Postings by Chessie 6/2004-12/2009's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My sweet Chessie went over the rainbow bridge today.
Chessie - 6/2004-12/20- 09

I'm a mama cat- even though I'm- a boy.

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 1:50pm PST 
He was diagnosed with FIP. We are going to miss him he was the most loving kitty I've ever known.

I was with him when he passed. I had brought a blanket from home for him to lay on.

I'm so sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Dec 22 7:17 pm

Domestic Shorthair > What color am I?
Chessie - 6/2004-12/20- 09

I'm a mama cat- even though I'm- a boy.

Purred: Sat Dec 5, '09 10:20am PST 
A black (looks spotted) tabby with white. The color is based on the color of the stripes, not the color in between.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Caramello, Jul 10 1:59 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Mommy has a name

Foster Sweet- Pea &- Kittens

I'll be glad- when the kids- are weaned!

Purred: Thu May 28, '09 5:02am PST 
I have to get names approved (does no one trust me?). Mamma kitty is now officially Sweet Pea since she is such a sweetie. I wish I could keep her but I gots me a full house.

I have to pick out names that begin with S for the kittens but I like to wait until they are older and I can tell them apart!! MOL

kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foster Sweet Pea & Kittens, May 28 5:02 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Abandoned cat at my house

Purred: Thu May 28, '09 4:51am PST 
This is always a good reason to have a large dog crate handy with some small litter boxes. I work rescue and foster sick kitties that need medications. We put them in crates with a bed made of the bottom half of a carrier and a small litterbox that is changed out completely daily. The bonus is I don't have to do a "search and rescue" when medication time comes. I can also monitor their stool and intake.

Once he's all patched up you can put him up for adoption. Call your local rescues now and get on their list. Have the vet scan for a microchip also.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foster Sweet Pea & Kittens, May 28 4:51 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > making a discreet 'home' for an outside cat

Purred: Thu May 28, '09 4:22am PST 
I have lots of experience caring for ferals who were not as friendly. I didn't have to hide them since I live in a house.

In any case.

Use a storage tote as shelter. A small hole that can't be seen by others (an outside tote to make it look like your storage). I think this was mentioned. I used to put a heating pad in it in the winter on the bottom of the bedding. Make the hole by heating an exacto knife. Cuts them like butter. Use gloves.

I'd use a second similar object for food since I developed quite a racoon issue by feeding the ferals outdoors. Best yet feed her canned that she'll eat quickly. I resolved this raccoon issue by trapping them and releasing them elsewhere and getting dogs. The dogs were just a bonus. Unfortunately, it also got rid of the ferals (they left).

A humane trap to take her to be spayed. Go to a low cost spay and neuter or find out if a organization gives out vouchers. The only thing I paid for for the feral and her three female kittens were the pain shots.

If she is a feral she is a good hunter. Don't worry too much about the food in the summer. The feral I cared for was around here for about 8 years. Old for a feral. She was fat as a sausage at the end so I'm guessing I wasn't the only one leaving out food.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foster Sweet Pea & Kittens, May 28 4:22 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Needs a new quiet home or foster
Mercedes - Adopted

Doen't anyone- realize I'm- royalty?

Purred: Fri May 22, '09 1:49pm PST 
A few years ago my daughter rescued 2 Himalayans. One she adopted out and one she couldn't find a home for. I still have her and she isn't a happy camper. We really want to find her a home where she is an only cat. We would be thrilled to place her in a foster home where she is one of few if not only pet.

Read on for the full story.

My daughter lived next to a couple. The wife had 5 or 6 Himalayans living in her basement. When the couple got divorced the husband kept the cats but ended up kicking them out of the house. These cats were terrified having not see people or the outdoors. My daughter took months trying to lure the cats closer to her house by feeding them. In the end all disappeared but 2, she found one a home. They were so skittish that, once in her home, I didn't see the girl for months. She has come a long way. I don't have problems trimming her and she shows up in the living areas every so often however it seems like every cat in the house picks on her.

She is older, we have no idea how old. When my daughter first brought her in her house she had to get rid of some nasty matting even up her tail. Her tail never grew back fully.

I am willing to transport with in a reasonable distance from Cincinnati or with transport help, just about anywhere.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tabitha, May 28 10:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Fostering new mommy.

Purred: Fri May 15, '09 12:51pm PST 
I'm just so excited to have a new mommy here. The kittens are so small and sweet. I decided to make them their own page.

Mom is a beautiful silver classic tabby. Very trusting with her kittens and is just a sweetie. I know she'll be adopted once she's available.

dancing
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tabitha, May 26 9:52 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I need some help w/ a 3 week old kitten

Purred: Fri May 15, '09 12:48pm PST 
If she is pooping she doesn't have a blockage. Your used to her going all the time with diarrhea. Take a deep breath.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 17 12:28 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > FOSTER KITTENS WITH BACK LEG DEFORMITIES

Purred: Fri May 15, '09 12:45pm PST 
I'd be surprised if all the kittens had the same deformity. You could take one to the vet to see if there is an issue. Do you have pictures?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by QUINCY, May 17 4:47 pm

Kitten Corner > We have special guests at our house!!

Purred: Fri May 15, '09 12:33pm PST 
Mom decided to make Mamma kitty and her kittens a page of their own!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foster Sweet Pea & Kittens, May 15 12:33 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.