Postings by Santana's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Behavior & Training > Cat won't cover up her waste!!!
Santana

Best CFA cream- smoke 2010

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 1:40pm PST 
I have 2 cats and none of them covers their business. I don't have any smell though because they are on raw diet. Santana is a whole male, so sometimes his pee stinks if I pass litterbox right after he went. I got littermate litter additive (http://www.littermate.com/) and it definitely works purrrfect. It is expensive but it lasts forever and probably would worth the money if my cats weren't on raw diet and I had the odor problems.

I use Fresh Step litter but with littermate breeders usually get the cheapest litter, it really makes wonders with litter.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Callie, Jun 27 12:10 am

Cat Health > Non-productive "hairball" cough...
Julian

CFA Regional- Winner 2009-2010

Purred: Fri Jun 4, '10 4:34pm PST 
Back from the vet, it's laringitissmile. No bronchitis, no asthma - thanks God! We still did x-ray (I asked, in order to rule out anything more serious) and it came out just fine.

I asked vet about asthma and he said at once "no" - with asthma they have trouble to get the air out and not "in" or something like that.

Julian is not vocal at all, he mews very, very rarely, so I still have no idea whether he lost his mew or his mew changed - he is just a serioussmile and silent cat.

Julian will be taking antibiotics for a week, this should help (paws crossed).

He says thank you all very much for your responses!

PS. Neither Julian nor Santana ever had hairballs. Like I said in the beginning of my post they do not groom themselves and I believe on raw diet they are not suppose to have them anyway. My previous cat had one hairball in his life when he was 7 years old but I didn't bath him often (only before shows), so he groomed himself, at least from time to time.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sylvester, Jun 11 11:31 am

Julian

Purred: Fri Jun 4, '10 9:26am PST 
Thank you very much, guys!

I'm at work and can't watch video, have to wait until I get home...

I made an appointment with the vet for 3 p.m. tonight, fingers crossed...
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sylvester, Jun 11 11:31 am

Julian

Purred: Fri Jun 4, '10 7:51am PST 
Hi!

It started a few days ago when Julian was trying to throw up a hairball (looked like that to me) and nothing came out. None of my cats ever had any hairballs - maybe because I bathe and blowdry them once or twice a week and they don't groom themselves, maybe because of raw diet, maybe both, I don't know.

Anyway - otherwise Julian looked healthy and his usual self - he was playing, running, eating, drinking, using litterbox etc., so I didn't think it could be something serious.

Yesterday my boyfriend was at my place and told me to take Julian to a vet because he didn't think it was "hairball" but he thought it looked like lung problems or so. Sure I got scared to death and googled and found out it could be asthma, heart problems, lungs problems etc.

I'll try to get him to the vet today but most probably they won't consider it emergency and I may have appointment for only next week... and I'm dying from fear for my cat.

Could somebody tell me what to expect? He has this cough attacks and my boyfriend listened to his chest and said he heard "wheesing" but nothing else seems to be wrong - he is active, in healthy weight, his appetite seems to get even encreased lately, no shortage of breath or panting...

Thank you!
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Sylvester, Jun 11 11:31 am

Grooming > Cat shampoo for humans?

Julian

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 1:02pm PST 
I have no problems using cat products on my head, so far didn't have any problems with it.

My hair is very fine and oily - I just wash it every day and it solves all problems. Honestly, I'm not sure shampoos make lots of difference on my hair but conditioners do. Lately I use Pantene or Fantasia shampoos on my hair and then conditioner (prefer "hair mask" types), and I'm sure that even if I don't wash hair daily it will still look good at least next day.

Long ago once I tried to use dish detergent on my hair. It was after nose job and they didn't let me wash hair for quite a few days after surgery, and my hair got really greasy. I would never ever use it again. I have long hair and I probably spent hours trying to comb it and pulled quite a bit of hair.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Aug 17 8:01 pm

Grooming > Matts Matts and more Matts!
Julian

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 7:56am PST 
Bumpurr, furrriendsmile, congratulations on wonderful ending of show season!!!!

I quit smoking 3+ years ago on Wellbutrin (love it!), didn't smoke for over 2 years, then I had huge stress and started again. My boyfriend doesn't know I smoke (and I don't want to worry him), I don't smoke on week-ends and when I'm at work (my coworkers also don't know) but I do smoke after work and sometimes in the morning with a cup of coffeecry

I plan to quit totally this week though, I feel I am ready for that, so we'll be real "bruders"smile
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Meoki, Jun 25 8:29 pm

Julian

Purred: Sat May 22, '10 5:15pm PST 
Bumpurr, furrriend, where have you been???? We missed you badly and couldn't find anywhere! And belated congratulations with being Cat of the Day!cheer

You said everything better than me (as alwayslaugh out loud) - "great minds think alike"cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Meoki, Jun 25 8:29 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Allergy Concern (Russian Blue)

Santana

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 12:48pm PST 
As another poster said here it's not hair but saliva. I have 2 persian cats and I bathe them often and they hardly ever groom themselves- I do it for themlaugh out loud. My friends who are allergic to cats can pet my cats as long as they want and be around them without even thinking of any allergic reactions.

I bath my cats in kitchen sink using sprayer and I have special Metro blowdryer that dries their coats really fast (but doesn't dry out their hair). Show baths are another story but just regular baths are easy and do not take much time or efforts. And my persians have tons of coat!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hermoine, Jun 7 10:42 pm

Santana

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 11:06am PST 
Oh, I sure agree with previous poster about getting all knots and matts out before bathing, did this mistake once with my cream smoke with extremely long cottony coat... it was terriblesmile.

Also, if you decide to bath a cat don't forget to trim his nailssmile. Even with my mellow persians who were showed and got bathed twice a week for a year or so accidential scratches on my skin happen if I forget to trim their nails.
[notify]

» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Meoki, Jun 25 8:29 pm

Julian

Purred: Thu May 20, '10 7:57am PST 
First I'd try to find the way to prevent matts from forming. It may be grease (do you bath him with degreaser?), food (mine eat raw), wrong products for bathing etc.

I have several greyhound combs and many other "staff" that one who is showing persians is supposed to have... I do not comb my cats daily, I rarely do it and they do not develop knots or matts. And their coats are really very long. But I bathe them once a week and degrease their coats.

If I feel a knot with my hands I first work it through with my fingers, then I may use facial ("flea") comb.
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Meoki, Jun 25 8:29 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.