Postings by Soda's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > SURVEY **What Do You Think About Catster**
Blade- (2000-2010)

BE RESPONSIBLE,- SPAY AND NEUTER!

Purred: Sat Jan 18, '14 8:51am PST 
Make it how it used to be, before it changed then started getting neglected. Bring back the ORIGINAL Catster!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 16 1:40 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Stray or Outdoor Cat?? Help!
Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Fri Jan 10, '14 6:25pm PST 
If the cat shows up again, you could put a paper collar on the cat and write on it, asking the owners to call you. See on the following page for information about paper collars http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/helpandadvice/straycats
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Blade (2000-2010), Jan 10 6:25 pm

Cat Health > Cor pulmonale/enlarged cat heart due to chronic asthma

Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 7:09pm PST 
I can also recommend to join the Yahoo group "felineasthma_inhaledmeds" because the group is run by people who are very knowledgeable on getting feline asthma under control and a world expert in feline respiratory medicine, Dr. Philip Padrid, is also a member and sometimes answers questions.

As far as I know, the only way of helping the right sided heart failure is by getting the breathing problems under control. Unfortunately we couldn't do that with Blade but that was 3 years ago - there maybe new treatments out there. I know that you can find more information on Feline Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis if you Google it now that you could 3 years ago.
Good luck, I hope you can find a way of helping your cat get better.
purrs ~
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Sep 6 11:59 am

Cat Health > Cor pulmonale/enlarged cat heart due to chronic asthma

Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 6:06pm PST 
I'm sorry your cat is having to go through this. Being as he isn't responding to the asthma treatments in the way you'd expect, he may not have actual 'asthma'. Cats usually respond very well to the inhaled medications for asthma.
Asthma is what they thought my cat Blade had and what he was treated for (he started with a little cough too), but it was more likely Feline Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, which displays the same symptoms as 'asthma' but doesn't respond to the typical asthma treatments that you have been using. The lungs turn fibrous and stop working properly and it most likely has a genetic factor. Maybe ask your vet about that or try to find a vet who has a special interest in feline respiratory disease as some vets don't know about it.
If you look at Blade's diary on his catster page, there's some articles about Feline Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Sep 6 11:59 am

Cat Health > Hair loss, lesions, and itchy on Alethea

Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Thu Jul 11, '13 5:54pm PST 
My friend's cat had a mystery lesion that wouldn't heal on her face and it was coming from an infected tooth root - so it was working it's way outwards if you know what I mean. Just another option you could check out, although it's probably unlikely.
Purrs - Blade
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 11 9:22 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Tigga- (1996-2013)

The Chemist

Purred: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:56am PST 
Thank you to everyone who purred for my mum's cat Tigga. Tigga had a very fast growing tumor in his stomach which was possibly related to some other kind of internal malignancy. The dramatic case of paraneoplastic alopecia which he developed in the last week of his life was a sign that the cancer was already spreading in his body. The vet and my mum thought it was best to help Tigga to Rainbow Bridge as he was beginning to suffer. We're thankful that at least it was only a short illness - one month before he seemed fine, apart from having a follicular infection on his chin, then he rapidly developed lots of different symptoms all at once. Thank you for all your support! hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19763.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Tigga- (1996-2013)

The Chemist

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 5:51pm PST 
Thanks for the purrs. All test results have been good - I've got 'good blood' for a 15 year old, the vet says! Just waiting for the thyroid test result which seems the most likely condition I might have.shrug
[notify]

» There has since been -19745.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Cat Health > Asthmatic Cat- Alternive to inhaler while we go on vacation?

Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:48pm PST 
Could your vet give him a long lasting steroid injection to cover the duration of your absence - then you go back to the inhaler as soon as you return? I know the inhaler is a safer long term treatment but at least you'd know that any inflammation was under control while you were away. I personally think a one- off steroid injection is quite safe - it's when they're given repeatedly over a long period of time that side effects become an issue.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Charlie, Jan 24 9:53 pm

Cat Health > drastic change in meow

Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Tue Oct 2, '12 2:54pm PST 
Yes, Blade once had this. His voice got hoarser over a couple of days until he lost it completely and could only manage a silent meow. He was also gagging and had trouble swallowing his dried food. He may also have had a slightly high temperature but I can't remember as it was some years ago. When we took him to the vets, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection and an antibiotic injection and he started to recover really quickly - he was back to normal again within a day or two. The vet told us that cats can get laryngitis, just as humans can.
Hope Tigger is better soon!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 4 3:35 pm

Cat Health > cats/asthma/new food/dandruff?
Blade- (2000-2010)

Purred: Fri Sep 14, '12 6:25pm PST 
Firstly, often the trigger for feline asthma is never identified. While you're trying to identify triggers, the important thing is to focus on controlling the inflammation in the airways because uncontrolled inflammation = more coughing/wheezing and more coughing/wheezing = more inflammation in the tiny airways a cat has. Eventually, permanent scarring to the airways will occur.
The best treatment for feline asthma is inhaled medications (inhalers), as they have far less side effects as the drugs are directed straight to the lungs and a much smaller dose is given than with oral medications.
I myself don't know if food allergies can cause feline asthma but I suppose it could be possible, although I don't believe it's a a common cause.
I strongly recommend joining the yahoo groups for feline asthma, particularly 'felineasthma_inhaledmeds' as they have members who are very knowledgeable and experienced with all aspects of feline asthma.
As far as Omega 3 supplement goes - I don't think it will do any harm at all or mask any bigger problems.

Hope your 2nd opinion vet is experienced in feline respiratory issues, as they can be hard to find.
Purrs ~ Blade
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sammie, Sep 19 6:09 pm

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.