Postings by Al Hirt

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Al Hirt

A Jazzy New- Orleans Kitty

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:06am PST 
Good Luck...that is great that there is a Fun Ring, and what fun to see all the "bigfoot cats" together.

Let us know how Claude does.

The New Orleans Kittieswavehappy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 24.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Al Hirt

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 8:27am PST 
Sorry, tried to post this earlier. Kaya is looking GOOD!!! We understand why you cried, we know it made you feel great to see her looking so health and happy again.

The New Orleans Kitties and Auntie Fayecheerway to goapplauseapplausehail
[notify]

» There has since been 41.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > My new cat is terrified and agressive...

Al Hirt

Purred: Wed Sep 19, '12 9:29am PST 
The poor cat is confused at being taken out of the only home she knew. She just needs to have sometime to settle in and get used to you and your new boyfriend.

At this point I think it would be best NOT to try to put your hand out toward her, for some reason this scares her. Let her come to you and your boyfriend on her own. The move, combined with all the new smells and a strange place is what is making her so scared. Be patient.....she should settle in within a week or so, and good luck. Please keep us posted.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Sep 21 3:35 pm

Kitten Corner > 7 month old kitten not reacting well to two new 7 week old kittens

Al Hirt

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 1:24pm PST 
Well, Maple has been an "only cat" and she probably is not happy with having TWO more cats in the house to take time away from her with her person.

Suggestions I have seen here on CATSTER include, 1) Taking an old towel or t-shirt and rubbing it first on the two new kittens. Then take it into the room where Maple is. Just let her get used to their scent. Introduce them gradually......a few minutes a time at first.

With kittens this young it should take no time until they are running and playing all over the house. Know you will get more suggestions from other CATSTER members.

Good Luck!!!

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Al Hirt, Aug 10 1:24 pm

Al Hirt

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:24am PST 
Perhaps you could put the food up on a small box......and just when you think you have heard of ALL the things cats make their humans do.....MOL...MOL.

Good Luck on your upcoming move.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

» There has since been 69.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > Karen Voortmans new here !!!
Al Hirt

Purred: Tue Jul 17, '12 6:51am PST 
Welcome to CATSTER Karen. LOTS of great cats and their people here, and no better place to get tips, advice, etc for any questions you might have regarding cat health, behavior, nutrition, etc.

The New Orleans Kittieswelcomewave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Jul 19 4:35 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > My name is Toro and I'm new!

Al Hirt

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '12 7:19am PST 
Toro: Welcome to CATSTER, the greatest place on earth for cats and the people they own. We have met so many great cats and their people, and have even been lucky enough to meet several CATSTER moms and dads in purrson.

We will visit you page and send a Friends Request.

The New Orleans Kittieswavecheerdancing
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 8:54 pm

Cat Health > Where did I go wrong? (Warning: Gross)

Al Hirt

Purred: Mon Mar 19, '12 12:13pm PST 
Well it sounds to me like you are just a caring CAT MOM...who happens to have been adopted by cats who have problems with their anal glands (whice you are taking care of, thank goodness). You did what you thought was right, I certainly had no idea that the fluids that came out of the anal glands came in different colors. Now the acne on Loki's chin....I had a cat many years ago with the same problem, but changed all her food dishes china, and it cleared up....did the vet suggest this? Some cats are allergic to the plastic food dishes. Poor guy having it so bad...I had bad acne as a teen-ager (during the Last Ice Age...MOL..MOL..) and I remember how it can hurt, and a cat, not being able to understand what is going on, or tell you...no wonder Loki can have be grouchy.

Just my two cents, there are other CATSTER members who are are much more well informed about cat health problems, and know they will be posting.

Good Luck,
The New Orleans Kitties
Hope Loki is feeling betterwave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nerys, Mar 22 8:21 am

Kitten Corner > To neuter or not to neuter, that is the question

Al Hirt

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 1:52pm PST 
NEUTER......NEUTER.....NEUTER!!!!!!! I have been owned by cats for over 40 years, males were always neutered and females always spayed. You say you do no like the smell of cat spray....so THAT is a good reason to neuter, you live in coyote territory, ANOTHER good reason to neuter your males, they will not have the "urge to roam" and wind up as coyotoe chunchies....

Male cats recover so quickly from this surgery, and I always found they were calmer and much more loving since they were not "distracted". BK is right....there are MILLIONS of cats put down each year in the U.S. If you want cats that look like the ones you have....PLEASE GO TO A SHELTER OR RESCUE!!! All of mine were from someone wanting to rehome a cat, a few were born feral, and the last one just wandered into my patio.

Hope this answers your question. "DON'T BREED OR BUY WHEN THOSE IN SHELTERS DIE" (this is from someone else, but it sums up my feelings also)

The New Orleans Kitties - NONE of whom have all the "parts" God gave them.....but are better off for it.wave
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Ben, Mar 10 2:47 am

Cats & Travel > Flying to East coast from Hawaii
Al Hirt

Purred: Fri Feb 24, '12 6:53am PST 
Check with your vet, they could recommend something to calm the cat down. And after reading all the horror stories of cats escaping from carriers, PLEASE be sure the door to the carrier has a small lock on it, and even some of those bungee cords wrapped around it so there is no chance of the cat getting loose in an airport or plane. Or, have you made arrangements to have the cat travel in the cabin with you.

Good luck...........

The New Orleans Kitites
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ashlynne, Feb 24 4:33 pm

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.