Postings by mIcHiS's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > orphaned kitten help :(
mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '12 8:13am PST 
we found a kitten two days ago in the rain , near the road. saved it from getting hit by a car. its a month old, at the very most. i was stupid and fed it alot of meat and milk the first day because it was all skin and bones and then of course it developed bloody diarrhea. i fed it children's electrolyte drink , which my adult cat has taken for dyhdration. as of right now , his stools are firmer and no more blood since yesterday morning. he was fine yesterday, but i notice that he does not want to eat his dry kitten food. he loves chicken but im scared of upsetting his tummy even more. but he is not eating enough since he hates the kitten food. also , he seems uncomfortable when he has to go to the bathroom , crying and sort of dragging himself on the ground-could he have worms? before he used to cover his poop like a normal cat but since yesterday he's been pooping and then running out of his litterbox like his life depends on it. what age can kittens get dewormed? also , can i feed it lactose free milk? im just trying to get it to eat something and perk up. im worried but i wont be able to take it to the vet until later on today , so any advice beforehand would be welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 19 9:25 am

Cat Health > odd kitten behavior...scared it might be rabies
oUtdOoR- kItTeHs!!!

Indoor life is- sooooo out.

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 10:54am PST 
there's good news and bad news. the kitten's mom and siblings have been found , they live in a parking lot in the neighborhood across the street from mine, how that tiny kitten got from there to here , I don't know, we found his family just in time too, I have a feeling he wouldn't have lived much longer alone. I can see why he's so feisty it's a genetics thing , his mom hissed and ran away as soon as she saw us. we left him with his 2 siblings and his mom was under a nearby car , I'm sure she found him. the bad news is that the happy reunion will be short lived, this afternoon , they plan to catch the queen and her entire litter and "get rid of them". that means driving out to some remote place in the country and dumping them , I'm sure. I offered as an alternative spaying the queen and even offered to lend them my cage to catch her. they said they'd think about it. the admin and residents are fed up because apparently that queen has been having kittens for years in that neighborhood. i hope they have a bit of compassion left in them and will chose spaying over dumping them in the country.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by oUtdOoR kItTeHs!!!, Jun 22 10:54 am

oUtdOoR- kItTeHs!!!

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 10:12am PST 
thanks for the responses but like i said , I've handled feral kittens before and none of them have lashed out at me. They're more likely to cower and hisss , not to swipe out at me. He;s not actually indoors, my cat would stress him out even more and he's probably crawling with fleas that he'd leave inside. Also i have nowhere to keep him (I live in a really small apartment)so he's ina cardboard box with a towel inside it outside, close by. The weather is pretty warm , he's ok. I wish I could take him inside but even if i did I think he's going to die. I just came back in from using a syringe and some warm milk to coax him to drink. He didn't ddrink one drop and his head is trembling and he seems almost stunned , he won't move voluntarily and he wont sniff at milk in front of his nose, nothing. He's refused to eat for over 12 hours now , and I know such a small kitten can't go so long without food. I don't want him to die slowly of starvation but right now I don't have money to take him to the vet's and all the shelters nearby are overflowing with abandoned pets and won't take one more (I've been calling all yesterday and today). I feel so helpless, I've never seen a kitten just give up like that.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by oUtdOoR kItTeHs!!!, Jun 22 10:54 am

oUtdOoR- kItTeHs!!!

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 6:14am PST 
ok I don't want to jump to conclusions but so far 2 different people have told me this kitten might have rabies , admittedly , neither of them know much about cats but still, this kitten is acting really wierd. he was found last night wandering on the street. about a month old. he is very agressive for a kitten , and I've handled ferals before. When he sees a person near him , even ifthey aren't touching him he starts hissing and spitting at them and does the same if he sees other cats. I left him last night in a box with a towel , he hasn't moved from there and does nthing but cry and cry. it breaks my heart. still, he refues meat , milk, cat food , pretty much anything. its also pretty hard to pick him up he starts hissing and swiping his paws at anyone who tries. he's not unapproachable but he sure is a little spit fire! He's not drooling or foaming at the mouth or anything but he acts really wierd for such a young kitten. so far , I haven't seen any bite wounds or wounds in general on him and the feral cat population here has never presented a case of rabies but still...we have lots of bats and that's my main worry. I don't think I really believe in my heart of hearts he has rabies but after 2 people suggested it to me , they put the doubt in my head and I guess I'm just seeking an explaination for this wierd behavior...
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by oUtdOoR kItTeHs!!!, Jun 22 10:54 am

Laws & Legislation > stop the killing of cats in Puerto Rico

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Mon May 10, '10 4:39pm PST 
I would start a petiton but realisticly I don't think it's going to change anything , because its usually fairly poor and ignorant people that do it , in the "shadier" neighborhoods. I doubt they even have internet access and no petiton is going to make them stop killing kitties cry In neighborhoods like mine, which are upper middle class , people are much more cultured and although ferals are removed from my neighborhood , they are never, ever poisoned or acutally harmed , just dumped. And nobody every suggests they be killed , and mcuh less in such a cruel way. my mom's part of the neighborhood's administrative council so she has the inside info on what they're planning to do with the cats and stuff.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by PopTart, Jun 9 8:38 am

Laws & Legislation > stop the killing of cats in Puerto Rico
mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sat Apr 24, '10 11:11am PST 
this is a very emotional subject for me because the same theing goes in on my country , colombia. isn't there a petiton for colombia? indeed I know people that loved and cared for starys and were devastated when they were poisoned , both dogs and cats. its mostly normal people that do it , though , not the goverment. still , I think its horrible and I don't know how people can be so heartless. I signed.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by PopTart, Jun 9 8:38 am

Kitten Corner > URGENT.Help with kitten potty training!!!

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Wed Apr 21, '10 6:20pm PST 
now they've changed her name to lulu. oh well , at least it's universal. and my cousin convinced her mom to keep the litter box for a few months , until she's older. she's really cute and loves water and the dog. she drinks water from the dog's bowl and they even sleep together. I sense the begining of a beautiful relationship smilesmile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 7:00pm PST 
oh I forgot to mention , its a female (they think) and they called her estrella which is pronounced " estresha" and mean " star" in spanish.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 2:43pm PST 
update: my cousin got the kitten a plastic bucket and some sand and he's doing his stuff in there , and my aunt says she likes the kitten , but she wishes he didn't need a litterbox. I told her it was temporary and told my cousin to move it gradually closer to the door everyday , until it was outside. I gave her one of michis' old collars and some toys she doesn't play with anymore for her new baby. it looks like heverything is working out fine , and I plan on going there this weekend , I'll get some pics if I can!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sun Apr 18, '10 12:03pm PST 
maybe I shouldn't have generalized " the U.S" because I know there are many irresponsible pet owners there, too. but in general people are much more educated about pets. maybe just catster. the people on here really see their cats as their babies , most of them. the kitten won't be an outdoor cat, he'll live inside , but he needs to go potty outside. gracie , thats brilliant , I just remebered we once bought a litterbox for michis, and she never used it (she goes potty outside , too). I still have it. I think i'll give it to her. i know this kitty is just a baby , and if he were mine i would have a lot more patience with him but my aunt is very busy and doesn't have a lot of patience for animals. We were all shocked when she allowed my cousin to keep the kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.