Postings by Guest ID 1147932

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Are New Food Brands Risky?

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 10:08pm PST 
Thanks for responses. After trying about 8 cans from Petco, I had thought my cats loved Petite Cuisine. Yet, after buying two cases I'm discovering they won't eat it anymore. They're also vomiting a bit. I managed to get a partial refund from wag.com. Going back to Fancy Feast.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by princess pinkie pie cupcakes, Jan 23 9:56 am

Food & Nutrition > Are New Food Brands Risky?

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '13 9:32pm PST 
I've tried to get my cats to eat something other than Fancy Feast (which contains crack I'm convinced). They used to eat more natural, organic stuff, but somehow got hooked on Fancy Feast.

Anyhow, I noticed Petite Cuisine at Petco and gave it a shot. Both cats appear to love it, so I've ordered more. However, the company that makes it is called PetPlayInc. Huh? Never heard of these people.

I'm a little worried about whether I should trust this new brand, even though it's natural. Has anyone here been feeding Petite Cuisine for several months? I'm not sure how long it's been around, but seems really new.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by princess pinkie pie cupcakes, Jan 23 9:56 am

Cat Health > Anesthesia Chamber for Calming Cat for Exam

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 8:22pm PST 
Just wanted to say that my cat did well at his appointment today. There was some hissing and growling, but overall, he was pretty good, considering. I decided to leave off the gas and played Billie Holiday on my phone. I think it helped, but also the vet let him stay in his carrier, just taking the top off of it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 12:13am PST 
Irma, thanks for your help. I'll ask about the shots. I may also try playing Billie Holiday in the exam room before the vet arrives to see if that helps! Jazz calms my cat, but he did get freaked out immediately upon seeing the vet last year. This cat has a good memory.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:06pm PST 
My cat's annual is coming up on Monday and he was so horrible last year, escaping to the floor multiple times and struggling while the vet administered shots. I have a great vet, but they couldn't control him. He's great at home, so friendly, but turns into an evil hell cat at the vet.

He's never bitten or scratched anyone, but he growls and hisses, so it scares everyone. I asked if I could give him some meds prior to the visit and the vet said the safest option is to use a gas chamber to sedate him for the exam.

I'm not sure about this option! They say it's safe, but I don't have a great feeling about it. Also, it costs about $50.

Any thoughts on other ways to get my cat calm for his exam?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 8:22 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.