Postings by Moo's Family

GO!

Catster Railroad > Did You Know There Are Too Many Kittens Down South and Not Enough Up North?

Moo

Moo the Menace- (and Lovebug)

Purred: Sat Mar 23, '13 6:54am PST 
Hi BK and Beatrice!

The rescues I have worked with have told me they have waiting lists for adoptable kittens - meaning adoptable age, healthy babies.

They sure do have plenty of adult cats! But I guess during the winter months, the strays aren't feeling as frisky so there isn't as many kittens. I think it is also worse in some areas than others.

Some places are excellent at TNR, and those places are the ones that see the most "shortage" of kittens during these times. Spay/neuter is the way to go!

But if a shelter does have a waiting list for kittens (and there are ones that do!), then best to save some from somewhere, anywhere. I just happen to live in South Florida, so those are the animal controls I work with.

I wrote this hoping to inspire others to do the same and think about moving kittens around to where there are less numbers. It is true -- NY is awful, and so are many other places. Perhaps a system like this could help there as well!

No need to think of just certain cities of places. Just where there is need or room for a few furry paws to be safe and get the time they need to find the forever homes they deserve. Thanks for reading and commenting. Hope this helps it makes more sense!

--Dorian (and Pimp and Moo!)
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 1:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help The Santa Paws Drive Send Shelter Cats Holiday Presents!
Pimp

Pimpin' all over- the world!

Purred: Wed Dec 12, '12 4:37am PST 
Thanks for sharing our mom's Santa Paws Drive with everyone! Purrrrrr!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pimp, Dec 12 4:37 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.