Postings by Brownie

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Best dry food to feed growing kittens?
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sat Sep 13, '14 5:14am PST 
Petsmart's Friends & Family weekend is around the corner this month to get your hands on cheap pate style canned food. (15% off coupon for F&F) Even the Friskies pates are affordable. Petsmart has F&F June, Sept. & Dec. With Dec. having the best prices on cheap canned food. I have started to buy Petsmart gift cards now for the Black Friday cheap cat litter. (The gift card triggered an email coupon for $10 off $25. Sign up for Petsmart emails & their rewards program. They email you the best coupons.) I try spread out the cost of buying litter for the entire year on Black Friday, ten 35 lbs pails. The savings on litter lets my buy 180 cans of Friskies. Plus Discover Card, used to buy the gift cards at Petsmart, last year mailed me a $10 off $50 coupon. If you shop smarter, its like getting the canned food for free.

PS, Brownie loves him food ground up to be a soup. I also add a touch more water when I put in a bowl. Pate are easy to add a little water and make it easier to eat too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kyubey, Sep 16 1:35 am

Food & Nutrition > PetSmart $10 off $25 coupon
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Aug 28, '14 9:19pm PST 
Just got emailed a coupon for $10 off $25. I have not checked but you could check Facebook.com/petsmart for the same coupon. Happy Labor day weekend!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Aug 28 9:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is the least expensive dry, grain-free food you have found?

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Aug 12, '14 7:51pm PST 
5 years ago I researched it and Diamond's Taste of the Wild was the cheapest. (They do not believe in coupons) You can write to them for samples or other local store may have them too. I so wanted my crew to love grain-free kibble. It was never to be.

Look for it at small Holistic pet food stores, Feed stores, Pet Supply Plus, Tractors Supply, Menards, Rural King and many other places listed on their website.

From Tractors Supply website - $12 for 5 lbs. So $1.20 a pound.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Aug 12 7:51 pm

Cat Health > Indoor cats with fleas - help!

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sat Aug 9, '14 10:52am PST 
Flea dips are the WORST. The Hartz shampoo is better than that.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Truth, Aug 23 12:07 am

Cat Health > Indoor cats with fleas - help!

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Aug 7, '14 9:09pm PST 
Short hair cats are easier to get rid of fleas. I got the Program (Lufenuron 165 mg.) to kill everything but adult fleas. It's birth control for fleas. To kill the adults fleas, I got Capstar (Nitenpyram). With my long hair cats, I also had to get Hartz flea shampoo from Walmart. I waited a day between each phase starting with the Program then Capstar & finally a bath with Hartz. I vacuumed alot to get the eggs. Wash all the cat bedding.

We tried PetArmor but it was a waste of money on my long hair cats. I squeezed it on and with the long hair it did not travel all over them. I had better luck buying the flea pills on Ebay. Little City Dog & K9
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Truth, Aug 23 12:07 am

Food & Nutrition > Which dry cat food?
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Jul 22, '14 9:09pm PST 
I would skip Petsmart's house brand made for them, Authority. I search for days to reach them for information not on the label. Never could find one and would NEVER buy their food.

My cats hated though Life Bits in Wilderness. How complete is it if they only ate half of the vitamins?? What a waste of money.

I do like Wellness but the Complete Health ones over the Core. I have a bag of Holistic Select, a sister company of Wellness, the duck one in a bowl right now.

Right now I'm also mixing foods. Evo, California Natural and my final bags of Canyon Creek Ranch. After the law suits from the CCR dog chicken jerky treats, they, Nestle Purina, killed the brand. At the same time Nestle Purina rolled out changes to their One Beyond brand. They renamed it Beyond and the ingredients extremely similar to CCR now without dried cubes of potato & zucchini. Mine hated the cubes but love, love the CCR kibble. So we will for sure buy Beyond as when we need it because my cats do love their grained kibbles of rice, oatmeal, barley. (Beyond contains no corn, wheat, soy or meat by products.) And at times, I pick up a bag of Precise Holistic Complete Adult chicken. I'm not sure if any of these brand are up there in Canada but at smaller Holistic pet stores. I like to buy food in smaller bags to get fresher food. Hey, we ate Pronature from Montreal until they had no contract to have it distributed in the US. It was VERY YUMMY so says my cats!! We miss it!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jul 22 9:09 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Genie Refill options

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '14 11:20pm PST 
I received a Litter Genie to test. I liked it a lot. On average, I got 9 bags out of the bag cartridge. Unwilling to pay the cost of the refills, I found that a 8 gallon trash bags that I purchased at Kmart would work. Yes, it takes a lot more time to use the spent bag cartridge with the 8 gallon bags. It can be done cheap enought. But I gave up because the heights of the Litter Genie. It was too tall next to my only space next to the toliet and the bathtub. I ended up with a small rectangle trash can that has a petal to open the plastic lid. The trash can from Target was stainless steel on the outside with a plastic inner liner. It was just under $35.00 for the SimpleHuman 11" H x 13.5" W x 6.25" D can. Those same 8 gallon Ironclad bags work in the trash can I bought at Target.

Ironclad vanilla scented 65 count (8 gallon) bags are $4.99.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Apr 6 11:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Gravy Suckers - A Possible Remedy

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu Feb 27, '14 11:35pm PST 
Brownie is the one to eat all the gravy and leave the rest. Unlike Cookie to eat only the pate types with a bit of extra hot water added. I got so mad at the waste too. Then the light bulb. I got my KitchenAid immersion blender out. It fits right into a 5.5 oz can. I process the "shreds" with gravy until they are silky smooth. I add extra water into the feeding bowl to make it soup. Great tasting soup because of the gravy. For the 3 oz cans of food, I have to get my one cup measuring cup. The blender fits inside for me to process the 3 oz. can contents.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Feb 27 11:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good fat burning foods?

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:47pm PST 
In dry food, EVO or Wellness Core. In wet food, look for the pate ones that are 94%, 95% or 96% meat. This is based on the Atkins diet of limiting carbs.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jan 6 5:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart 12/23 - $1.50 Wellness canned food
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon Dec 23, '13 10:18am PST 
Today only!! Select 5.5 oz Wellness canned food. Regular price. $1.89. Hurry, for best selection today.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Dec 23 10:18 am

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.