Postings by Timmy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Maine Coon > Feedback regarding having an indoor only maine coon
Timmy

Purred: Fri Jan 22, '10 6:30pm PST 
I am inviting feedback from maine coon owners and breeders regarding their thoughts on having an indoor only maine coon. I've researched the breed and my understanding is that they were first found hundreds of years ago in rural, mountainous regions in Maine. Therefore they developed the size and tufts and intellect to survive because they were not domestic and lived off the land. My understanding is that rural farmers first started taking these big intelligent cats into their homes to catch mice and developed a love/passion for them. So I am struggling with the notion of never allowing these big beautiful creatures to be in touch with their roots. Wouldn't it even be instictual that they would want to be outdoors in light of their history. Any ideas, suggestions, stories, would be helpful in me making a decision regarding my future maine coons
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by gracie tatanka, Sep 26 12:51 pm

Maine Coon > Maine Coon breeders Colorado
Tango

Purred: Mon Jan 18, '10 6:31am PST 
I recently lost my Maine Coon due to an unforeseen accident. Does anyone know Maine Coon breeders in Colorado?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tango, Jan 18 6:31 am

Maine Coon > Any suggestions of helping my new maine coon baby adjust to his new environment

Tango

Purred: Sat Apr 18, '09 9:14am PST 
Tango was just adopted. I've kept him isolated in my bedroom with bathroom. He cried off and on all night even when he slept with me and even if I was there with him. I realize that he is missing his siblings and family. Anything that I can do different to help him feel more at home. He is also partially blind in his right eye from a virus that he had shortly after birth. I'm not sure if this handicap may affect him more or not.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tango, Apr 18 9:14 am

Maine Coon > Do I look more maine coon or Norwegian Forest Cat

Timmy

Purred: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:06pm PST 
We are in the process of adopting a pure bred main coone from a cattery. When I visited I definitely noticed that Timmy shares the same prominent nose and long torso. He does appear to be more ferret like in his weight and structure and I don't think that he will get as big as the pure breds. However, I could definitely see some similar characteristics now that I visited the cattery. Timmy is still the most docile cat I have ever met. When he wants attention he gets up on the counter and will hug your arm with his paws. If on the floor he hugs your legs!! He still begs for treats and I cannot drag a feather toy fast enough without him pouncing on it. Sometimes he sits on his back two feet like a squirrel when he cleans his face or he hears a new noise!! He is a quirky, lovable, wonderful cat regardless of whether he has a little MC or not!! We love him!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Li'l Devil, Mar 8 7:01 am

Maine Coon > HELP!! ANY ADVICE WELCOME

Timmy

Purred: Sun Mar 15, '09 6:23pm PST 
Thanks! The vet gave me a topical solution to apply daily for 4 WEEKS!! I look terrible right now as all the places on my face where I was infected has caused me to lose my hair!! I know it will grow back in time and I hope that I am never exposed to this again!! Luckily none of my humans have caught it and the vet said it is actually less contagious to adults than children. Thanks for the website reference too!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Timmy, Mar 15 6:23 pm

Maine Coon > HELP!! ANY ADVICE WELCOME
Timmy

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 7:18pm PST 
I have had cats for 40 years now and never experienced ring worms until now. i just adopted a wonderful mix breed, possibly part maine coon, and he has ring worm all over his face!!! The vet said that it is common and that it is just one of those things that can happen. Any suggestions? - I am not letting the kids touch him; I wash after I pet him; I am keeping the other kids from him; anything else?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Timmy, Mar 15 6:23 pm

Maine Coon > Check out my new photos!

Timmy

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 5:25pm PST 
Roxy rocks!! My first four legged baby, Tig, sat nicely for his picture with Santa and then batted the heck out of his beard 5- 10 times, causing Santa to drop him and three of us to try to get him back into his carrier!! Needless to say, we never did a photo shoot again!! She is absolutely beautiful!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Timmy, Mar 10 5:25 pm

Timmy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 5:11pm PST 
Thanks Smokie for your input. I am leaning more towards having a little MC and more domestic cat heritage. From owning a maine coon previously I don't have the fascination with water and I seem a lot more doscile than my previus sibling who was into everything and followed my human like a dog. I do like to be in the same room as my owner, but I just enjoy lying nearby.I have learned t0 beg for treats but don't fetch, play chase, or unlock doors like my previous sibling. But I am well loved and cared for by humans! I have the silkiest hair of any other cat my owner owned. It doesn't seem to mat and everyone just loves to pet me!! Thanks again for all the wonderful information!!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Li'l Devil, Mar 8 7:01 am

Timmy

Purred: Sat Mar 7, '09 4:44pm PST 
I know that I am certainly a mix and that is a possibility. If so I must have had a big longhaired parent because my feet are really big and heavily tufted, more so on the back than the front. They must have had really big ears too, because mine look like satellites. My skin is also silky soft and longer on the neck and bottom than on the top. I guess as I grow some of my traits may become mor apparent so that I can discern whether I am a domestic long hair or some type of maine coon, Norwegian mix. Thanks for the imput!!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Li'l Devil, Mar 8 7:01 am

Norwegian Forest Cat > what about me? am i a wegie?
Timmy

Purred: Wed Mar 4, '09 5:42pm PST 
He could be Siberian or Maine Coon. They are al big cats, with maine coons leading the pack in weight. They are all intelligent, talkers, active, and love their humans. The primary difference seems to be in the shape of their face and their ears, as they all have tufted ears and feet. I am still trying to figure out all the differences myself. You may want to google the characteristics for all three and see what one seems to fit. So far he really looks maine coon to me. He is a big beautiful boy. They are extremely loyal to their people and dog like in behavior. I just lost a big 25 pound, 15 year old boy. Congratulations on your new addition
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 12 1:19 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.