast! *crosses paws*kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 20 11:29 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.