GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Petcentric Treasure Hunt
Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Fri Apr 16, '10 11:06am PST 
Hi all,

I am working with Petcentric and I wanted to let you know about a fun Treasure Hunt contest available on the page. One lucky winner will get a trip to NYC and second prize is a Pet and Owner Spa Day.

It's a pretty fun way to pass the time when you're using the computer. Visit the site: http://www.petcentric.com/Fun-Games/Treasure-Hunt/Default.aspx and start your Treasure Hunt.

Happy Hunting!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dog, Apr 16 11:06 am

Behavior & Training > Cat Chat
Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Thu Apr 1, '10 6:24am PST 
I ran across this cool article that answers questions from a cat's and human's perspective. I thought it was so cute and wanted to share it with all of you.

You can read the article here: http://www.petcentric.com/Stories/Articles/Cat-Questions-From-Your-C ats-Point-of-View.aspx?articleid=ce20e234-9954-456c-8b8d-4f549bbf74a 6
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Apr 1 6:23 pm

Behavior & Training > Help! I'm Scared!

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Sun Dec 27, '09 10:13am PST 
There are a few things to make you feel more at ease in your space. For starters, toys and a bed/towel,blanket that are new with no other cat's sent. These can be kept where ever you feel most comfortable to establish a safe zone and relieve stress. You should also have your own little to reduce. There is a article on petcentric below that mentions there should be one little for each kitty plus one extra.

http://www.petcentric.com/Stories/Articles/The-Number-of-L itter-Boxes-and-Type-of-Filler-is-the-Secret-to-Peace-in-a-Multiple- Cat-Home.aspx?articleid=80e0d65e-5cd9-489a-a2b4-88d595d1d5db

Posi tive reinforcement is also very helpful. If you mom were to give you something you like such as a treat, toy, or playtime, that may encourage you to interact more and reduce stress and fear
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by HappiCat, Feb 13 5:27 pm

Grooming > Steps to Bathe a Cat

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Thu Dec 10, '09 12:33pm PST 
Yeah, the last time I gave them baths, it ended in bloodshed and scarring, though the cats were fine. One of them was actually fine with it and just sat there petrified (poor thing). Unfortunately, two out of three had ringworm, so I had little choice. Since then, I have resorted to alternate methods like the one in the follow up article

http://www.petcentric.com/Stories/Articles/How-Some-Cleve r-People-Give-Their-Cats-a-Bath.aspx?articleid=761e37d7-dbd5-441a-9f f1-e247c0a7426a

Specifically, I have used either warm towel, or kitty wipes. It would be nice to find a way to actually bathe them without serious harm though when needed. I think if I have clipped their claws, it would have worked much better.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Jan 3 3:16 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitten will not touch wet food.....

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Fri Nov 6, '09 9:58am PST 
Several of mine never really had wet food until they were older, so not something to worry too much about. You could also try something in the middle like a little tuna. But not drinking water would be a much bigger deal...thats where they should be getting their hydration
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Luigi, Dec 22 6:26 pm

Grooming > No litter in the litter box?
Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Fri Nov 6, '09 9:26am PST 
Yeah, it would seem they definitely could have put some thought into that before just giving the cats an empty box...poor kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dog, Nov 6 9:26 am

Grooming > Steps to Bathe a Cat

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Fri Nov 6, '09 9:23am PST 
11 steps to bathing a cat article from petcentric:

http://www.petcentric.com/Stories/Articles/Preparing- for-The-Cat-Bath.aspx?articleid=a9f6e2df-aadf-46b5-9824-a39ee79df563

I have missed step 3 a couple times and paid dearly for my mistake! Thought it may be useful for anyone that dares try. I have actually used some of the ideas in the follow up article since my kitties have expressed a pretty high distaste for water.

" Step 3:
Clip your cat’s nails. This is a safety precaution that is often overlooked. If you have not done this before, ask your veterinarian or groomer to show you the proper method of clipping."
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Jan 3 3:16 pm

Behavior & Training > licking on blankets, bedding, etc.

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Fri Nov 6, '09 9:13am PST 
"Dog" did/does that as well, but it seems to only be particular fabrics. We have one soft nit through blanket that she will lick for several minutes at a time. Seems to be gripped on her tongue and maybe she likes that. Leaves other blankets alone
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Solomon, Nov 7 5:00 am

Choosing the Right Cat > How did everyone get there cat and why did you name them the name you did?

Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Thu Oct 8, '09 7:31am PST 
I got Dog, and my late Stripe when I moved into a house in college where they lived outside as wild, but friendly cats. Stripe (a striped tabby) was a kitten (along with others). Dog was named by my roommate that did not like cats. Over time they sort of adopted me, and I took them with me when I moved.

A couple years later, my girlfriend adopted our other cat Pepper from a cat rescue group. Pepper because she is a black cat that as a kitten, had a sprinkling of white hairs.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Violet, Oct 25 9:54 am

Behavior & Training > Does your kitty like you watching her eat?
Dog

AKA DogKitty

Purred: Thu Oct 8, '09 7:25am PST 
Mine definitely do not like being watched and never have. Both are visual upset if I lurk by them while eating and will often leave their food. Pepper (the skittish one) will often leave her food hours if at all disturbed when eating, even with something she really likes
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Oct 12 8:11 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.