Postings by Guest ID 937494

GO!

Cat Health > Dear Cats prone to crystals- what do you eat?

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:01am PST 
My cat got blockage caused by Struvite crystals- Just wondering what do you feed your cats that have had experience with this? Trying to find the best food for my handsome man.
Thank you in Advance!
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 4:00 pm

Cat Health > My cat got urethra blockage- need advice!

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 6:25am PST 
My two year old male is at the vets right now recovering from urethra blockage. We are very stressed and confused as to why this happened to him.
He is fed raw diet (natures variety patties), we see him drink water all the time, he is active and playful yet his PH balance was over 7 and had struvite crystals which blocked his urethra.

From what I researched about this, a high protein, wet food diet is the best medicine for cats prone to this, which is what we have been giving him since we got him as a kitten.

Vet insists on putting him on prescription Hills or Royal Canine diet for the rest of his life, I'm hesitant because it's VERY expensive, but I don't want my fur baby to get this again.

Someone please, please give me advice. I'm paranoid this will happen to him again, and if it does we have decided we will have to euthanize him because we can't afford surgery again and we don't want to put him through this pain again.

I'm so worried.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Feb 23 4:10 pm

Behavior & Training > Toilet drinking

Purred: Thu Aug 1, '13 10:04am PST 
Thanks Merlin for responding.

We only have one bathroom and he is really good at peeing in it so it's convenient, Id really not like to add a litter box if I dont have to.

you are right about the fountain- maybe I should get one of those thinking

He is fed wet food only.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 16 11:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Toilet drinking

Purred: Thu Aug 1, '13 6:59am PST 
How do you stop a cat from drinking the toilet water?
He is toilet trained- he pees in the toilet so we can't close the toilet lit. But when the toilet is flushed and clean he drinks the water!

We have clean bowls of water in the kitchen and bedroom, water is fresh every day yet he insists on drinking the toilet water shrug

I put chemicals in our toilet, like clean it with bleach and lysol and definitely don't want him drinking that.

Help! thank you
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 16 11:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > Very confused about this food...someone please explain

Purred: Wed Aug 29, '12 12:11pm PST 
I keep reading over and over again that meat is most important ingredient and should be the first listed. Right now I feed canned "Nutro MAX CAT". Which is one of the cheaper canned foods. I decided to compare to one of the top canned foods that have been mentioned and the % of the important ingredient is pretty much the same as my "cheap food". Am I missing something?

Nutro MAX CAT Chicken & Ocean Fish Formula Gourmet Classics Canned Kitten Food
3 oz.; Chicken & Ocean Fish; Case of 24
Crude protein (min.) 11.00%, crude fat (min.) 6.00%, crude fiber (max.) 1.00%, moisture (max.) 78.00%, ash (max.) 3.00%, taurine (min.) 0.05%.

Merrick Before Grain 96% Chicken Grain-Free Canned Cat Food
3.2 oz.; Case of 24
Crude Protein (min.) 9.0%, Crude Fat (min.) 6.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 1.4%, Moisture (max.) 78.0%.

Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Rabbit Canned Cat Food, Case of 24
3 oz.
Crude Protein (min): 10.0%, Crude Fat (min): 7.5%, Crude Fiber (max): 3.0%, Moisture (max): 75.0%,

Someone please explain why what I'm feeding is not good if the percent is the same as the more important food confused

I want the best for my little new kitten but I am on a tight budget so I want to feed best possible food while not going homeless.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Aug 29 7:37 pm

Cat Health > 3 Month old Kitten- soft stool

Purred: Wed Aug 29, '12 11:24am PST 
Is it because he may be grain sensitive? I know all meat is obviously a lot more healthy, but I'm trying to stay on a budget here and I thought Nutro wasn't THAT bad of canned food confused
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Aug 29 2:14 pm

Cat Health > 3 Month old Kitten- soft stool

Purred: Wed Aug 29, '12 7:31am PST 
Hi Everyone,

My kitten has been tested and treated for worms and other things that may cause soft stool and his bill of health is clean. But he continues to have very large soft stools (light in color) and very smelly.

I feed him Canned Nutro Max Cat (kitten formula) about 2 cans a day and put some EVO dry kibble on top of his canned food.

He is also has a very big appetite, not sure if that's normal for a kitten to always be begging for food?

Any advice on his soft smelly stool? Im assuming it must be the food, but I thought I feed good food! Help. shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Aug 29 2:14 pm

Kitten Corner > HELP! So confused!

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 10:36am PST 
I'm so confused with the feeding guidelines for kittens.
I have a 3.5 month old male kitten. I do know that canned food is much better for them then dry food.
So kitten can food comes in 3oz cans. Directions on the cans say to feed 2/3 can daily per lb. He is 4 lbs. So that means he should eat about 3 cans a day?!!
That seems like awful alot and expensive!

To save some money, I've been feeding him one 3oz can a day mixed with a little of dry food then I pour in some water to his bowl to make it soupy. Is this ok? shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Felix, Aug 27 2:02 pm

Raw Food Diet > Tooth Cleaners

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 8:16am PST 
Hi Everyone,

I just got a 3 month old orphan kitten (still need to make a profile for him).

I'm planning on doing mostly kitten canned food with occasional raw treats- but what kind of food can I give to him OCCASIONALLY to keep his chompers clean?

I've been doing some research and read that chicken gizzards are good, but haven't had luck on what else he can have as an occasional natural toothbrush.

Thanks in Advance! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 8 4:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.