Postings by Maizy 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 197: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > How to get husband on board for a Lion Cut/comb trim?
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:32pm PST 
How would he feel if you stopped combing your hair or brushing your teeth? It is great to be attached to a pet, but the WHOLE animal needs care - including brushing. It is part of the responsibility you take on when you ask a kitty to be part of your home. If he won't do it, then I guess either it is some quality time for you to share with kitty, or the groomer it is. Mine are all short hair, but they get brushed by both of us.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 11:57 am

Laws & Legislation > Update and Clarify Community Standards and Add a Report Sadistic Animal Abuse Option to Keep Faceboo
Tigger

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:27pm PST 
I am not on FB, but that is horrible! They are allowing postings of people BREAKING THE LAW. If someone can get arrested for posting about a theft or a break in etc - then these people should be too. AS far as I know animal abuse is illegal everywhere..... Sadly that is part of why I am not on FB. I miss not seeing what my family & friends are doing, but the other stuff is too much for me. I hope that it can get passed! way to go KEEP FIGHTING!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 25 4:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Cat's favorite "texture" of food

Tigger

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:24pm PST 
Mine all prefer the pate style. I guess probably because that's what I bought since they were kittens and that is what they were raised with. Maizy & Tigger will eat tiny bits though. They get one that has cheese bits in it as a very special treat once in a while, as it does have some wheat gluten in it. And even with pate the texture of it can make a difference. I can pretty much open a can of new food & know right away if they will eat it by the "spoon feel". Man I need a hobby...big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 27 5:01 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Sweet, friendly, handsome and funny Sydney is gone and my heart went with him.....

Tigger

Purred: Tue Feb 24, '15 7:19pm PST 
Please please do not blame yourself. 15-16 years old is a pretty long life, and he may have even been older than that. Kidney disease is not uncommon in older cats too. The heart disease - that is an awful disease. Tigger has it, and in my research, I have seen that sometimes it can be managed for years, and sometimes it claims a sweet kitty overnight. There is no rhyme or reason with heart disease - it is awful. I hope someday they can find something to work. You gave him a happy life, and I really don't feel that you did anything to make him ill. It was sadly, an unfortunate set of events. I wish you peace, and know that you did all you could, and he knew how much you love him.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 4 5:11 pm

Behavior & Training > How to read very shy new cat?

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Tue Feb 24, '15 7:10pm PST 
The more comfortable he gets, the more you will see him venture around. When he is looking at you, perhaps he is trying to get to know you better. Felix is very skittish, and it took months for him to feel relaxed. He is still a bit nervous, but I feel alot of his issues is due to chronic pain along with it. Try to play some classical music (if you like it) or something softer if you don't. Talk to him alot, or even read aloud when he is in the room with you. Just keep at it - the reward when they come to you is even more sweet, because of what they overcome. I think so anyways. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Feb 24 7:10 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:17pm PST 
Sending purrs to those that need it - I know there are many
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by The Drifter♥, Feb 17 10:09 am

Get Well Soon > Need help and purrs

Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:17pm PST 
Hi Miss Tiny! Haven't seen you for a while! I don't know a lot about mega colon specifically, but Felix has constipation issues since he has hip & nerve issues, he cannot squat & go potty normally. The vet had originally though he might have had mega colon. I use 1/4 tsp miralax for him every day - sometimes 2 times a day. Originally the vet had him on lactulose, but the Miralax works so much better, I just use a bit of warm water to dissolve it & mix in his wet food. What about some pumpkin? Not all cats like it, but it is supposed to work well for constipation.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 9 4:17 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye to my Feline Friend

Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:12pm PST 
sorry for your loss. little angelhug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Feb 14 7:56 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats in litter box... together?

Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:08pm PST 
Or they are having such fun together that it extends to the pee party? I personally don't see it as an issue, unless one kitty is being prevented from going potty. Cats can do some strange things that's for sure! shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 9 4:08 pm

Cat Health > HELP? Anyone with experience with IBD or lymphoma??
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:03pm PST 
Maizy has mild IBD, and it surely can be an exasperating illness. I was catching up, and wondered how Chili was doing. She is such a pretty girl!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 13 9:46 am

(Page 1 of 197: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.