GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Best sensitive stomach canned wet- non grain food?
Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 9:49pm PST 
I agree, you either need to go 100% grain free canned or go raw. After they are diarrhea free on raw for a few weeks or months, then you can start giving them some grain free canned. Their systems will probably have healed enough to handle it.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 27 1:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raised on prey but now being picky!
Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Wed Feb 23, '11 8:44am PST 
Also want to add I tried giving her chunks last night. I came home with raw fish, chicken gizzards and hearts. She had half a heart and that was all she wanted. Back to canned food (sigh).
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 24 12:54 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raised on prey but now being picky!

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Wed Feb 23, '11 8:41am PST 
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who feeds prey or chunks. What do you do when they stop eating something?

Aura is driving me nuts. She was raised on whole mice, quail, and chicks from the time she was 1 month old. Now she is 1 1/2 years old and I can't get her to eat her prey. I'm so worried about her teeth.

First she decided she didn't want chicks anymore. Now she won't eat her mice. I have to offer her a new canned food every day and 1/2 the time she won't eat it and it goes to waste. I have an entire deep freezer filled with whole prey. Hundreds of dollars to waste.

I'm so concerned about her teeth health now.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 24 12:54 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Looking for a clingy cat that likes to travel... ("dog-like")

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Tue Nov 16, '10 5:22pm PST 
Supposedly both my breed (Ragdoll) and Turkish Vans are dog-like. We are called puppy cats. I'm great in the car, but I don't travel "all over." Mom thinks I'm good because she had to take me to the vet 1,000 times before I turned 6 months old.

Turkish Vans supposedly love water too, and my co-worker has one and she DOES stand in the shower with the water running!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 11:57 am

Cat Health > Diarrhea from Clindamycin

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Sun Nov 14, '10 8:32pm PST 
I wouldn't recommend the rice, but cooked chicken would help. Slippery elm helps, as do probiotics.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 12:17 pm

Cat Health > Pet Insurance- just the facts man!
Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Sun Nov 14, '10 8:30pm PST 
Glad to hear the good things about PetPlan as that's what I have but mom hasn't needed to use it yet.

Earlier this year mom thinks I swallowed 2 feet of string, so she took me to the vet and paid $120 to have me xrayed, but I was ok. Mom inquired about submitting a claim and was told she needs notes about everything all vets have ever seen me about. I'm only 1 year old, but I've been to the vet TONS of times, so that would be a chore! She didn't do it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 14 8:30 pm

Cat Health > do you have pet insurance?

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Sun Nov 14, '10 8:22pm PST 
I'm writing an article on pet insurance and I'm looking for people who have it and like it. Has it helped you in a scary time?

thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 7:36 am

Cat Health > Helps! I ate string!!

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 10:56am PST 
I just remembered the name of the toy: The Bird, or Da Bird or something. I specifically put it away so no one would eat the feathers or get tangled up in the cord. Never really thought someone would eat the entire 2 feet of cord!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 11:27 am

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 10:22am PST 
Hi Pookie,

how long after you ate it did you vomit it up?

I have looked everywhere for the sting, but like I said, the wand and the feather were right next to each other, and the string between them was gone. My other cat doesn't have many teeth left, and I have never seen the dog chew on string.

You are right, she probably would have passed it by now if she was going to. I just keep hoping it's still coming :-(

And last night was trash night, so one of the poopers is gone but I could dissect her more recent one (ew). God I hope she chewed it up good and didn't swallow 2 feet whole.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 11:27 am

Aura

I'm a delicate- flower!

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 9:16am PST 
I feel like a terrible cat mom. I always put away the string toy when we aren't playing with it, but I left it out one night when I went to work. Came home, went to bed, woke up in the morning to realize that 2 feet of elastic cat toy string had been eaten. The wand and the feather lay side by side; the string that once attached them is missing.

I suspect Aura ate it. It is now 60 hours later. She acts normal, eats normal, plays normal. I have given her about an inch of vaseline twice on Sunday, twice on Monday, and once today. She has passed two normal BMs since then. I looked at them but didn't dissect them, they looked pretty normal.

I will call the vet in another day or two if she doesn't pass it. Just wondering from anyone who has had this experience themselves how long it took for the string to pass? I have heard 2-3 days and we are already there :-( And yes, I have heard the horror stories of it getting blocked and surgery and cats dying and all that. That is why I will call the vet in a day or two if it doesn't pass.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 11:27 am

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.