Postings by Guest ID 1151159

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > A feline companion for Mr. B

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 12:14pm PST 
You can ask a local cat adoption association about available cats that are compatible with dogs. Usually they can tell you which ones at least will NOT be a good match with dogs. Some of the cats have been fostered at homes with dogs and they will note on the description "dogs ok," "kids ok," "other cats ok," etc. Not sure where you are located, but I believe Humane Society at least does this.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brownie, Jan 22 11:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > Cat doesn't seem to eat much but weight is normal. Help plz.

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 12:08pm PST 
I feed her twice a day. I offer up a half of a 6 oz can at each feeding but she never finishes it. So I figure total she is eating about 4-5 oz a day.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 15 10:27 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Automatic/Self-Cleaning Litter Box

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:11am PST 
I had a different experience with the self cleaning one. The "teeth" that rake the poo into the tray would get clogged with pieces of poo. If you have a cat that doesn't cover or has a messy soft poo, cleaning the teeth can be an absolute nightmare. I got rid of mine. Just easier to scoop.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:11 am

Cats and a Clean Home > need new littler

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:06am PST 
Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat clumps very very well. Also, believe it or not, the Kroger store brand of multiple cats clumping litter with baking soda works great. Dr. Elsey's is at Petsmart. I've used that brand and you are right, after awhile it seems to lose its clumping ability.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Elliot, Feb 2 12:17 am

Cats and a Clean Home > The Best Cat Litter?

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:03am PST 
I would have to second EKO on Dr. Elsey's. However, I didn't have time to go across town to get that one and I ended up getting the Kroger store brand of clay multiple cat clumping with baking soda litter. I was pleasantly surprised. Cats really like it and I can't smell a thing. I have a litter flinger and dig-a-hole-to-china cat and since the pieces are larger it's easier to clean up. It's not that dusty either, although Dr. Elsey's is pretty hard to beat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 8:03 am

Food & Nutrition > Cat doesn't seem to eat much but weight is normal. Help plz.

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:58am PST 
Hi, I'm new here. I have a 12.5 - 13 lb ten-year old female long haired cat and finally after about three months have transitioned her to wet food only. She was previously dry only (and is still a dry food addict--she goes completely NUTS for crunchy treats and will hold out for them). Vet recommended wet for weight, as she was getting a bit pudgy, and for kidney health due to her age.

Here's the dilemma. She eats the wet food, but in seemingly tiny amounts, and it takes FOR-EV-ER. Every morning at least a 30 minute ordeal for me. The amount doesn't change much from food to food. She is eating probably 4-5 ounces of food per day. Her weight is absolutely fine, leveling off at about 12-13 lbs from 14 previously, and she never acts deprived. Still energetic.

Is this cause for worry? Does my cat just have a slow metabolism? My male four-year old cat eats about 8 ounces of food per day and he weighs 12 pounds--perfect weight.

Should I supplement her food with some powdered vitamin blend? I worry about calcium and other minerals. I thought about supplementing with a tiny bit of dry food but she will hold out for it if she knows it is there and I do not want to go through this battle again. Thanks!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 15 10:27 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.