Postings by Tup Tim's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 12:01am PST 
There are no words to make you feel better - only time will heal your heart and soul.
Sending you healing thoughts, love, and hopes that you feel better soon.
Huggs and Purrs.
Purrcy (now an ANGEL) and his Mumma
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Tue 10:15 am

Kitten Corner > Wife brought home kitten
Bou Haki ~- Angel~- always loved

Purred: Mon Aug 18, '14 11:45pm PST 
Sorry 2nd poster you are out of line with your response.
In every household each responsible adult has a right to say what may or may not be a part of the family.
Unfortunately the first poster is stuck being the "BAD GUY".
It is sad that the children and the kitten are going to be hurt because it sounds like the kitten will not stay in this family very long.
Please people -THINK - before you bring a animal into a family situation without talking to your partner first.
That's all I will say about this sad situation.
Huggs,
Purrcy
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bou Haki ~ Angel~ always loved, Mon 11:45 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Is a Singapura right for me?

Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '14 1:03am PST 
Why not get your Singapura kitten and find a shelter kitten (around the same age and size as a companion?
Just a thought...
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jack, Jul 12 12:09 am

Cat Health > Kitty may have cancer-very scared

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '14 7:03pm PST 
Thank you for the update. Yes, cherish the time you have - how often do we forget that!
Am thinking of you and Mindy - please do let us know how she is and what treatment she may receive.
And yes - keep your faith intact. No matter what you and Mindy will be reunited someday. And don't forget that Mindy will be watching over you - she will send another kitty to love and cherish you when you are ready for that - I know that sounds trite, but it does happen. Purrcy sent me two beautiful boys for me to love (and to love me) several months after he passed on.
I think he sent two because one kitten could never have filled my heart and his mighty paws.
Many hugs
Purrcy and his mumma
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mindy, Jul 7 1:21 am

Behavior & Training > Aggressive and possibly Overprotective

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '14 6:27pm PST 
Okay...So who is really in charger here? Daniel? or his mama?
I really think you need to separate these cats and do a reintroduction and Daniel is the one that needs to be isolated some how and some way.
Solomon is described as "weak" and "hurt". Daniel sounds like a bully - so who do you protect? Solomon! Who needs to be bolstered up and have his self esteem boosted? Not Daniel!
I'm assuming that both of these boys are neutered. If not...well get it done right away.
Some cats are timid but that doesn't mean that an alpha cat should be allowed to hurt them. The alpha/aggressor needs to learn that his/her behavior IS NOT acceptable. And that means that YOU have to intercede and make it right.
Getting yourself scratched up is NOT acceptable. You need to separate these boys and begin a new regimen...where you are the alpha cat and they are NOT.
I agree with your vet - drugs will not change the behavior - and it is not RIGHT to drug any one to make them behave. You need to figure out a way to help these two poor cats to get along or re-home one or the other.
What is happening is not healthy or fair to you, the cats, and the rest of your household.
Sorry this sounds harsh. I wish you the best of luck in resolving this terrible problem.
Many purrs for you and your clowder
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 2:07pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear of the poor prognosis. This is just the hardest thing any cat parent has to go through - and it hurts.
If you think Mindy is still happy with you, then I think she probably is. If you can continue to hand feed her - keep going!
Most cats let you know when it is time for them to leave and cross to the Bridge.
Purrcy let me know but it was still one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
I would not go back to the vet who was rough with her. Continue to talk with your regular vet and see if treatment helps her be more comfortable. It may have to be on a day to day basis.
We as pet parents know at the very beginning of bringing our beloved furchidren into our hearts that chances are we will outlive them. It is our responsibility to keep them as safe and happy as we can.
You will be sad when Mindy leaves you and you will grieve. I know that you feel you can't survive her leaving you, but you will, trust me.
We are here to help you and you can turn to us.
Biggest hugs
Purrcy and his Mumma
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mindy, Jul 7 1:21 am

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Mon Jun 2, '14 2:45pm PST 
We're so sorry that Mindy is not feeling well - we will keep our paws crossed for you. Please let us know how she is doing!
Best hugs and purrs -
Purrcy and Purrcy's mumma
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Mindy, Jul 7 1:21 am

Cats & Travel > 8 hours is it all that bad?

Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Mon Jun 2, '14 2:17pm PST 
I travel regularly with my 2 boys. I started when they were very young, but I have a kennel in the back of my car complete with a bed, a litter pan and a perch. They crab a little a first and then they settle down. We've never driven more than 4 hours from home, though.I do not offer food and water while we are traveling because they get carsick.
I think 8 hours in a carrier might be a bit excessive, for a young cat. Could you provide the cat with a bit more space? Maybe a very large carrier that a small litter pan would fit in? I put a puppy pee pad over the litter for easy clean up on a longer trip. I keep small garbage bags in my car for odor control and ease of disposal. On a long trip like that I would certainly offer water at least once and maybe some type of food in limited quantities.
I put harnesses on my cats and have leashes available to help control them if I have to open the kennel on the road. This is for safety - I certainly would noot want one (or both) of my boys loose on the side of a busy highway.
I think you are being very smart by trying to get this cat used to traveling before you actually hit the road for the long trip!
Good luck and have a safe journey.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Jun 2 2:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Girlfriend's Cat

Claude- Hoppurr - Master GR- Com

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Mon Jun 2, '14 2:00pm PST 
I think the little nips are what I call "love bites". I've always had cats that nibble on me and I feel it is a sign of affection - the same goes for the licking.
When she nuzzles you she is looking for attention from you - remember she can't tell time!
Cats time/spacial reality revolves around sleeping, eating, grooming, and playing (did I mention sleeping?!!)
I think I would be honored - this cat seems to think very highly of you and you have begun to lover her even though you, admittedly, don't really care for cats!
Awesome! And just think how this makes your girlfriend feel! So many couples go into a relationship with animal(s) that pre-existed the relationship and one or the other hates the pre-existing animal(s. Arguments ensue.
On the flip side of the coin - the cat could have become jealous of you and become a pest! (cats have their ways of showing dislike for a human - trust me - she likes you!)
Go with it and really begin to explore your new relationship with this cat - you might surprise yourself and become more tolerant of cats - what a wonderful gift this cat has given to you! Give yourself a pat on the back for being able to move forward with this relationship (with the woman and her cat). Congratulations for being a sensitive and kind human with a big heart!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 7 7:03 am

Cat Health > Anyone had a cat with neurological issues?
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Thu May 22, '14 3:16pm PST 
I hope this link will help.
http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/neurological/c_ct_nystagm us
I have had 2 cats that exhibited neurological symptoms.
Both were Maine Coon cats.
Bumpurr had a stroke around age 16. He circled clockwise and was apathetic foor some time. My vet put him on prednisolone and he eventually responded. Later on he paced incessantly and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and put on tapazole.
And still later on I believe he became somewhat senile and continued his pacing. e didn't seem to know where he was. He eventually passed on at age 19.
Purrcy was my next cat. At age 7 he suddenly lost control of his legs on the right side (front and back). My vet said he might have had a transient lesion that caused this problem. Again, we placed him on prednisolone. After a few weeks he was able to walk again, but he was never the same. His personality changed and he became "needy" - had to be held and cuddled for extended periods of time.
My vet said that Purrcy did not suffer a stroke because when cats have a stroke nystagmus is present. Purrcy lived for several more years and had a multitude of health issues.He finally succumbed at age 14.
I don't know if this helps.
I wish you luck in finding an answer to why your cat is sick.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, May 22 3:16 pm

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.