Postings by Guest ID 1167984

GO!

Cat Health > Senior Cat Problems

Purred: Wed May 1, '13 3:33pm PST 
After taking her back to the vet multiple times they found out it was kidney failure due to kidney infection. If anyone else has this problem I hope that this helps you. Callie currently is given 50/50 chance to live. Thank you for your advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Beep, May 2 6:57 pm

Cat Health > Senior Cat Problems

Purred: Tue Apr 30, '13 12:31pm PST 
callie had surgery 4/18/13
They removed up right canine & lower left premolar that was fractured. localized gingivitis.
Meds: Metacam- for pain & inflammation
Disp 0.5ml for 3 days begin 4/19
Clindamycin- 1ml every 12 hours- gave for 5 days then cat began vomiting.
Other cat was aggressive toward her for 1 week- had to seperate cats. High stress.
She ate a small amount the day of surgery & ate a bit each following day with some water. Was playful with me first 3 day days
1st bowel movement 5 days after surgery and has only 1 more.
Vomitng foam 2 times daily the last 4-5 days.
Eating minimal wet food & water the lst 3 days
Ate cat grass 4/28 and some food & water- kept it down about 5-6 hours then vomited a small amount.
Lethargic, not interested in food, play , cat grass, cat nip or other activites.
4/29 - began dispensing gerber chicken baby food orally w/ syringe. 4ml in the evening- drinking minimal water.
Please help with any advice as I have tried all I know. Callie is 12+yrs old.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Beep, May 2 6:57 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.