Postings by Guest ID 93913

GO!

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Preparing for kittiens

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 8:19am PST 
Midnight Helen, it is sad that some people don't care for their cats. I know someone who didn't get a vet check before allowing a stray she took in to interact with her other cats. It turned out that the stray had feline leukemia. The other cats caught it and they all died.
[notify]

» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Sweetie (1996-2008), Mar 16 1:21 am

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Mar 5, '06 9:39pm PST 
I think it's sad that you're not willing to provide appropriate veterinary care for your pet. frown The most important thing you can do for these kittens is to get proper health care for their mother. Would you want to go through an entire pregnancy without ever seeing a doctor?
[notify]

» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by Sweetie (1996-2008), Mar 16 1:21 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye MommaCat

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Mar 5, '06 8:53pm PST 
MommaCat, you naughty girl! How could you worry all of us that way? *purrs* I'm glad you came back. You're so pretty. It's a shame you don't want to live in the house with your girl.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Azurine Ambrosia, Mar 14 8:18 am

Cat Health > Sick of my new roommates

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Mar 5, '06 8:26pm PST 
I was wondering how things are going with Chessy and the puppies. If you're still visiting the forums, I'd love to see an update.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 8:26 pm

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Mar 5, '06 8:02pm PST 
As a matter of fact, I did read your profile. It indicates that you have had this cat at least since December, which leaves plenty of time for her to have been spayed. I'm sorry but allowing an intact female cat to roam is asking for a pregnancy to happen. Educated cat owners know this and "out of the goodness of their hearts" spay and neuter their cats.

Again, I ask if this cat has ever had any vet care at all? Has she been tested for diseases like FeLV or FIV? If not, it is possible that she is going to give birth to sick kittens. Has she had any vaccines at all? If she has not and her delivery goes badly, there is a possibility that you will not be able to get her vet care that she needs if it means being boarded at a vet clinic.

I realise that it is exciting to anticipate the "miracle of birth". However, breeding is really best left to people who are educated about cats and are doing it for the betterment of the breed. Mixed breed cats are a dime a dozen and thousands of them are euthanised every single day. By insisting on bringing more kittens into the world, you are contributing to this problem. For every kitten you bring into the world, a shelter cat who is already here dies. It is not I who is "taking life away".
[notify]

» There has since been 71 posts. Last posting by Sweetie (1996-2008), Mar 16 1:21 am

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Mar 5, '06 7:07pm PST 
I agree with Jeepers. Thousands and thousands of unwanted cats are euthanized in the US every day. It's far better to prevent them being born in the first place.
[notify]

» There has since been 75 posts. Last posting by Sweetie (1996-2008), Mar 16 1:21 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Orange Cats Club!

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sat Mar 4, '06 9:41pm PST 
Meow Toffy! Have a good evening.
[notify]

» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Princess Cali, Aug 19 1:01 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Annoying Email Based Friend Requests and Messages

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Mar 3, '06 7:15pm PST 
Harry, I think Sweetie is right. Another way to look at it is that Louis LeBeau has almost 23,000 friends. That means that there are at least that many cats here who like to meet new friends. That's a lot! It's more than twice the human population of the town my mom grew up in.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Felica 1988 - 2007, Mar 9 2:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is meow mix healthy?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Mar 3, '06 12:27pm PST 
Midnight, it contains a bunch of food dyes, which lots of cats are sensitive to. I've never eaten anything with food dyes. I'm such a barfer anyway that Mom doesn't want to take a chance.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Loki, Mar 24 10:09 am

Food & Nutrition > Is meow mix healthy?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Mar 3, '06 11:30am PST 
Here are the first three ingredients, by weight, in Meow Mix:

Ground yellow corn, corn gluten meal, chicken by-product meal

Since cats are natural carnivores and corn isn't really the best thing for them, I'd recommend something a little more meat-based.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Loki, Mar 24 10:09 am

(Page 1 of 65: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.