Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 212: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Losing hair around the mouth and sore looking patch - advice please?
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Jun 24, '15 1:33pm PST 
You can try an elimination diet, the only thing is that it takes about 8 weeks to know if it's working. And novel protein diets can get expensive. Have you considered home cooking or raw? It might be more economical.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 24 1:33 pm

Cat Health > Cat has trouble breathing when purring
BK

Purred: Sun Jun 21, '15 4:18am PST 
A 16 year old cat should be having bloodwork done annually, if not twice a year. That's where you need to start. I can't imagine why no tests have been done here. Time for a new vet, preferably at a different practice.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Jun 22 3:10 pm

Cat Health > Cat has trouble breathing when purring

BK

Purred: Fri Jun 19, '15 11:02am PST 
I don't understand. Did they do bloodwork? Is there a veterinary college near you? Sometimes they'll take on these difficult cases. I hate to recommend another vet when you've seen so many but it doesn't seem like any of them are really investigating. What tests have they done?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ben, Jun 22 3:10 pm

Cat Health > IBD cat no poop

BK

Purred: Sun Jun 14, '15 4:33am PST 
I'm not sure about the panacur for the outdoor cats, but I would start a separate thread for that so that someone who knows will see it.

Meanwhile, once you get things a little more settled I would definitely recommend a raw diet. I've seen SO many cats with digestion issues that get better immediately upon switching to raw. It's just too effective not to try it.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

Raw Food Diet > New to feeding raw - have some questions...

BK

Purred: Sat Jun 13, '15 8:17am PST 
It depends on what's causing the vomiting but it will improve overall health and especially any sensitivities to food. Have you seen a vet about the vomiting? I recommend this website to learn about the whys and hows of raw: catinfo.org
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 13 8:17 am

BK

Purred: Tue Jun 9, '15 4:41am PST 
The reason cats like Forti Flora is that it contains animal digest, which is what they spray kibble with to make it irresistible. It just doesn't have enough of the active ingredients to really make a difference. It may be because without a capsule or coating it doesn't get far enough into the gut - more is required to get farther. In any event you seem to be on the right track!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

Kitten Corner > Rescue kitten

BK

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 12:33pm PST 
It's not real milk, right? You need to get kitten formula. Most cats are actually lactose intolerant. If they can eat on their own by all means, let them! And if they're old enough to lap up milk you can probably get them onto canned food - you should check with the vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Behr, Sat 11:14 am

Kitten Corner > Rescue kitten

BK

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 4:44am PST 
I've heard every two hours for babies. Maybe you could do every 2 during the day and every 3 overnight? And great work taking these babies in. The best part is getting the mom spayed so this won't happen again. Good job!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Behr, Sat 11:14 am

BK

Purred: Sat Jun 6, '15 4:40am PST 
Excellent info Wizard, thank you. One thing that often helps after a course of antibiotics is probiotics. Get the human ones with no additives and add to his food. I recommend a general one with acidophilus and another called Saccharomyces boulardii. Don't give the acidophilus within an hour or two of the antibiotic, but the SB can be given at any time. These will replenish the gut flora - the "good" bacteria. Please keep us posted on what happens!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

BK

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '15 4:51am PST 
I thought fenbendazole was used for worms - good to know you can use it for giardia too. And it's great that you're giving B12. This will help him absorb nutrients and may stimulate his appetite. Keep us posted with any developments!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Wizard, Jun 16 12:45 am

(Page 1 of 212: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.