Postings by Guest ID 1150863

GO!

Cat Health > I'm puzzled. Thoughts?

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:54pm PST 
You described my oldest cat to a t, except my cat is also deaf and unfortunately will pee outside the box sometimes. I will bet my bottom dollar that just like my cat, she is senile. Yes, cats do get senile. She meows really loud like she's lost, constantly wants to eat yet is skinny and is very pushy and demanding. My cat was tested and does not have a thyroid problem so I'm betting she is senile from old age frown it's sad
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gumpy Sweet Boy , Jan 31 2:15 pm

Cat Health > Allergic to New Cat and so is My Roommate, Need Help

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:49pm PST 
This response is not specifically directed to the poster, it's my thoughts in general on the subject. I think if 10 of went to an allergy dr they'd say 9 of us were allergic, I think it's ridiculous! I've been told I'm allergic to dogs and cats and I've had them all my life. I take a Zyrtec each morning and I'm fine etc. it drives me nuts when I see a cat at a shelter because owner is allergic. Take a pill people! If you were allergic to your kid would you give them away? Again, truly not directing this to the poster, more to the subject.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Buddha, Jan 28 8:37 pm

Cat Health > Do you collar your indoor cat?

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:46pm PST 
Absolutely! You can buy the kind that breaks away if they get caught. I'd be devastated if my cat got out & didn't have any info, even if it was chipped
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 1:46 pm

Cat Health > Kitten suddenly pooping and then peeing outside of litterbox.

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:44pm PST 
It's always best to get a cat checked for a urinary infection. They will associate pain with the litter box and not use it. It could be a simple remedy, but some people choose not to even take the cat to the vet and dismiss it as behavioral and get rid of the cat. Please take it to vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 6 7:27 am

Cat Health > I'm worried about my cat, should I get another

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 2:37pm PST 
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I am very involved with cats, I have volunteered at rescues and have personally trapped about 50-60 cats on my own that are homeless and had them fixed/shots. So needless to say, I love cats smile
At the shelter I fell in love with 2 young cats that wouldn't go to anyone but me, they were afraid of everyone else. I had 4 at home already and couldn't take anymore, so I was lucky enough to get them out of cages and let them live at my office. They have it really good there, lots of toys, window seats, love, etc. I am there 5 days a week about 5 hours a day and one day on weekend about 2 hours. Another girl is there at night for about 2 hours only once or twice a week. The 2 cats were perfect for each other, got along well and loved each other. One got sick out of the blue last week and died today.mim devastated. I loved that cat so much and we did all we could for her, I'm crushed. On top of the pain of losing her, my heart is broken for her housemate as she is now alone. I don't know what to do. I am afraid to bring her home because she's afraid of other people and I know it will freak her out to be moved and I'd have to keep her separated from my other cats for awhile.mplus, we plan on selling our small house soon so I don't like the idea of another cat in the house. I am thinking maybe I should get another cat with the same personality to keep her company and cross my fingers they get along, but I also hate to add another pet to my life. This death really hurts and I don't want to keep going through it. Do I let Angelica live alone and when our house is built in a year or so take her with me or get another cat for her soon? One cat dying was painful enough, but the thought of the other one alone is torturing me. I appreciate any advice. Thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Beep, Feb 12 3:37 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.