Postings by Guest ID 1068479

GO!

Cat Health > Kitten diarrhea for 5 days

Hugo

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 8:51pm PST 
I've used Revolution in the past and I've noticed that some of the packages say 6wks+ and some of them say 8wks+. Most other topical meds are 8-12wks + so I might wonder if she's just having a little reaction to it or something.

I wouldn't overly worry unless she stops eating/drinking or the diarrhea gets really bad before your vet appointment. I used to work at an animal sanctuary, we never used pumpkin puree but there's a few brands of canned food that come with a pumpkin sauce and pumpkin pretty high on the ingredients list. Soulistic Chicken & Pumpkin comes to mind, but you can probably just get the canned puree and add it to kitty's existing food for cheaper.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Draco, Oct 16 12:48 pm

Cat Health > Boosters?
Hugo

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 8:11pm PST 
The past year I have moved into the city and I've realized that my previous vet's office has been sending me email notifications that Hugo is overdue for his FELOCELL-3 booster. I am wondering which/how often these shots are needed because he was given one on 2/25/11 (by the shelter before I adopted him), on 11/14/11 (with his initial health check after I adopted him), and again on 6/11/2012. I believe with previous cats that this was a 3yr vaccine after all the initial kitten shots. Hugo is 3 years old now and I was wondering how others are vaccinating their indoor adult cats/if you feel all the kitten shots are needed for an older cat.

He also has some asthma issues which were present when I adopted him, but he has been doing /very/ well in the new apartment and hasn't had an attack for a little over 8 months. I'd like to at least wait until his health check and rabies needs renewed because I don't like to expose him unnecessarily to new environments because his allergies tend to flare up then. I also still need to find a good vet in this area which can be a process for me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaci Sunshine - Beloved Angel, Oct 16 3:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Feed healthy without breaking the bank?

Hugo

Purred: Sun Sep 22, '13 7:27am PST 
I normally feed nutro dry and weruva pouches. I'd like to not feed him dry but he is so picky about wet foods, and will easily grow bored of the flavors he will eat.

I work at Petsmart and they have the Authority brand which I believe is very close to a lot of the nutro foods in quality and should be a bit cheaper. I work in grooming so I don't know a whole lot about all the foods and prices per pound. I have purchased some of this food but it has been a while. They have both wet and dry.

Best Feline Friend is also by weruva and is cheaper than their main line of pouches, but it's mostly fish.

The Meow Mix wet food has surprisingly good ingredients for what you'd expect from the brand and the cost (the dry food has horrible ingredients). If you are that desperate I think it's about 60 cents per cup. Also very fishy flavors.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mama Cat, Sep 22 5:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > Who else rotates?

Hugo

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 10:48am PST 
I buy all different kinds of dry kibble because I think my kitty gets bored of the same flavors/brands and he'll eat just about any kind of kibble. They're all of similar good quality and I don't notice anything upsetting his stomach when I rotate. I would love to get him to eat wet food only but he is very picky about what he will even touch and tends to waste a lot of even the smaller cans. He'll also stick his nose up at refrigerated food.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by JC, Dec 1 7:10 am

Food & Nutrition > anyone try fresh pet?

Hugo

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 10:38am PST 
He likes the wet food that comes in the cups and it's one of the few wet foods he will eat. On the other hand, he wouldn't touch the soft kibble food at all. All of it has quite a few veggies.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by QGM Harlequin (Striped Seven), Oct 9 12:19 pm

Cat Health > Kitty Bronchitis Relief?

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:30pm PST 
I'll do some more reading up on it. Gosh that sounds horrible what happened to your kitty and very scary, and I'm glad you finally got things sorted out and she's doing better.

I know some of the effects of steroids because my Maine Coon was diagnosed with stomatitis. He was on steriods for many years before he got a full mouth extraction that finally got rid of it. The old guy still lived to be 22 years young in spite of everything, but I'd rather avoid giving this type of treatment to another cat if he doesn't need it as well.

As for vets, I'm still shopping around for a new one. I moved about three months ago and his last visit was with our old vet. I have an appointment for Friday with a local one, but my kitty is feeling much better today so I think we may be cancelling this time. I may call some places and ask about the vet's experiences with the condition. Thanks for the idea =]
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 5:30 pm

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '13 1:02pm PST 
I would love to be able to give him something but my vet didn't think it was serious enough to give us a regimen of prednisone. I did do a bit of searching but most topics seem to be discussing more serious cases. My kitty goes for many months without an outbreak (which I am almost certain is caused by change in weather ect. even though he does not go outside). Someone suggested I try and get some amazapet tablets to keep on hand, and I did make him an appointment today for Friday morning in case things don't clear up.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 5:30 pm

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 1:07pm PST 
I tend to read but not post here very often => I have a two year old who I adopted last year. He became ill during summer and I took him to the vet for bronchitis. We were given an antibiotic I believe and some prednisone pills which worked wonderfully. Later that very same summer it came up again and we went back to the vet. She suggested that he perhaps has a tinge of asthma, and that second case had resolved itself mostly by the time we got to the vet so she didn't give us any more medicine. I was told this sort of thing may continue but I don't need to bring him in unless he stops eating or is overly lethargic.

Anywho, the same thing is happening again, and while he is still eating and being fairly alert and active I still feel bad that I have nothing to relieve the symptoms. His cough is fairly infrequent but he tends to have an odd more rapid breathing pattern for a number of days. Does anyone with a similar experience know of anything you can do at home to help with this? I will be taking him to the vet later this week if things haven't cleared up.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 5:30 pm

Cat Health > Single cat households?

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 5:42pm PST 
Hiii, I'm new.

I recently adopted a kitty from the local humane society where I volunteer sometimes. I've had my eye on him for quite a while, as he is a sweet cat and had been sitting at the shelter for over a year. I finally moved into an apartment that allows me to have pets, so I decided to bring him home.

He came from the shelter's cat colony, which had about 6-7 other cats in it. I work a normal fulltime job so I'm gone about 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm wondering if he is lonely/bored and what you other single cat people do keep your kitties entertained while you're at work. He's a 2 year old male. I would consider getting him a friend but I can only afford food/litter/vet bills for one cat currently.

Thanks muchly in advance.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sasha 9/6/06-10/3/12, Nov 15 9:26 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.