Postings by Spot (Striped Seven)

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Modkat top entry litterbox?
Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Mon Dec 2, '13 7:51pm PST 
Well, they have several other litterboxes they can use if they don't like this one. My cats are all young and have no problems with jumping. I just am at my wit's end with what to do about all the litter they fling out of the box. If I am not quick enough to clean up the litter they've tossed outside the entry to the box or if one of them kicks out a large amount at once then one of them sometimes pees on the little pile of litter in front of it instead of in the box.
I've tried using different types of litter but the other kinds I've tried either did not work well or else my cats were allergic to them (they have a lot of allergies).
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Dec 2 7:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Modkat top entry litterbox?
Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 1:35pm PST 
Does anyone use one of these Modkat litterboxes?
http://www.modko.com/pages/modkat-litter-box

I saw one yesterday at my local shelter's holiday faire for only $35 so I could not pass it up. They always have great stuff there!

I haven't started using it yet and I was wondering if anyone else has one? If anyone does-- do you use the liner it comes with it or no liner or disposable ones? Do your cats like it?

I usually use disposable liners so I am a little unsure about the reusable one that it comes with, especially as I can't go outside to hose it clean in the winter. My cats tend to kick litter out and track it even with a normal covered type box, so I'm hoping the Modkat box will help with that.

I put the box down to see if the cats would jump into it, I haven't set it up with litter or anything so they just think it's a box to explore and they jumped in and out with no problem which is encouraging.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Dec 2 7:51 pm

Grooming > Help! Fish oil spill!

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 2:54pm PST 
Anyone have any ideas on removing fish oil from fur?

I was giving my cats an oil supplement for a while, and Spot didn't like it and fought back, the oil ended up spilling out the sides of his mouth. I tried to wipe his mouth but was fighting me and ran and hid because he was unhappy with being given the supplement. I figured he would just lick the oil off his lips, but I guess after he ran away he drooled the rest of the oil out of his mouth all the way down his neck.
Since he couldn't reach his neck with his tongue he could not wash it off. When I realized he smelled like fish oil, I saw that he had gotten it all over his neck and tried to wash it off but it didn't work. Water/waterless shampoo didn't do anything because it was oil.
It would not come out and it won't go away, it's caused a yellow stain in his white neck fur that is still there and his neck smells like fish! It's not really oily feeling now but I can't get rid of the fish oil smell or yellow stain.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Nov 21 6:53 am

Cat Health > Infected incision... I'm so worried

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Tue Feb 12, '13 10:24pm PST 
Yes he is slowly improving, it still looks really bad because of being open though. They found 2 bacteria in the culture and the antibiotic he is on is effective against both so we are going to keep him on that, he is also on probiotics. He is going back later in the week for a recheck and then they will decide about whether to close it up or let it heal without closing again. It has been tough though because I have to keep cleaning the incision and keep clothing on him 24/7 so he won't mess with and to keep it clean, and since it is draining some I put gauze pads in the clothes to keep it cleaner/dry so I have to keep changing them. He is so tired of it all but he is very patient.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 3:03pm PST 
Yes the onesie medical shirt is very useful, but it doesn't cover the legs.
Here is a link if you're curious: http://www.medivetproducts.com/
I had my vet order it for me since they only sell to vets.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 9:57pm PST 
Yes he is wearing a modified onesie or a medical shirt to protect it, the medical shirt looks similar to a onesie except it is made for cats to protect things like this. The problem is that he tries to take the clothes off at night and also because it has to cover his lower stomach, so it goes around his tail and there is an opening so he can use the litterbox. But if he manages to wiggle the clothes around he can make it so he pees on the clothes, or sometimes take them off at night when I'm not watching.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 5:44pm PST 
We went back for a recheck today, they said it is a pretty sure that he is having a suture reaction. It has been seeming a little better since they removed some sutures yesterday. Today my vet looked at it and she removed multiple small areas of dead tissue and the rest of the external sutures, and the dead tissue was surrounding each suture which indicates that he is reacting to the sutures. She said there is less swelling above the area than yesterday so that's good. It looks awful though because now the incision is all open, but they don't want to close it up yet because they want to let it drain first, and they reassured me that its not really as bad as it looks because where it is open it is just granulated tissue that is exposed (the incision was only into the top layers, not deep). They might end up going back in later and removing the internal sutures are replacing them with something else but not until after the bacteria culture results come in.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '13 10:38pm PST 
I'm mostly worried about at night when I'm asleep and can't watch him, that is when he got the wrapping off...
I was supposed to bring him in tomorrow but the incision looked worse so my vet fit me in today. The swelling was worse and there was a lot of drainage. My vet cleaned it and she ended up removing the sutures, she said they weren't really helping at this point and she thinks he could be allergic to them. They also did therapeutic laser treatment on him today. They sent us home with more antibiotics and probiotics because he's having soft stools. I am going to be bringing him back in tomorrow to do another laser treatment, and we are waiting for culture results so hopefully then we can do more targeted antibiotics. I feel really bad for him because it just looks awful, and he has been having to put up with so much with us messing with it. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have just not done the surgery and found some other solution.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 1:34pm PST 
I'm so worried about my cat... He had surgery on his lower abdomen almost a week ago and now his incision is infected. We went to the vet yesterday and they had to remove some dead skin and they cleaned it up and gave him some antibiotics. He also has edema near the area. They told me to clean it twice a day with Novalsan and put Vetericyn on it, and if it gets worse they might need to remove stitches and debride it.
I feel really bad because he got out of his medical covering (it's a shirt that covers the incision) in the night and I think he got it half off and peed on it before he got it all the way off, and then he licked the incision when it was off, so I think that is partly why it got infected.
I also now wish we had never done the surgery and I feel like a bad owner for putting him through all this. frown I've switched to a cone collar at night now instead but now I worry about leaving him alone at all, and I'm scared about what is going to happen with the infection.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Feb 12 10:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Innapropriate chewing? (on plastic, netting/tulle, ribbons, etc...)
Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Sun Nov 11, '12 3:53pm PST 
Any ideas on why this may be going on and what I can about it? My cat Spot has always liked to chew on one of my cat show ribbons and sometimes tried to chew plastic but lately I've noticed him chewing on things more and he has destroyed the ribbon his brother Blaze won... He also is chewing on plastic items, and on the tulle/netting skirt of a doll I had on display... I try to stop him and discourage him but he keeps going back. I had to finally put the doll and ribbon away somewhere to stop him but there are sometimes plastic items around and he will chew those.
He doesn't try to swallow any of these things, he just chews on them.
I can't stop him when I am not there, so not sure what else to do. I thought of maybe giving him a thing of his own to chew on like you would with a dog who is chewing inappropriately, but what can you give a cat that they can chew safely (and would want to chew)? thinking
I mean they already have plenty of cat toys.
shrug
Spot's brothers and sister also sometimes like to chew on plastic as well but they are not as much of a nuisance about it usually...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel-Nu, Nov 18 10:31 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.