Postings by Guest ID 1130685

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How do I help stray cats?

Purred: Sun Nov 25, '12 7:04pm PST 
How does the ASPCA get their cats? I know some do come from ACC. I still have no desire to call ACC by any means.

How do I check out the credibility of the rescues?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Dec 6 3:17 am

Cat Health > Hairball? Or was it?

Purred: Sun Oct 28, '12 7:43pm PST 
So my cat just had a hairball. The first time, I know it was a hairball because she vomited on my bed. But that was the first time she threw up. She likes to sleep with me and she was sleeping from afternoon to recently. She got up and me and her sister heard this noise. I was eating and her sister was grooming herself. We both stopped immediately. I saw stuff coming out of her mouth(sorry for being to graphic). Ok... That was it.

Then she went to her room to use the bathroom. She did her business. Me and her sister followed her, and I can tell that she's trying to throw up again. So she throws up again. Its like liquid looks like the liquid food she's been eating. I feed my girls Innova.

Then she walks onto the small rug. She throws up just a little bit on there. We follow her outside her room to the walkway. Then she starts throwing up again. This time its much smaller. Then she throws up one more time. This time its like a little dot.

As I am cleaning up everything. She throw up two more times.

I have never had this experience. And she's got a sister who I believe will be throwing up next, and she's bigger too.

1. I she sleeps with me, so should I put her out in her room for the night? I really cannot wake up to this. This REALLY made me exhausted. Her sister sometimes sleeps with us, but she just does whatever lol.
3. I just changed bed sheets and wiped everything up with Nature's Miracle. We have an appointment next Tuesday. At first it was just hair she was throwing up, but then it turned into fluid/liquid. Is there something wrong with her?
4. I work tomorrow and I am afraid I am going to find throw up all over my place, my bedroom.

She's not weak or anything like that, she's very playful in fact they are playing now. She plays with her toys, and her older sister.

Any advice?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mya, Oct 29 6:39 pm

Grooming > Grooming Question and Help with Cat Shedding.

Purred: Wed Oct 17, '12 7:01pm PST 
I feed my two girls premium cat food, and they are still shedding like mad. They are found to be healthy and I am doing everything right along with trying to get them off dry food and strictly canned food. However, this cat hair thing is driving me insane. I have cat hair all over the place. My clothes, my coats, my bed. Everywhere. I vacuum once a week and groom them once a week as well although they dislike the grooming. I have a few questions that need answering.

1. How many times do I need to vacuum my entire apartment to prevent the cat hair from shedding all over my house? I mean its floating in the air even. I have a humidifier as well that doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

2. Grooming. How many times a week do I need to groom my cats? They don't like the grooming sessions, and I use the zoom groom because they ran from the Furminator.

3. When I am grooming the cats it seems like its a never ending cycle. When do I stop grooming them? How do I know when to stop ?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 15 1:15 pm

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '12 5:49pm PST 
I have no desire to call Animal Care and Control. Yup they are a kill shelter. I live in New York City, and I just have to do something to help.

Will they help day or night? I am asking this question because what happens if I see the cat at night?

Thank You Stella!!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Dec 6 3:17 am

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '12 7:40pm PST 
I can't take it in because I already have two cats, but if I see a stray cat it breaks my heart. Even if I could take it in how do I do it? It seems confusing to me. I want to help. Is there a rescue group that will come to capture the cat no matter what time day or night? What can I do to help the stray cats?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Dec 6 3:17 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.