Postings by Guest ID 1071538

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > Young stray found

Purred: Mon Sep 10, '12 7:45am PST 
Hi everyone. Need some advice. A beautiful young male showed up on my doorstep and I've been feeding and looking after him. He was starving and looked pretty beat up when he first came around. He seems much better now but I think he needs medical attention and I don't think he's neutered. He's very sweet, let's me pet him and I think he trusts me enough for me to get him in a carrier. But here's my dilemma. I already have 3 cats, one who is 15. I don't know if it would be wise to bring in another. So if I bring him to the vet what do I do with him afterward? I've called many shelters and they are all full. I want to give this guy every chance, I think he is very adoptable. I just do not want to put my others in jeopardy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 10 7:45 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Young stray found

Purred: Mon Sep 10, '12 7:44am PST 
Hi everyone. Need some advice. A beautiful young male showed up on my doorstep and I've been feeding and looking after him. He was starving and looked pretty beat up when he first came around. He seems much better now but I think he needs medical attention and I don't think he's neutered. He's very sweet, let's me pet him and I think he trusts me enough for me to get him in a carrier. But here's my dilemma. I already have 3 cats, one who is 15. I don't know if it would be wise to bring in another. So if I bring him to the vet what do I do with him afterward? I've called many shelters and they are all full. I want to give this guy every chance, I think he is very adoptable. I just do not want to put my others in jeopardy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Frisco, Sep 11 12:28 pm

Cat Health > Personality change.

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 4:03pm PST 
Well I took Niko to the vet and it turns out the vet thinks he has a back disc problem, which means he is in pain when he jumps and as a result, doesn't want to move around because he is afraid. The symptoms explained to us made alot of sense. So now Niko gets meds for the next 10 days and must have lots of rest for 4 or 5 weeks. He suggested a crate to keep him in so that, once Niko feels better, he doesn't start being his active self and have a relapse. Of course if he doesn't get better we go on to the next possibilities which could be more serious. I refuse to go there.
Thank you both so much for your advice on this. Sometimes, when it comes to our babies I can' t always think straight.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kiki, Nov 20 5:36 pm

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 10:59am PST 
Thanks for your response. He just had a complete exam and nothing was found to be wrong. All his vital signs are normal. But he does seem to have an issue with his hind leg, not being able to jump up. When the vet checked his leg it seemed to be normal. But that was a week ago. He does have an appointment for tomorrow.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kiki, Nov 20 5:36 pm

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 7:10am PST 
I am beside myself trying to figure out what is wrong with Niko. Last week he started acting strangely, and it looked like he was having trouble jumping onto the stool in the kitchen. He also acted very nervous, hissing after he jumped. I took him to the vet and he had a through exam plus blood work and everything was fine. He seemed to get better but refused to go into the kitchen on his own. I had to pick him up and take him to his food which he ate heartily. Now he finds a spot on the bed or under the bed and will not budge unless I pick him up and move him. If I put him on the floor he runs back under the bed. He's still eating well but I don't know why he is so scared. He was never like this before. Also we have 2 other cats and they always got along really well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kiki, Nov 20 5:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.