Postings by Tigger's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 193: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cats and a Clean Home > Kitten at uni?
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 5:01pm PST 
There are so many that get left behind when students move out or graduate - I would try doing some volunteer work at a shelter. This way you can get your kitty fix, and you are helping the shelter out, while saving your budget. Create a kitty-fund, to save up for when school is done and you can give a kitty the time & space they deserve. I don't mean to sound snobby, but this way you wouldn't have to worry if you are running late, or need to travel or anything. Shelter kitties (& pups) need love too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Oct 2 5:01 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bindi left us suddenly today :(
Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:56pm PST 
That is the most heartbreaking. I worry about that for my Tig, as he has HCM, and has this risk. You were able to release her from the pain, she knows that. It is hard when it is so sudden like that, but you make the best choice for her, as much as it was terrible for you. She is now pain free and watching over you - chasing her lizards! purrs to you for peace. huglittle angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Oct 12 10:43 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye my sweet boy

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:52pm PST 
purrs for your loss. That is so awful to get a double whammy like that. May the memories of them together bring you some peace.little angelhug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Oct 2 4:52 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Looking for Advice- Divorce & Moving

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:50pm PST 
I would try to find out why he won't honor that part of the lease. It shouldn't be in there if it is not available. I know that some shelters have programs for those that need temporary homes for their kitties. PAWS Chicago does this. I am so sorry that along with the stress of divorce, you need to deal with this too. Right now you need your kitty as much as he needs you. He is sensing your stress too. I wonder if there is a way to find out if you would have any legal recourse for them not honoring the lease. Some schools have a free legal help department - not sure if yours does. I probably would be doing the same thing - hiding him. What about leaving the tv on or a radio when you are gone? that will help cover any noise, and keep him company? I wish you much luck - sending purrshug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Oct 12 10:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:43pm PST 
Maizy eats some dry - Halo Grain-free dry will stay in her tummy. A 6lb bag is $25, but they only eat 1/8 - 1/4 cup of that total each a day. Maizy has mild IBD, so I have to watch what she eats. They all eat grain free wet food - Halo, Pro Plan classic (some types have wheat gluten, so I read them all) I was buying Friskies, but for some reason, Smitty vomits with those - just buy the best grain free that you can afford - that is what matters.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Oct 2 4:43 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 10:15am PST 
Athena that poem was lovely! I saw your post that first day, and I could not post a reply. I feel for you, I really do. And beleive me, as hard as it is to hurt so badly right now, the pain will slowly recede. I have felt guilt as you are feeling, and once I was able to really think about the quality of life my dog would have had if I did not release him, that is what helped. Imagining that pain, and that he could no longer stand up, and did not recognize us anymore -he stopped wagging his tail- those things made me realize I made the best choice. Does it still hurt? yes, but now I am able to think more fondly of the good fun times. One day, you will think less of the bad parts, and more of Flo's great life. There is no big solution, no timetable,no magic words to make it all go away - I surely wish there were. What there is though, people here that understand, that are here for support, to shed a tear with you. Those of us that have felt the loss, get it. Take it one day at a time. It sounds like you have some great friends that only want to help. The best thing is to let them in the ways you feel comfortable. One day, Flo may tap your shoulder & send you a cat that needs you. Only you & her will know the right time, if so. You gave her the ultimate gift of love - the release from pain. I recently saw a photo frame to honor a lost pet, and it says "Thanks for everything, I had a great time!" remember that is what Flo is thinking! We send you purrs & pawtaps to help heal your heart.hug hughughug The kitty quartet
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zack Beloved Angel (1995-2009), Sat 5:46 pm

Behavior & Training > 10 month old turns violent when outside. I have the scars and emotional trauma to prove it

Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:55am PST 
is he neutered? if not, that would be the first thing to do. HOnestly the more you let him wander, the worse it is going to get. If you can do an enclosure, that is the best, but if you cannot, he will have to learn to like the leash if he wants out - period. It will take time to train him, but once he realizes that is the only way he can go out, it should get better. Tigger gets to go on our enclosed screened patio, but he still wants OUT. It took a while, but he knows that he must have his leash on, and get picked up to go out. This way he usually won't try to bolt out the door. It is hard when they have a habit, but I think it is the safest way for your kitty. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > Aggresive behavior getting worse

Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:49am PST 
Was he aggressive at all before? Cats do not like change, and he is probably still trying to adjust to moving. Don't give up - If you know someone is coming over, maybe put him in a "safe room" where he will feel calm, and not have to deal with the over stimulation of people along with getting used to a new home. I would make sure that he has no health issues, but I have a feeling that he is stressed, and reacting the only way he knows how. If you too are stressed when this happens, he can sense it, and it can start a vicious circle. I am not putting blame on you - they just will react to their human's feelings too. If he likes treats, maybe try to give him a few treats before someone comes over, and then have them move slowly, and rather than try to pet him, toss a treat or two - so that he will start to associate other people with good things. This will take some time & patience. Best of luck, and please let us know how things are going.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 9:49 am

Behavior & Training > 22 year old cat starting to pee in the house

Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:43am PST 
Is it possible that he "forgets" to pee in the box? At his age, they can get forgetful. Maybe try a puppy potty pad on the spot he keeps going to. I know it does not solve it, but will make cleanup easier. Has he peed in the box prior to this? If not maybe going outside, he is more used to a flat surface. Just throwing some ideas out there. I think it is awesome that you have a kitty that is 22!happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Pablo, Aug 19 9:58 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Wed May 28, '14 2:19pm PST 
surgery went well - we won't find out about the biopsy until next week some time. keep the purrs up for good news!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Paisley, Aug 9 1:46 pm

(Page 1 of 193: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.