Postings by Guest ID 1183126

GO!

Kitten Corner > Re-Introducing 3 Month old Kittens - HELP! =]

Purred: Tue Jul 30, '13 8:03am PST 
Hi! I have two kittens Oreo and Panda. They are both female and from the same mom. When they were 7wks I took Oreo and my Sister took Panda. Panda lived with my sister and her almost 1yr old cat. It hasn't really worked out for them so I told her I would take Panda. I thought since Panda and Oreo were litter mates and so young I wouldn't have to go through the whole introduction process. When I brought Panda home I let Oreo sniff her Carrier. They seemed fine so I let Panda out. Panda constantly hisses, growls, and swats Oreo. Oreo chases her and seems like she wants to play. I am not sure what to do? I try to seperate them but it is hard. If I use a gate they jump it. If I block them out in seperate rooms I feel like that isn't solving anything? I am not sure what the appropriate steps are to do at this point. Should I seperate them or let them be together and figure it out on their own? Please help!
By the way, I do feed them side by side and try to play with them with wands and such, which they are fine with. They are also fine with me when they are each alone. But when I am not involved playing or feeding they constantly chase, Panda hisses. I think she may be threatened and a little tramatized from the former cat she lived with also. I am not sure...
THANKS!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Jul 31 2:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.