Postings by Bonnie - In Memory

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Sphynx > What do other people Mistaken your Sphynx for?
Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Tue Sep 21, '10 5:23pm PST 
Ha ha! Yes - I have heard "chihuahua and Devon rex"... And some people get me mixed up with Manx (that's no tail, not no hair, silly...oh well....). Best was: hairless RAT! Yikes!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lord Voldemort (aka Mortie), Dec 27 12:36 pm

Sphynx > Indoor to Outdoor
Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Fri Apr 9, '10 6:24pm PST 
Awwww...so cute!!!

I think if you watch Peanut, and don't let kitty be exposed to sun, should be OK! If Peanut never gets bites, and the deck is fully secure, you might be able to let kitty out unsupervised for short times. But be very, careful, and watch for the first few times.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Apr 9 6:24 pm

Sphynx > I really want to get a Sphynx

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:21pm PST 
Yes, I was considered VERY ugly by those who saw me. I was even called an "abomination of nature" that should not be alive! YIKES! You will never convince everyone that Sphynxes are gorgeous (just like there are some people who - GASP - hate cats!), but as long as you love your kitty, others will at least ultimately respect your decision.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 30 1:21 pm

Sphynx > How to remove grease

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:13pm PST 
You can try a grease-cutting dish detergent!! But try just a little at first - I would suspect some kitties might be overly sensitive to the soap... As for the eyes, warm washcloths do the trick (although my Meowma used to use her fingers to wipe away the dirt - worked better than anything. Same with the ears - just used a pinky finger to clean the ears!).
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 30 1:13 pm

Sphynx > sphynx has allergies

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:09pm PST 
Hi - I hope this is all taken care of by now. One thing about Sphynxes - their eyelids often are genetically "misaligned" and turn inward. This can often lead to irritation. Also, they have no eyelashes to keep out the dust, etc. More cause for irritation. I often got my eyes wiped with a warm, damp cloth every day - seemed to help. Vet did tell me surgery was an option (did not do that - warm wipes helped). In your case, could certainly be allergies or a blockage. Hope it is all under control!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 30 1:09 pm

Sphynx > What should I know about sphynx?
Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 30, '09 1:00pm PST 
Hello! Just found this Sphynx discussion group. Sorry no one seems to have answered the Q in many of the posts. I will try to help where I can!

As for allergies, most people are allergic to the dander and saliva-based PROTEIN secreted by cats, not the fur itself. Thus, a Sphynx will, more often than not, still cause an allergic reaction. The reaction might be delayed, as a Sphynx does not leave hair lying around, but the reaction will likely still happen. Please visit a house where Sphynxes live for a few hours before thinking about bringing one home. I still caused a reaction in my mother-in-law. Hmmm...pawrhaps there ARE some benefits...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 30 1:00 pm

Cat Health > Catster friends, I need your prayers!

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 4:20pm PST 
we are so sorryhughughughug so very difficult hughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 2:56 pm

Cat Health > HELP PLEASE I\'m really sick and dieing

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Thu Jul 9, '09 7:06pm PST 
hughughug purring for Trixie
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Little Red (Angel 6/11/12), Jul 24 8:58 am

Cat Health > Treatment for Hyperthyroidism

Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Wed Jul 8, '09 4:16pm PST 
That's excellent, Hobbie (if I may be so familiar) and Gypsy! happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 8 4:16 pm

Cat Health > Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
Bonnie - In Memory

Purred: Tue Jul 7, '09 7:39pm PST 
Oh - and I in no way meant to suggest that the ONGOING hyperthyroidism discussion is not appropriate for the poor kitty - I just knew that what I *personally * had to meow about would be better in its own thread. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bonnie - In Memory, Jul 8 4:16 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.