Postings by Guest ID 1147378

GO!

Kitten Corner > Litter suggestions for 4 month old kitten

Purred: Mon Dec 31, '12 5:27am PST 
Oh no, she's definitely not declawed. The woman working there said that newspaper was just safer so kittens wouldn't be swallowing any litter. Rather than worrying about who was old enough to deal with litter and who wasn't, they used newspaper for all the cats.

I'll test out the clumping litter with her starting today. We've got a vet appointment next week just to give her a general checkup, so I guess we could ask the vet if the litter is doing any damage.

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kyubey, Jan 13 9:43 pm

Kitten Corner > Litter suggestions for 4 month old kitten

Purred: Sun Dec 30, '12 4:47pm PST 
Hello! For Christmas my boyfriend surprised me by taking me to adopt a cat at a local animal shelter (he's not a cat fan but I wore him down I guess, haha). I ended up adopting a 4 month old beautiful female tiger cat.

I'm not new to having cats by any means, I always grew up with cats in my house, but this is the first time I've had a kitten in 15 years. While we were getting cat supplies I ended up buying the litter I usually used, forgetting that kittens can't use clumping litter.

When we went to the shelter to pick her up yesterday, I asked the woman there for her suggestions on non-clumping litters since I'd never used them. She said it's best not to use litter at ALL for kittens, and instead suggested lining the box with newspaper. I'd never heard this but decided to take her advice.

Newspaper, however, ends up being pretty messy and smelly. I'm REALLY hoping there's a kitten-friendly brand of litter out there someone could suggest.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have Amazon prime so if it's on Amazon that's fine, I can order it that way.

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kyubey, Jan 13 9:43 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.