Postings by Guest ID 1137021

GO!

Behavior & Training > Cat introduction update

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '12 7:47am PST 
I've done a lot of introductions and I agree that sometimes the hissing and carrying on sounds worse than it really is. Also, like the other poster said, they may be hissing and chasing each other one minute, and eating side by side the next. I have done many intros and I use my intuition on each one as to how to proceed. Some have gone very quickly and smoothly; some involved keeping the cats separate for three weeks. One interim thing I've done, if needed, is to gradually introduce the new cat into the rest of the house by bringing that cat out in a carrier, and letting everyone else check her out. But you may already be beyond that point. A vet that I really trust said that we can usually trust the cats to work it out, unless there is serious harm going on. Good luck with the intros!

Cat Holm/Ann Catanzaro
Cat fantasy author
www.catherineholm.com
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 23 7:47 am

Cat Health > For anyone with an overweight cat

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '12 8:09am PST 
I have a friend with a really obese cat. It seemed his metabolism was very very slow -- he'd hardly eat anything and still put on weight. A new vet suggested a no grain, canned food only diet. Like people, maybe some cats have real trouble with grain carbs. It will be interesting to see if this works!

Cat Holm/Ann Catanzaro
Cat Fantasy author
www.catherineholm.com
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 22 8:09 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.