We are sad to hear about Daisy. She will forever be in our hearts rainbow

Purring for all the other sick kitties who need our prayers hug
[notify]

» There has since been 105 posts. Last posting by , Thu 5:38 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Purrs and POTP for all in the path of Sandy
Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Tue Oct 30, '12 5:21pm PST 
What a relief to see so many of our furiends here, we have been really worried about those in the path of Sandy ~ purring that everyone stays safe hug
[notify]

» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 8:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Cat Food Question

Sammy

The Red Rocker

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '12 12:25pm PST 
I used to feed Wellness Core (dry) and one of my cats (Sammy) did in fact develop urinary problems, but I acknowledge that this could have happened with any dry food. I'm sure you already know that a moist meaty diet is important for urinary health so *any dry food* can cause issues.

The Yahoo Group for FLUTD does not recommend feeding any Wellness products, wet or dry, to a cat known to have urinary problems because Wellness can/does raise urinary pH which can lead to problems. Several members who only fed Wellness wet food also reported problems with high urine pH so it may be a problem with the brand. I don't know of any studies that prove this, this is only what the group reports.

Maybe like Gump has pointed out, it may appear to be a significant number because it is one of the top selling brands. We know many cats who do very well and thrive on Wellness.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 12 12:25 pm

Cats & Travel > Need advice when traveling and leaving the cats by themselves

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 11:14am PST 
Hi Chai wave Our Mom also feels guilty whenever she has to leave us for overnight trips, I guess that goes along with being a pet parent.

We have a relative who comes by 1-2 times a day to feed us and scoop our litter boxes when the pawrents are away, and we have had a pet sitter on a couple of occasions when the relative was not available. Mom is more comfortable leaving us in the care of someone we know, but we had a good experience with the pet sitters, so we wouldn't hesitate to use one again. Don't know if you have friends with pets who can recommend a pet sitter? You can also check with your vet's office, they can often recommend someone.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 8:15 pm

Cats & Travel > cat tranquilizers and traveling

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 5:57pm PST 
Has your cat ever traveled in a car before? If not, you may want to take him on some shorter trips just to see how he does in the car. Two of my cats do fine on car trips and do not need to be medicated at all, the other two get a little nervous, so I spray some Feliway on their bedding in their carriers before the trip. I have also used Rescue Remedy which can be effective.

You may have to experiment a little to find what works. I would only consider a sedative from the vet if it were absolutely necessary. You may be surprised and find out he does fine in the car. Don't forget to bring some favorite toys and his blankie in the carrier so he has some familiar smells. Happy travels to you and your kitty wave
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 19 6:28 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12
Sammy

The Red Rocker

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 2:30pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss cry Bumpurr was such a handsome boy, I'm glad he knew he was so loved. I've seen many posts from Bumpurr in the forums and it is obvious that you are a very caring and loving Cat Mom. We send you many hugs and purrs. hughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 60 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 6:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Discussion: Is too much love a bad thing?

Sammy

The Red Rocker

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 7:40pm PST 
I don't agree at all with your co-workers. It is not acceptable to throw things at your cats, and in my opinion, that is a form of animal abuse.

Secondly, I don't believe that loving and giving lots of attention to your animals is spoiling them. All my cats have different moods, and sometimes they do act needy and follow me around when they want attention. I give them extra love and attention when they demand it, and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, that is one of the things I love so much about them and I enjoy giving and receiving affection from them.

You sound like a very caring cat Mom, and I probably wouldn't share anymore stories about Hunter with them if that is the advice they are giving you.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 21 10:11 am

Plus Contests > Question about the worlds coolest comp.

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 2:24pm PST 
We're disappointed that the contest is postponed, or possibly canceled, but do agree with HQ that they need to fix all the bugs in this website. This place has become a ghost town lately, I think a lot of kitties got very frustrated and left frown

Leo, that is a pawsome idea about giving all us of some extra zealies for the holidays. What a great way to spread some cheer and get members active again! I think I will send that suggestion to HQ right now! way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 23 12:25 pm

Cat Health > FLUTD

Sammy

The Red Rocker

Purred: Sat Oct 29, '11 4:03pm PST 
Hi Roush wave

In addition to the excellent website that Gump has mentioned, you may want to join this group - http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/FLUTD/.

I was recently diagnosed with FLUTD, too, and we have found a wealth of information in this Yahoo group. In addition to getting me on an all wet food diet, we are working on some natural ways to reduce my stress. You probably know that stress plays a major role in FLUTD as well as diet.

I'm glad you are doing well with your all wet food diet, keep it up way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 31 8:19 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Can I have purrs & potp for my mom?
Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 7:14am PST 
Hi Lacey,
I'm so sorry that your Mommy has had this problem cry Unfortunately there are some doctors out there who are just not well trained to manage pain. It's really a specialty area and not everyone has the education and training to do it well. Glad your Mom found someone she is comfortable with and who is helping her cheer

Continued purrs for her to feel better!

hughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Nov 9 5:41 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.