Close X

Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 213: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > A lump?
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '15 1:18pm PST 
In my opinion a lump is a necessary trip to the vet. There are just too many things it could be and they'll probably need to do some tests.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 17 2:56 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Please help to find active catsters in N. Orlando, FL
BK

Purred: Sat Dec 12, '15 5:41am PST 
There's a group on Facebook called Catster Buddies - you might try there.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Dec 13 11:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Dr. Pierson recipes for CKD kitties

BK

Purred: Tue Dec 8, '15 4:16am PST 
Whitie, I'm so sorry. Apparently Catster doesn't let you know when you have messages! I replied - sorry for the delay!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 8 4:16 am

Food & Nutrition > Dr. Pierson recipes for CKD kitties

BK

Purred: Sat Dec 5, '15 4:31am PST 
I can help - message me please.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 8 4:16 am

Food & Nutrition > Looking for low carb, grain free, low phosphorus recipes.

BK

Purred: Wed Nov 25, '15 4:19am PST 
Radcat seems to be more well liked. You can do a slow transition, mixing it with his current food and increasing bit by bit. Start with an "easy" flavor like chicken or turkey.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Nov 25 4:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Looking for low carb, grain free, low phosphorus recipes.
BK

Purred: Tue Nov 24, '15 3:52am PST 
Would you consider raw? Radcat uses eggshell rather than bone so it's low phosphorus. No carbs, no grains.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Nov 25 4:19 am

Food & Nutrition > food good for kidneys

BK

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '15 4:03am PST 
Moisture is the most critical thing - make sure your cat is on a wet food diet with water added for extra fluids. Also, the food should be low phosphorus. There are food charts that show phosphorus levels, or you can add a phosphorus binder to food. Recent studies show that the diet should NOT be low protein. The old belief was that low protein diets helped and many vets are not current on the new studies. Join a good CRF group and you'll get lots of good advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Nov 15 1:28 am

Cat Health > Please Help! My cat has Diarrhea!

BK

Purred: Fri Sep 11, '15 6:32am PST 
Putting him on only dry food could dehydrate him - personally I would only give him wet with pumpkin mixed in, but I don't feed dry food at all so my opinion is biased. If it doesn't clear up quickly take a stool sample to the vet so they can eliminate any parasites. Once you know it's not that you can try things like diet changes and probiotics.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Sep 11 9:53 am

Behavior & Training > Pooping outside the litter box

BK

Purred: Mon Sep 7, '15 6:10am PST 
Here's the best article I've found for all the reasons cats don't use the box and how to handle it: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox

Meanwhile, you can use puppy pads in front of the box to make things easier until you figure it out.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ben, Sep 9 10:42 am

Cat Health > Bladder Problems!
BK

Purred: Tue Aug 18, '15 10:15am PST 
Is the prescription food dry food? Many times bladder and urinary issues are caused by a lack of moisture in cats' diets. A cat's body is designed to get all its moisture from food. A kibble diet contains no moisture and a cat can't physically drink enough to make up for it, causing chronic, low level dehydration. It's critical to keep the urinary tract flushed out by feeding a wet or raw diet. Hope this helps.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ?!, Oct 19 12:56 pm

(Page 1 of 213: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.