Postings by Gabielle

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Furniture Scratching
Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Thu Jan 2, '14 3:48pm PST 
Do you have alternative surfaces, like scratching posts/pads/trees for him to use?
Our favorite are the corrugated cardboard kind. They're fairly inexpensive, too!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ben, Jan 2 7:30 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Cat or kitten adoption?
Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Thu Aug 1, '13 2:34pm PST 
I always advocate adult rescue. Most of the cats I've owned, except for Maus (who was rescued with his mother) , Kitty (childhood cat adopted as a single kitten. was not the most friendly as an adult), and Brooke (rescued as a kitten from Brooklyn, also not the most friendly as an adult) were adopted as adults.
Adopting an adult cat is nice because you know what kind of temperament they have.

As far as shedding goes, brushing a cat on a regular basis can help with the shedding. Vacuuming and sticky rollers also go a long way. I have more than one scratching post, one in each room and of different kinds (sisal rope, corrugated cardboard) to encourage appropriate scratching.
We have a leather couch and the cats have yet to do any damage to it. They definitely prefer their scratching posts.

Fur on the furniture on the other hand..

If anyone can find a way to prevent a cat from jumping on the furniture, please let me know laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snoopy, Aug 22 2:30 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > My kitten is polydactyl on all 4 paws

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Wed Jun 12, '13 7:30pm PST 
Hi Toby! One of my brofurs had extra toes on all 4. It's not as common as just 2, but it does happen!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Jun 16 2:48 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Mon Jun 10, '13 3:11pm PST 
Purrrrrr!! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 288 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 11 10:32 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Tue May 21, '13 8:08am PST 
hug Tully
[notify]

» There has since been 327 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 11 10:32 am

Grooming > polydactyl cats and coloring
Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Sat May 18, '13 7:45pm PST 
I'm a polydactl, and a few of my littermates were polydactls also. My sisfur , who lives with me, is a calico. My other brofur and sisfur are orange and white, and brown tabby and white. I also used to live with a few other polydactls who weren't related to any of the rest of us. Two of them were solid white. Polys can come in any color, we think! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, May 18 7:45 pm

Cat Health > Teeth Cleaning and anesthesia

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Sat Apr 13, '13 6:50pm PST 
Before you have the dental cleaning, did your vet mention Bartonella? Our meowmy has come across many cats who just have gingivitis as a symptom, and their bartonella test (which isn't super expensive) came back positive!

bartonella aka cat scratch fever is not uncommon in cats and can cause upper respiratory issues, along with tooth issues, and is very treatable.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Zeke, Apr 17 3:26 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 8:25pm PST 
We have leather couches and chairs and things but we don't really claw on them. We have a couple of cat climbing trees and various different cardboard scratch posts around the house so there's no need for us to scratch the furniture. A lot of people who declaw don't even consider getting appropriate things for their cats to scratch, which is terrible! frown
[notify]

» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Cat Health > would you get your cat a dental?

Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 2:16pm PST 
Me and my sisfur had our dental procedures done a few months ago. We're older kitties and had a lot of tartar built up on our teeth. Mine were also infected, and two of my teeth had to be taken out. My sisfur's was worse though. She needed seven taken out! It's good to have your teeth done yearly, so that they don't need to get as bad as ours did.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yuki, Feb 10 1:14 pm

Behavior & Training > bags under my eyes
Gabielle

Tons of toes!

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 7:24pm PST 
Unfortunately that's all very normal behavior for orphaned kittens that are raised without littermates or their mother. She's substituting you for a playmate! It's always best , when you get a kitten, to have a second kitten to be its playmate to prevent them from thinking you're another kitty. for the litter thing, have you tried Cat Attract litter? that can be a big help.
Feliway diffusers can also be helpful for stressed out kitties but it won't solve a kitten's normal behavior.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by mo mo mo , Jul 13 6:07 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.