Postings by Louis's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > What cat food do you feed your cats?
Misty

practically- perfect in every- way

Purred: Sun Sep 19, '10 4:38am PST 
I have one kitty who will only eat dry food and one that will only eat wet!!!!I feed Misty applaws dry, royalcanin indoor cat and purina one indoor formula.All have low odour low hairball and are good to prevent urinary tract infections.Louis eats purina gourmet sachets.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Guido the Italian Kitty db 115, Dec 11 9:56 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Someone with allergies
Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Fri Aug 27, '10 7:08am PST 
My nephew has always been allegic to cats. He is a removal man and if he works in a house with cats his eyes stream and he gets a rash. We were a bit worried when he came to stay as we have two cats. Amazingly he was not allegic to either. One is a burmese the other a ragdoll. We think it must be the very soft fine coats.Ian was thrilled he even tested our burmese by rubbing his face against him with no reaction.He is now planning to get a burmese of his own.Try some different breeds yourself not all are the same and you may find one that suits you. Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fee Verte, Aug 29 8:47 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Someone with allergies

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Fri Aug 27, '10 7:08am PST 
My nephew has always been allegic to cats. He is a removal man and if he works in a house with cats his eyes stream and he gets a rash. We were a bit worried when he came to stay as we have two cats. Amazingly he was not allegic to either. One is a burmese the other a ragdoll. We think it must be the very soft fine coats.Ian was thrilled he even tested our burmese by rubbing his face against him with no reaction.He is now planning to get a burmese of his own.Try some different breeds yourself not all are the same and you may find one that suits you. Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fee Verte, Aug 29 8:47 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Looking for a clingy cat that likes to travel... ("dog-like")

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Fri Aug 27, '10 6:56am PST 
I used to have dogs and wanted a dog like cat and Louis is the best "dog" I ever owned!!Whatever I am doing he is there, gardening, making beds, reading and he sleeps at the end of my bed.He can't get enough affection and gives loads of kisses. We chat to each other and he loves to play catch and fetch.I think a Burmese like Louis would be perfect, they love everyone and get on with other pets.I would suggest getting a kitten if you want it to go to work in the car with you so it grows up with it.I know a guy who is a lorry driver and his burmese loves travelling in the cab with him.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 11:57 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > "We've Got Your Back" Photo Contest!

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Fri Jul 16, '10 3:11pm PST 
How annoying, not open to anyone outside the US !!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Umesaburo, Oct 8 9:22 am

What I Love About Catster > Let's Make New Friends
Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Tue Jul 6, '10 12:41pm PST 
I love this site for all the help and advise I have had whatever I have asked someone always comes up with a great idea. I don't know anyone in real time with the breeds I own so sharing tales or concerns with other breed owners is terrific, .Also I just love looking at everyones pictures finding out about and admiring all the different breeds.It is a great place to spend some time.
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Shade, Nov 8 9:22 pm

Kitten Corner > New Indoor Kittens - Needing A Bit Of Help!

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Tue Jul 6, '10 12:32pm PST 
Sorry did not make that clear, vet said both wet and dry should be fed for optimum health.My previous cats had both wet and dry food and lived to 17 and 19 years old keeping all their teeth and had very good health till the end. My friends older female began getting very frequent urinary tract infections vet put her on special dry food to correct this and she has been fine for the last couple of years so disagree that all dry are the same.My problem is that Louis won't touch any dry food and at only a year is getting gingivitis. I do clean his teeth but vet is still nagging me about the wet only diet.It is what his breeder started him on and he won't be changed whatever I try.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Winnie (Angel), Jul 6 2:24 pm

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 3:04pm PST 
Just to add vet told us not to feed only wet food because it is bad for their teeth and gums.My cats fought for dominance at first remember unlike dogs they are by nature solitary and prefer not to share their territory. Make sure they are well fed and don't leave food bowls around.Things have settled now they have sorted out their own special places and seem happy together greeting and cleaning each other regularly so hopefully yours will do the same.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Winnie (Angel), Jul 6 2:24 pm

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 2:53pm PST 
Hi just a few ideas. Agree that they need a scratch post but my two cats are happy sharing 1 large litter box with solids removed morning and night and a full litter change once a week wood pellets stay fresh longer and are healthier. As for toys cardboard boxes with holes cut in them or made into tunnels are great fun and can be changed cheaply for variety, crunchy bags to crawl into pingpong balls or scrunched up newspaper wrapped in foil,feathers on a string, you don't need to spend a lot use your imagination.Feed both wet and dry food.The dry food makes smaller less smely waste but check it is good for urinary tract health and designed for indoor cats.Have fun.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Winnie (Angel), Jul 6 2:24 pm

Kitten Corner > HELP PLEASE! My heart is aching should I rescue a kitten or RESCUE?
Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Sun Jun 20, '10 8:17am PST 
I put a deposit on a cute 3 week old burmese kitten a breed I had wanted to own since I was a child and settled back to wait for him when I was told about a young cat living in terrible conditions that needed rescuing.It was a dilema I had not planned for two cats I did not want to give up the kitten I was looking forward to but could not turn my back on the rescue. So we are now a two cat household and although it was tricky at first as our rescue was very nervous and the burmese rather bossy they now get on fine and are good company for each other. I am so glad to have them both I love them to bits.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Emma, Jun 21 12:53 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.