Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 203: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > HELP? Anyone with experience with IBD or lymphoma??
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Jan 29, '15 4:31am PST 
Fingers crossed she stays well until your visit and hopefully you can get a diagnosis or a clean bill of health! If you come over to IBD Kitties on FB message me here and I'll friend you over there.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Thu 6:58 pm

BK

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '15 7:26am PST 
Things can appear to happen fast because sometimes they can hide pain or symptoms until they're further along. Is the vomiting over for now? The vet can give you an anti nausea med if she needs it.

I encourage you to come over to the IBD Kitties group on FB and post a summary to see what people suggest. My suggestion would be to do a bland diet (along the lines of some cooked chicken and bone broth) to try to get the digestion issues calmed down so you can focus on other things.

As a side note, it's a myth that dry food cleans teeth and in my opinion it does more harm than good. That said, it probably has nothing to do with your current issues.

You may have to wait until your next visit to get a diagnosis but the important thing is keeping her comfortable in the meanwhile.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Thu 6:58 pm

BK

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '15 4:51am PST 
Whew Chloe, that was way long and all over the place, lol! The first question is what are you feeding? The fact that you're having urinary issues and stomach issues makes me wonder if you're feeding a dry food and/or a food with ingredients that cats are sensitive to. I suggest you poke around a website called ibdkitties.net and if you're on Facebook, join their group there. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people there that can help you narrow down this diagnosis since your vet also seems to be all over the place! If you can get on to a healthy diet you may see immediate improvement in some things so you can start to pinpoint where the problem is.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Thu 6:58 pm

Raw Food Diet > Nature's V ariety has brought back the raw medallions!

BK

Purred: Wed Jan 21, '15 5:00am PST 
Good luck with the new version! Keep me posted on how it is!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

BK

Purred: Tue Jan 20, '15 4:35am PST 
I'm not crazy about all those vegetables and that clay but it's still raw and it's still better than many other foods. Have you seen Radcat? It's all meat and they use eggshell for calcium. I know some people who are using it and it's great. Just another option to look into if you're interested.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

BK

Purred: Mon Jan 19, '15 4:44am PST 
I wonder why they're lower in calories? I'd be curious to see if the ingredients have changed - can you let us know? Also, you probably have experience with this, but I've heard the NV is a little high in bone content and can be constipating. You can add a little plain meat to the medallion to avoid this.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sun 5:40 am

Food & Nutrition > Cat's favorite "texture" of food

BK

Purred: Thu Jan 15, '15 4:28am PST 
One thing to keep in mind when choosing food is that the pate flavors are usually much lower in carbs than the "chunky" flavors. Of course we don't always have a say in what our cats choose, but the pate flavors are generally healthier!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Amber, Sat 4:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate Urination - Sometimes!

BK

Purred: Mon Jan 12, '15 4:52am PST 
Catster needs a "like" button! So happy to hear the article was helpful and that it worked already - yay!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 12 4:52 am

Behavior & Training > Inappropriate Urination - Sometimes!

BK

Purred: Sun Jan 11, '15 7:14am PST 
Peeing out of the box is rarely out of "spite". Here's a great website for all the reasons cats don't use the box: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 12 4:52 am

Raw Food Diet > Tough Question
BK

Purred: Fri Jan 9, '15 6:29am PST 
Both gizzards and hearts are good muscle meats so you can feed those as often as possible. My grocery store also marks down meats that maybe aren't that popular - I've seen things like pork neck bones for as low as $.99.lb. Yes, there's a lot of inedible bone but you could definitely get a meal from the meat. Also, check different stores - if you have a Chinatown or other specialty/international area you never know what you'll find! Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 9 6:29 am

(Page 1 of 203: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.