Postings by Maizy 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 196: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Hello, I'm New Here!
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Jan 18, '15 5:28pm PST 
Hi Bella! I tried to go to your page to send you a giftie, but could not - but Welcome! Things are quiet around here lately cause they are revamping things, but it is a fun place! welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Jan 24 10:23 pm

Cat Health > What cat insurance do you guys have?
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Jan 15, '15 1:41pm PST 
I have PetPlan also. I have the wellness plan, with a $250 deductible per year. Really, when they have shots, bloodwork, etc, there is your deducible. Then anything else is paid at 80% (you can choose the %) I have been very happy with them. Felix had a knee surgery over $3500, and I ended up paying maybe about $600. Medicatin & flea/heartworm is covered too. I pay about $42 for TWO cats per month. SOme policies have a per incident deductible, so be sure to read well - mine is a PER YEAR. Seriously I wish I had had it for Tigger - with his heart disease now, no insurance will cover him, but it has paid off for Felix & SMitty's teeth problems. (it covers cleaning too!)
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Jan 23 3:26 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Purr...hello everyone

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 11:37am PST 
welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 31 11:37 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Tigger

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 11:36am PST 
I am hoping that all are well, and that 2015 will be a good year full of happiness & health for everyone. We are all doing well, so Momma is glad that The Kitty Quartet are in ship shape! purrs to all purrpurrpurrpurr. partypartykittycheer
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mouse ♥, Jan 19 2:17 am

Behavior & Training > One year old spayed cat refuses to pee in her litter box!

Tigger

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 11:20am PST 
Water, will help keep her flushed out. Her bladder is irritated from the crystals. Wet food, even with a bit of water will help keep her flushed out. IF they associate discomfort with the box, it will cause them to go other places. And like others have said, make sure the area is clean. You might try cosequin supplements. they will not hurt her, and the anti-inflammatory action of cosequin soothes the bladder. I also use Vet's Best urinary tract supplements. They contain herbs to soothe and to flush things out. Keep in mind, she is not being vindictive & doing this for treats. WHen cats do things like that, there is a reason. If you get upset when she does this (understandable - Tig is a pee out of the box cat too) I get it, but she can pick up on your stress, which can cause her to have cystitis, which is a recurring inflammation of the bladder lining. A perpetual circle you know? I have had MANY bladder issues with Tig - he blocked 2x and I almost lost him - so I am speaking from experience. The litter things you are trying are good too, it all helps. Best of luck! way to gowave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brooklyn, Jan 3 9:50 am

Food & Nutrition > Help loose stool
Tigger

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 11:11am PST 
I agree with BK. Mine have gotten diarrhea from antibiotics too, and with his immune system being weaker, it could use a boost. Could he also be allergic to the oatmeal? what about rice baby cereal? Or I wonder if some plain baby food meat like chicken would help if he can eat chicken. Poor little mite. Hope it works!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 1 5:16 am

Cat Health > How do you know it is time?

Tigger

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 11:06am PST 
I am sorry that you are facing this situation. It is not an easy one. With my dog, I held on as long as possible. The day his back legs gave out & he could not stand up, I took him in. He had canine dementia, and really was no longer himself for a while. I wish in a way I had let him go sooner, he was suffering. That said, it is an unspoken message between you two. I am all for giving them every chance, and I certainly respect Chloe's Mom for what she says, and some great ideas on supplements - however if it is cancer, the inevitable will happen, and I hate to see the suffering that comes with it. What does your vet say? Personally, if it was me, I would try to manage his other health issues to keep him comfortable, and if it gets to the point that I no longer see the kitty having a quality of life, then sadly, time to say goodbye has come. You know your cat best, and can tell if he is fading. One thing for sure, is do not look down on yourself for the decision. We all wish we had more time with them, but being able to let them go in peace is a gift of love in itself too. I wish you peace, and I hope your kitty can stay with you a long time yet. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Jan 16 6:17 pm

Cat Health > Neutering?

Tigger

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '14 10:56am PST 
Do the cats live together? If so, or if you are close, why not offer to take your sister's cat in when you take yours? The best gift you can give your kitty is to spay/neuter. I have 3 males & 1 female. Only one male is a bit "fluffier" than he should be, but not by much. WHen they are fixed, they can focus on just being a good kitty, you can see their personality. They are not focused on reproducing. Your sister's cat can get more aggressive, and if there happens to be a female in the area in heat - he will do whatever it takes to get to her. As I said the best gift (besides love of course!)is to do this. It reduces cancer risk in females for sure, and maybe in males also.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Jan 13 2:45 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > My 85-year-old grandpaw, who has dementia, wants a cat

Tigger

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '14 2:48pm PST 
That is tricky, and yet if it is a bad day, will the kitty get fed or it's box changed? Is it possible to maybe take him to volunteer on good days, to play with kitties at a shelter? Especially if he feels it is an important job for him to do. Having had a grandma with the same issue, I know what the bad days can be like, and that is why I hestitate putting an animal in that situation. If he has a bad day, the poor kitty won't understand why he isn't being fed or given attention. Then again, it may help keep him more lucid - they say people with even Alzheimer's recognize an animal. I personally would really think about the shelter angle first - see how he does with it before actually getting a cat, (and I am all about saving pets for sure). Not an easy decision, but you have to be the voice for the potential kitty. Best luck in this situation.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 28 2:48 pm

Cat Health > Brush my cat's teeth: Is cat toothpaste really necessary?
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '14 2:33pm PST 
Chloe - I have a question regarding the Greenies. Felix tends to swallow his treats without chewing - will it work if he does not bite the treat?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 ~ 2012), Mon 7:19 am

(Page 1 of 196: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.