Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 201: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Kitten with FIP...anyone else have experience with this?
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Dec 18, '14 4:37am PST 
It took a while to get diagnosed but once the belly filled with fluid and we knew what it was I had to have him put to sleep within 24 hours. He was just too miserable. He was older - probably around 6 - but had a compromised immune system. I hope you have better luck with your baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe, Thu 9:51 am

Cat Health > Kitten with FIP...anyone else have experience with this?
BK

Purred: Wed Dec 17, '14 3:26am PST 
I lost a cat to FIP very, very quickly but is there any chance this could be parasites? Have you dewormed and done a fecal exam?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Thu 9:51 am

Cat Health > Not eating

BK

Purred: Sat Dec 13, '14 8:14am PST 
Bring her to the vet immediately. A cat that doesn't eat for 24 hours can develop hepatic lipidosis which is really serious. Try syringe feeding her - get something into her until you can get her to the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 13 8:14 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Best way to get a new pussy cat

BK

Purred: Thu Dec 11, '14 4:59am PST 
Cats are very different than dogs and aren't usually much concerned about pleasing you, lol. I've had fosters that don't come out from under the bed for a week until they feel comfortable. So a trial run is very helpful, as is info from a foster.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 11 4:59 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Best way to get a new pussy cat

BK

Purred: Wed Dec 10, '14 4:39pm PST 
It's great that you're considering an older cat because you can really find out their personality before you adopt. Find out which cats have been fostered in a home and you'll get a wealth of info from their foster parents. I foster for a rescue and can always send my fosters in with valuable info about their natures and what kinds of homes would work best for them (best as a single cat, good with kids, independent, etc.). You can also usually "foster with intent". It's like a trial period where you see if the cat fits in well with your home. Always give it at least two weeks - then you'll see their true personalities. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 11 4:59 am

Cat Health > Anal gland removal surgery?
BK

Purred: Sat Dec 6, '14 8:34am PST 
I don't have experience with this, except for a foster who would leave "evidence" around because she had such bad diarrhea that she seemed to leak without knowing it. Is there any chance this might be affected/improved by a proper diet? Does the cat have diarrhea or does the vet think this is unrelated to digestion and is a purely physical issue?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Dec 6 4:59 pm

Raw Food Diet > Rash/Redness/Irritation?

BK

Purred: Mon Dec 1, '14 5:18am PST 
Google something called rodent ulcers and see if that's what it looks like. If they don't clear up soon by themselves, yes, I think you'll have to head to the vet. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 1 5:18 am

Food & Nutrition > questions!

BK

Purred: Sun Nov 30, '14 4:32am PST 
Feed canned food only, in the highest quality you can afford. Stay away from any grains/carbs. Weight loss in cats should be very gradual. In theory you want to feed for their ideal weight but you may have to feed slightly more at the beginning if they're really overweight. Feed at set meal times - don't let them graze all day. Keep them active with play and you should see the pounds drop. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Dec 7 9:50 am

Raw Food Diet > Rash/Redness/Irritation?

BK

Purred: Fri Nov 28, '14 5:04am PST 
Are you using flat plates made of glass or stainless steel? Otherwise I don't know what to suggest besides seeing the vet, although I understand your hesitation. I would go easy with the fish too - there are just too many reasons NOT to feed it (mercury, contaminants, vitamin depletion - see this article for details: http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutrition/why-fish-is-dangerous-for-cats /). Hope this helps!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 1 5:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Kitten Won't Eat
BK

Purred: Tue Nov 18, '14 5:10am PST 
There's no harm in using the microwave short-term but a warm water bath is even better. I assume the kitten has been to the vet? The soft poop is probably from the food change and is common in kittens. But please be careful about moistening dry food. There's a lot of bacteria in dry food and wetting it just makes it worse - bacteria soup! Best to just get her off the dry food completely. And if she hasn't seen a vet you should get her checked out just to be sure there's nothing going on. Most kittens are voracious and after a short period of adjustment she should be eating you out of house and home! Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Nov 18 5:10 am

(Page 1 of 201: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.