Postings by Guest ID 1050206

GO!

Kitten Corner > Kitten Food

Mirah

Bite & Run

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 11:33pm PST 
I somehow missed this response! Little late, but:
I mentioned it (the distemper) awhile ago, and my friend changed her story and told me it had been something else - I don't remember what.

Long story short though, that kitten has a new owner now. I took her home as planned, she wouldn't stop meowing, and I asked my friend if she knew anyone else that wanted a kitten.. whereupon she freaked out and lined up a new owner, and then guilted me into giving her up by saying said new owner was already on her way, and she had no way to contact her. confused

As you can see though, I adopted Mirah afterwards, and we're getting along pretty well, though she likes to bite smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 11:23 am

Purred: Wed Sep 14, '11 10:26pm PST 
Oh, I know! It's like a 5% survival rate, and she was only 2 weeks old, so I was really surprised my friend managed to bring her through.

She lives with her mama cat, 3 siblings, and an older kitten (5 months) from her mom's previous litter, and they're all doing fine.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 11:23 am

Purred: Wed Sep 14, '11 1:14pm PST 
I visit her every week! smile Trying to get her used to me.

She's been through a lot already in her month-old existence - she survived.. I think the simpler name is 'distemper'? but last night my friend and I discovered that she can't seem to see out of one eye frown So she'll be going back to the vet soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 11:23 am

Purred: Sat Sep 3, '11 11:36pm PST 
This is the OP here - got a new account. smile Tigy really just belongs to herself, and Grace and Friday are both gone now, so looking at that account was a little depressing.. but I don't want to delete their pages, either.

Thanks for the responses! I'm definitely feeding the kitten canned when I adopt her next month (it's been decided) - I was just trying to.. I'm not sure, prove that I was right and perhaps change her mind for the sake of her other 5 kitties? After what happened to my Grace, I don't really trust low-end canned or dry food anymore (I've been reading petfoodratings.net, it's horrifying what my parents used to feed our cats!), and I'd rather start out healthy right away. So it'll definitely be canned with no grains smile She told me that if the kitten takes after her mama canned will make her "smelly", but I imagine that that's because she doesn't give them quality cat food.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 11:23 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.