GO!

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Are your humans suffering from depression
Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Mon Jan 20, '14 6:31am PST 
Hi All,

I posted a comment to the announcement, but just wanted to thank everyone for all of their help when I joined Catster. I haven't been on here in a while, but wanted to wish you all well. I'm also a member of Parenting-Furkids, which has several Catster members and is free, so you're also welcome to visit or join us there: http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php as well as Macy's site.

Hugs and Purrs hug
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 1:57 am

Cat Health > Nevah has a very serious heart murmur...
Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Fri Jul 27, '12 5:50pm PST 
Hi Nevah!

I sent you a pawmail with info. about someone who can help you.

I hope it helps! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 9:23 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 2:39pm PST 
I am heartbroken for you and, like Shadow, crying. I am so sorry for your loss. He was a very lucky kitty to have you for his mommy, and he will always be with you and the kittens.

Those we love are always with us.

hughughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 6:27 pm

Cat Health > Help Me Figure out a Diagnosis

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 12:04pm PST 
I'm not sure if you're checking your thread in the raw forum (on Nature's Variety), so my apologies if this is repetitive. If I understand your original post on that thread, it sounds like you were mixing the raw with the kibble. If that's the case, then that might be at least contributing to the problem. Kibble and raw are digested at different rates, and it's not recommended to combine the two. Kibble takes much longer to digest due to it's high carb/low water content.

Personally, I would suggest either feeding the kibble as a separate meal (12 hours from the raw), or not feeding it at all and instead feeding a grain-free canned food. Canned can be mixed with raw. But mixing the kibble and raw is not recommended and may be (part of) the problem.

I hope this helps!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 20 6:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Opinions on Nature's Variety - New to Raw!

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 10:08am PST 
I'm wondering if the problem is/was that the raw was being mixed with kibble. Kibble is digested at a much slower rate than raw, because of the high carb load and low water content.

It might be better to try to switch him to grain-free canned first, maybe as a treat (not mixed with kibble) and see how he does, then maybe replace one kibble meal (if you feed on a schedule) with a canned meal. Once he's on all wet, you can then try to re-introduce him to raw. There's really good info at www.catinfo.org on how to transition a cat to raw.

P.S. Pookie didn't care for Nature's Variety, and his sister threw it up, so I don't feed it for those reasons. I also personally didn't like that it had so many fruits and veggies in it, but would have fed it if they liked and tolerated it.

I hope this helps!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 12:28 pm

Cat Health > Bladder tumor discovered and dying :-(
Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 10:06am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug

I'm so sorry for what you and your kitty are going through. Sending lots of purrrrrrrs . . .

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 1:52 pm

Cat Health > Recurring Ear Infections

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 2:04pm PST 
I agree with the others that this may actually be a sympton of food allergies. If you can, it certainly shouldn't hurt to try switching to a grain-free wet diet and remove the dry. There's a list of such foods on ibdkitties.net, in various price ranges.

You may also find some helpful information on littlebigcat.com and catinfo.org.

Good luck, and I hope your kitty feels better soon! Tuxedo kitties are SO handsome (but then, I'm biased). laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 9:10 am

Cat Health > Which vaccinations should we get?

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 12:10pm PST 
Someone posted Dr. Pierson's article, which is great. I just also wanted to share this one from Dr. Jean Hofve's site, littlebigcat.com:
http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/vaccination/
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 11 5:16 pm

Cat Health > Chronic Condition, thoughts please...

Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 12:02pm PST 
My first thought in looking at the symptoms was food allergies. BK's mommy did a great job helping BK cope with his allergies. The others have some good suggestions as well.

Is there a holistic vet in your area? If so, it might be worth a try to take the kitty there.

Good luck! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 8:11 am

Raw Food Diet > butcher was mean, mean butcher :((
Pookie

Psycho-kitty

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:32am PST 
Is buying online an option, like Hare Today? That way it's shipped to you and you have more organ options.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 4:33 pm

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.