Postings by Guest ID 110674

GO!

Behavior & Training > I Made Myself a New Litter Box with Dirt and Leaves from a House Plant

Reepicheep

Purred: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:48pm PST 
Hello All. Apologies for the length. I don't post often, and I promise I DID try a search of the forums --funny that a search of "defecating" gets four hits when "pooping" gets 5, 288 laugh out loud

Background: I was born under a shed, spent the first six months or so as an outdoor kitty in KY living in the garage with free rein of the grounds, then the second six months confined to my own room in VA with all the trappings (cat castle, food bowls, treats, toys and litter box). The dog dynamic of two pitties was not conducive to adding a kitten.

When the oldest of the two puppers died on June 29, the Bipedess decided it was time to let me out of the cat room. My dog-bro and I get along famously, btw. Biped put a cat door in so I can get back into my cat room without the dog (and so dog can't eat what I leave in the litter box that I DO use and is cleaned twice a day) whenever I want.

Problem: Because of the weather, first Hurricane Sandy and then the cold, Biped brought all the potted plants from the deck inside.

I scooped mounds of dirt from my favorite, mixed it up with a pile of leaves that had fallen from the plant in a nice little pile on the living room floor and then I defecated in it.

Bipedess was unaware until she came home from work and caught me doing the litter paw thing in the pile this evening and found the surprise I had left earlier in the day.

Bipedess is a dog person and hasn't had a cat since 1978 and he was a barn cat. So she is painfully ill-equipped to deal and really doesn't know what to do to stop me from creating my own toilet wherever I want. Besides getting rid of the plants, which would make Biped very very unhappy.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 6:52 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Reepicheep needs a home --KY
Reepicheep

Purred: Thu Sep 8, '11 3:16pm PST 
Okay I was WRONG WRONG WRONG. Bubs the 14 year old was fine with Reep when we brought him in for a meet and greet. Raskol, the 7-year old Lab/Pit mix however had a fit. Squealing, whining, shaking, PREY! IN MY HOUSE!!!! Not good.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

Reepicheep

Purred: Fri Sep 2, '11 3:01pm PST 
I wish I could bring him in. But I have a 14-year old dog that we've had since he was 10 who has never been cat-socialized and one particular close call with a cat he has had makes me nervous. I know its possible to dog/cat socialize, but Bubs doesn't learn easily in these twilight years of his life. I don't know what he was taught for the first decade, but it obviously didn't include loving kitties. For Reepicheep's and Bubbles' sake, I think it is better that I try to find Reep a safe and worry-free home.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

Reepicheep

Purred: Wed Aug 31, '11 7:16pm PST 
Okay, no responses at all???? No KY catsters (or dogsters) with advice??? Please, I'm going to hit feral cat status pretty soon. And right about that time it will be winter. I am not one of those cats that needs to be trapped, fixed, released. I am STILL SAVABLE. I'm just a kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

Reepicheep

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 8:42pm PST 
I am a dogster-140-pounds of dog. Can't have cat. Found this little kitty under my shed. Spent weeks getting he/she to come be pet. Break through evident in pics. He/she is ready. Someone PLEASE come save kitty -Meade, Hardin, Jefferson or Bullitt counties.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 11:07 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Knox/Louisville Area- Kitten Rescue Needed

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:25pm PST 
Got a boy kitty underneath the shed. Have spent weeks feeding/socializing him. GOT HIM tonight. Came to me --petting/purring- whatever cats do (actually a Dogster, and new at this.) Named him Reepicheep. Help me find him a home. Tuxedo. Cute as can be.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 7:25 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Free Willie

Free Willie Figueroa Baron

Purred: Wed Jan 13, '10 8:28pm PST 
is gone. His mother is not doing well. Any well wishes will be sent to her.

He lived a long and wonderful life. I'm a dogster. But we love our little feline friends, and Willie's mom needs all the love and support she can get. God Bless.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 6:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help with stray/feral and her kittens--Long

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Jul 6, '06 9:55am PST 
First let me introduce myself. My name is Mufassa. I was a stray mom took in when she lived in a foreign country. Mom is usually over on Dogster, and this is the first time she's posted here.

Second, besides me and Smokey her childhood cat from like 30 years ago, she is a total dog person and knows jack about us kitties.

That said, she's been feeding a feral and her kittens for three weeks and desperately trying to get someone out to her house to TNR the mom and take and socialize the kittens.

She's contacted everyone she can think of: HSUS, ASPCA, Alley Cat Allies, Cat's Cradle etc. etc. and all they'll do is say they'll lend her the traps and she has to spend all the money and do all the socializing herself.

1. She doesn't know how.
2. She doesn't have the money.
3. She doesn't know how her dog is around kitties, except he goes insane barking when he sees them.
4. She's out of the house 12-13 hours a day, and he significant other doesn't want to help her.
4. Its against HOA policy to "feed or maintain a colony" of the cats in the neighborhood. They can fine her and put a lien on her house.

Please any advice would be greatly apprecieted. Isn't there a "rescue" anywhere.

edited to add: I don't know why this came up as a guest posting. You can see me HERE
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 6:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.